Sean Hannity Visits the Minutemen Volunteers in Arizona

OCA said:
No really you can't. It won't ever happen.

Before Amnesty happens it will be important to actually seal the border against illegal entry, and to remove every incentive for such entry into the country, those incentives such as welfare and free medical care as well as free schooling and no taxation. And I really do mean before, not after the amnesty. Otherwise as soon as the amnesty is offered three times the usual amount become sure that they must get here before that amnesty goes into effect, and if those incentives are not dealt with there will be no incentive at all to get people to sign up other than the ever decreasing fear of actual deportation. They end up actually having to pay for things like medical care, pay actual taxes as they begin to receive funds above-board rather then under the table, etc.

Personally I still think we should at the very least charge a large fee for entering this country illegally before they can be due any amnesty they must pay the fee. Otherwise all we have shown is that we will keep the border open, give amnesty every 20 years or so, during that time you will still get free medical attention and schooling as well as every effective welfare program we can find, unless you enter legally where you get less help, have to pay taxes, as well as pay for medical care. What reason do they have to sign up? Citizens often get less benefits from the government than illegals often do.

Actual changes must take effect before any amnesty should be supported, otherwise it is a simple urine soaked pie in the face of those who have entered legally.

OCA said:
No really you can't. It won't ever happen.

Yes, you can. The two are not dependant on each other at all. Stopping illegal crossings and amnesty are two unrelated issues. Your bizarre entwinement of the two issues baffles me.

Forum List

Back