Sean Hannity Visits the Minutemen Volunteers in Arizona

GotZoom said:
The business will close. The owner and employees will have to find another job. Other businesses will end up closing and more and more people will be out of work.

They will be forced to stand in unemployment lines. Our taxes will rise because more people are unemployed.

But look on the bright side, at least they can compete with "their own" instead of those mexicans for the minimum wage jobs that are available.

Bad idea.

Garbage--Americans can start taking entry level jobs and owners can start paying decent wages. We all can feel a bit safer too.

dilloduck said:
the point is that there are a lot of folks who are waiting in line to get to America for years. Why should the wet backs of any race be forgiven? Because they will clean toilets? What kind of precendent is that--the very first thing they do when they come here is illegal.

Wet backs, real nice, real classy. Clean toilets? Nice generalization. I think we are done here.

For your info, not very many people, and I think you're referring to Europeans, are waiting to get here, legally or illegally, that has been declining rapidly for decades, especially now that the dollar is so friggin weak, its just not attractive to come here as much as it used to be unless you come from a third world country.

GotZoom said:
The business will close. The owner and employees will have to find another job. Other businesses will end up closing and more and more people will be out of work.

They will be forced to stand in unemployment lines. Our taxes will rise because more people are unemployed.

But look on the bright side, at least they can compete with "their own" instead of those mexicans for the minimum wage jobs that are available.

Bad idea.

Exactly!

dilloduck said:
Garbage--Americans can start taking entry level jobs and owners can start paying decent wages. We all can feel a bit safer too.

Right! What planet do you live on? Americans generally don't have that work ethic anymore, they want it all and they want it now!

OCA said:
Right! What planet do you live on? Americans generally don't have that work ethic anymore, they want it all and they want it now!

That lack of work ethic should change - and it would if illegals were banned in practice, not just in name.

OCA said:
Wet backs, real nice, real classy. Clean toilets? Nice generalization. I think we are done here.

For your info, not very many people, and I think you're referring to Europeans, are waiting to get here, legally or illegally, that has been declining rapidly for decades, especially now that the dollar is so friggin weak, its just not attractive to come here as much as it used to be unless you come from a third world country.

Pick whatever word you want--they're criminals. What other laws should we ignore so some business owner can get cheap labor while foreigners are starting gangs to control "turf" in LA ?

dilloduck said:
Pick whatever word you want--they're criminals. What other laws should we ignore so some business owner can get cheap labor while foreigners are starting gangs to control "turf" in LA ?

I'm all for stopping the influx now.

I just don't think it would be econimically prudent to make a major sweep throughout the US and "kick their asses" out all at one time.

It has been going on way too long for this to work.

dilloduck said:

Big D you there? Do you know anything about the Latino gangs in L.A.? They were STARTED by Mexican-American CITIZENS BORN HERE! Think zoot suits, think 1930's. Don't buy into the lie being sold to you.

GotZoom said:
I'm all for stopping the influx now.

I just don't think it would be econimically prudent to make a major sweep throughout the US and "kick their asses" out all at one time.

It has been going on way too long for this to work.

you bet---lets at least start somewhere and it may as well be at the border--I know of NO ONE that supports the fact that thousands of em come over everyday. We may as well be outsourcing. Move the businesses that support them to Mexico what the hell ? If Americans are too uppity to do some hard work at entry levels then we're a big bunch of babies who don't deserve what we have.

gop_jeff said:
That lack of work ethic should change - and it would if illegals were banned in practice, not just in name.

Jeff you know that just because illegals are booted that you're guy on welfare is not going down to the local farm to pick vegetables, come on now.

The pay increases you talk about just are not available in these businesses that employ illegals, as i've explained many times and especially in agriculture they run on very thin margins, we can go on and on as to why that is but in the mean time that is reality. These businesses will go under, plain and simple.

dilloduck said:
If Americans are too uppity to do some hard work at entry levels then we're a big bunch of babies who don't deserve what we have.

Dillo that is the first bit of acknowledgement of reality i've seen from you.

OCA said:
Nope, you made no sense. Entering a country illegally to seek out a better life should be classified as a felony? I say change the law temporarily, AMNESTY NOW!

If we boot em you gonna take over for them? What should we tell the businesses that will fail because of this? Tough shit?

