Sean Hannity Visits the Minutemen Volunteers in Arizona

Trinity

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2004
Joining us now are two organizers of the Minuteman Project, James Gilchrist and Chris Simcox. Thank you both for being with us tonight.

Jim, the Border Patrol agents are saying that it's not you that's responsible for this but that they sent a number of new border agents on March 30 to the Mexican-United States border and that's why there is a change in the number of people being stopped. What's your reaction?

JAMES GILCHRIST, ORGANIZER, MINUTEMAN PROJECT: Alan — Alan, we're taking credit for the 94 percent decrease in illegal alien apprehensions. If it wasn't for the Minutemen Project, these 1,000 volunteers from all across the country who have come here, the Border Patrol would not have added 534 more agents.

Those 534 more agents are twiddling their thumbs like the rest of us have been doing for the last seven days. There is no more illegal alien invasion in the San Pedro Valley.

HANNITY: What does that mean to you? That there's a 94 percent reduction. By the way, good to see you both here. Thank you.

Chris, we'll start with you. What does that mean? Does that mean that if we put the resources and the time, that if we can control 23 miles of border, that if the government has its inclination, it can control all of the border? Is that your belief?

CHRIS SIMCOX, ORGANIZER, MINUTEMAN PROJECT: That's it. We've created a model that works. A model that border control cannot implement because they don't have the resources to do this. And by the way, those 500 agents are not here yet. They won't be here until September.

Rest of interview
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,153908,00.html

Hannity at least gets this one. Bush, where are you? You should be down there thanking these guys. They're doing what you've failed to do.

William Joyce said:
Hannity at least gets this one. Bush, where are you? You should be down there thanking these guys. They're doing what you've failed to do.
i agree. bush has blown this one....then again, clinton nor the first bush didnt do much about it either....

William Joyce said:

What are they doing, what have they accomplished? Recent INS statistics from the last few weeks show that there has been no dramatic increase in the number of captured illegals. This is sort of like the empty gesture that libs are so fond of, looks and sounds good but delivers few results.

When is the amnesty coming for illegals already here? Y'all know its coming, when that happens then and only then can we get serious about stopping the flood of illegals coming in.

OCA said:
What are they doing, what have they accomplished? Recent INS statistics from the last few weeks show that there has been no dramatic increase in the number of captured illegals. This is sort of like the empty gesture that libs are so fond of, looks and sounds good but delivers few results.

When is the amnesty coming for illegals already here? Y'all know its coming, when that happens then and only then can we get serious about stopping the flood of illegals coming in.

It could very well be that illegals are avoiding this section of the border. But if they are avoiding it, then it's obvious that what they are doing is effective. So we should get a lot more people on the borders to watch out for the illegals coming over.

And amnesty... gimme a break. Deport them.

gop_jeff said:
It could very well be that illegals are avoiding this section of the border. But if they are avoiding it, then it's obvious that what they are doing is effective. So we should get a lot more people on the borders to watch out for the illegals coming over.

And amnesty... gimme a break. Deport them.

Deportation Jeff is not logical nor is it logistically possible. You might not like amnesty but you know it is the only viable solution. I don't see why we just don't do it and get it over with so we can move on.

I see it being sort of funny that Mexicans have been pouring over that border for decades but only now since 9/11 does anybody give a rats ass, why is that?

OCA said:
Deportation Jeff is not logical nor is it logistically possible. You might not like amnesty but you know it is the only viable solution. I don't see why we just don't do it and get it over with so we can move on.

I see it being sort of funny that Mexicans have been pouring over that border for decades but only now since 9/11 does anybody give a rats ass, why is that?

I think deportation on a large scale would be logistically impossible, but deportation on a small scale, with the threat that "you could be next" is feasible. I also like the proposal that businesses that employ illegals are fined heavily - like $50K-$100K a pop. That would sufficiently reduce the demand for illegal labor that many illegals would go back home.

As far as the security of the border... I think 9/11 woke many people up to the need for tighter borders.

gop_jeff said:
I think deportation on a large scale would be logistically impossible, but deportation on a small scale, with the threat that "you could be next" is feasible. I also like the proposal that businesses that employ illegals are fined heavily - like $50K-$100K a pop. That would sufficiently reduce the demand for illegal labor that many illegals would go back home.

As far as the security of the border... I think 9/11 woke many people up to the need for tighter borders.

So then where will these businesses find labor? Don't say Americans because that has largely been untrue, so far as the fact that Americans are unwiiling to do those types of jobs for that type of pay.

OCA said:
So then where will these businesses find labor? Don't say Americans because that has largely been untrue, so far as the fact that Americans are unwiiling to do those types of jobs for that type of pay.

Well, with no mexicans the pay will rise. Also we end up making up the difference in public services for illegals. Learn to think.

OCA said:

I don't buy the argument that "there are all these jobs that Americans aren't willing to do." Yeah, entry level work sucks, as does field laboring, but if there are no other jobs available, then I'm sure that people will be willing to work there.

Not to mention, even though this is anethema in America, not every high school kid is going to go to a four-year college and be a high-speed businessman. Some people have neither the desire nor skills for such jobs. On the flip side, not everyone is cut out for hard-labor jobs. God knows I couldn't go into carpentry or electrician work - I'd be terrible at it.

rtwngAvngr said:
Well, with no mexicans the pay will rise. Also we end up making up the difference in public services for illegals. Learn to think.

Nope, pay will not rise(this has been proven time and time again) only businesses will fail. Take modern American economics 101.....Rush.

Hey since your unemployed why don'y you come out to Cali. and pick fruit 12 hrs a day for lets say, 10.00/hr. in 105 degree heat, whaddaya say? I know you need the money.

gop_jeff said:
I don't buy the argument that "there are all these jobs that Americans aren't willing to do." Yeah, entry level work sucks, as does field laboring, but if there are no other jobs available, then I'm sure that people will be willing to work there.

Not to mention, even though this is anethema in America, not every high school kid is going to go to a four-year college and be a high-speed businessman. Some people have neither the desire nor skills for such jobs. On the flip side, not everyone is cut out for hard-labor jobs. God knows I couldn't go into carpentry or electrician work - I'd be terrible at it.

As long as welfare is more attractive(thanks feds!), people will be unwilling to do these jobs.

OCA said:
As long as welfare is more attractive(thanks feds!), people will be unwilling to do these jobs.

Well, I'm all for making welfare a state (vs. fed) responsibility. But generally speaking, many states already have lowered welfare benefits, and look-for-work requirements.

OCA said:
Nope, pay will not rise(this has been proven time and time again) only businesses will fail. Take modern American economics 101.....Rush.

Hey since your unemployed why don'y you come out to Cali. and pick fruit 12 hrs a day for lets say, 10.00/hr. in 105 degree heat, whaddaya say? I know you need the money.

No thanks, shemp.

gop_jeff said:
Well, I'm all for making welfare a state (vs. fed) responsibility. But generally speaking, many states already have lowered welfare benefits, and look-for-work requirements.

Yes but not nearly enough states and again not nearly strict enough IMO.

OCA said:

Oh really...for your information illegals are not only being employed in minial service jobs as in the historic programs of the past..they have even been found in reconstruction projects on US Naval bases under federal contractors,not to mention in every field from house construction to high tech electronics industries...on and on..industry likes cheap labor in every field...wake up and smell the coffee! :spank3:

Forum List

Back