OCA what country did you grow up in?Business was not failing when I was growing up...jobs were available to all citizens..I repeat citizens...now they are only available to illegals..what is wrong with this picture?Change the law to allow violators of the law to have a chance to committ more crime and destruction of our economy is okay with you?I say big business is out of control and is destroying our country for the sake of so called profit! The only problem with this type of profit is that it only benefits a few at the cost of the majority...I would rather pay a little more for US products and guarantee the jobs for citizens..It is really funny though that even though jobs that are shipped overseas and jobs granted to illegals to bolster profits never seem to result in lower costs of the products...only profits to those CEO's and shareholders who rape the citizens of the US with their pure and simple BS...voodoo economics! I am really growing tired of all this...I served my country honorably and I expect the same from my country...Is this too much to ask...old wise one? :crutch:

Often employers are forced to hire illegals BY upholding the law. If a Mexican or any other immigrant applies for a job and they have a green card / social security number, then you cannot deny them employment - whether they are fakes or not. If you deny them a job and say that you think they are fakes, then you risk being sued for unlawful employment.

Illegals (at least in Vegas) are not taking jobs under minimum wage. A matter of fact, many of them make more than double the minimum wage. It is just that they will do laborious work. They will do repetitious work. They will do what most Americans feel is beneath them, no matter how much one pays.

I agree, we need to enforce the laws and therefore, there is NO EXCUSE for illegals being in this country. But to blame the employers..... c'mon, this is an issue that is caused by ALL Americans. Not just those that employ them, but also those that DEMAND the services that they are willing to provide.

Every single one of us has benefited from illegals being in this country whether we want to admit it or not.

archangel said:
OCA what country did you grow up in?Business was not failing when I was growing up...jobs were available to all citizens..I repeat citizens...now they are only available to illegals..what is wrong with this picture?Change the law to allow violators of the law to have a chance to committ more crime and destruction of our economy is okay with you?I say big business is out of control and is destroying our country for the sake of so called profit! The only problem with this type of profit is that it only benefits a few at the cost of the majority...I would rather pay a little more for US products and guarantee the jobs for citizens..It is really funny though that even though jobs that are shipped overseas and jobs granted to illegals to bolster profits never seem to result in lower costs of the products...only profits to those CEO's and shareholders who rape the citizens of the US with their pure and simple BS...voodoo economics! I am really growing tired of all this...I served my country honorably and I expect the same from my country...Is this too much to ask...old wise one? :crutch:

Funny, when I was growing up, there were illegals doing jobs just like there are today. The difference between now and then? There are a LOT more Americans. Hence, there is a lot more need for people to do the jobs Americans are not willing to do.

The migrant farmers of the early 20th century were, by in large, illegal immigrants. Nothing has changed except the population levels. I bet the % of illegals living in America today, on a per capita basis, is the same as it has always been or at least, very, very close.

freeandfun1 said:
Often employers are forced to hire illegals BY upholding the law. If a Mexican or any other immigrant applies for a job and they have a green card / social security number, then you cannot deny them employment - whether they are fakes or not. If you deny them a job and say that you think they are fakes, then you risk being sued for unlawful employment.

Illegals (at least in Vegas) are not taking jobs under minimum wage. A matter of fact, many of them make more than double the minimum wage. It is just that they will do laborious work. They will do repetitious work. They will do what most Americans feel is beneath them, no matter how much one pays.

I agree, we need to enforce the laws and therefore, there is NO EXCUSE for illegals being in this country. But to blame the employers..... c'mon, this is an issue that is caused by ALL Americans. Not just those that employ them, but also those that DEMAND the services that they are willing to provide.

Every single one of us has benefited from illegals being in this country whether we want to admit it or not.

Free, I'm not blaming the employers, but if there's no work for illegals to be had in America, they sure won't be coming over as much!

OCA said:
Big D you there? Do you know anything about the Latino gangs in L.A.? They were STARTED by Mexican-American CITIZENS BORN HERE! Think zoot suits, think 1930's. Don't buy into the lie being sold to you.

Zoot suits...1930's my my..you have a little grasp on history...I worked for LAPD 1971-1974 before going federal...gangs in LA are for the most part composed of illegal aleins...Zuit suits for the most part in the 1930's were a social group...not really into organized crime...this was the domain of the "familia" as in Italian and Jewish decent...Of which I share heritage as in decent but not crime...(latin and Italian)...you are way off base...please spare us your interpretation of history...one cannot justify continued violations of current law by citing past historical events that are flawed to represent the writers view...geez!

well ..... what about the LA building owner's that busted the janitors union several years ago......

americans were making 11 / hr.....they went on strike and illegals took thier jobs at 5 / hr

Forum List

Back