Sean Hannity has yet to prove Waterboarding is not Torture

Two completely different techniques. You can argue the opposite from now until doomsday but you will still be either wrong or lying.

absolutely NOT true. strapping the subject to an inclined board, wrappng a towel around the nose and mouth and pouring water over the towel has the same effect today as it did in WWII: it is torture.

No. It isn't.

It's unpleasant as all get-out, but falls short of being "torture."

See how that works? YOU (and your fellow believers) can keep SAYING it, and that doesn't make it any more the truth than my repeated denial (and the denial of those similarly inclined) makes it false.

In reality, it is not a settled question.

I can see how it could qualify as "torture," depending on the definition employed.*

But, I can also see how it falls short of qualifying as torture, regardless of the fact that it sucks big time.

Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, from Old French, from Late Latin tortura, from Latin tortus, past participle of torquēre to twist; probably akin to Old High German drāhsil turner, Greek atraktos spindle
Date: 1540
1 a : anguish of body or mind : agony b : something that causes agony or pain
2 : the infliction of intense pain (as from burning, crushing, or wounding) to punish, coerce, or afford sadistic pleasure
torture - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

what a sophomoric and foolish response. Do you think that jursts at the Hague presiding over a war crimes trial will go to Mirriam-Webster - or even OED - to determine what is and is not "torture"?

The fact of the matter is that, in international courts, waterboarding has already been classified as torture. And America classified it as torture when prosecuting japanese war criminals. what is good for the goose, is good for the gander.

Liability is not worried about truth, only about being defeated again (and again) (and again).

Liability is not worried about truth, only about being defeated again (and again) (and again).

liability is 20 pounds of bile, 20 pounds of incompetence, 20 pounds of plain dumbfuckery, 20 pounds of frustration and 20 pounds of a strange common sense/intelligence melange pressed into a 50 pound bag. no wonder this guy pours forth a shitload of, well toxic waste, at the slightest poke. at least he has belushi winking and likes animal house.

liability is 20 pounds of bile, 20 pounds of incompetence, 20 pounds of plain dumbfuckery, 20 pounds of frustration and 20 pounds of a strange common sense/intelligence melange pressed into a 50 pound bag. no wonder this guy pours forth a shitload of, well toxic waste, at the slightest poke. at least he has belushi winking and likes animal house.

It's cute when L.K. thinks he's sounding all lofty.

If we are known by the company we keep, it now seems fitting that L.K. and Jokey, the perpetual boi-toy, are becoming asshole buddies.

But, L.K., you seem to have forgotten that your act comes across a bit better when you toss in some German! :lol:

If we are known by the company we keep, it now seems fitting that L.K. and Jokey, the perpetual boi-toy, are becoming asshole buddies.

But, L.K., you seem to have forgotten that your act comes across a bit better when you toss in some German! :lol:

yeah, i am a slacker.

thanks for reminding me.

der elefant saugt mir nicht noch einmal die butter vom brot, der alte sack.

yeah, i am a slacker.

thanks for reminding me.

der elefant saugt mir nicht noch einmal die butter vom brot, der alte sack.

Slacker is almost the right word....

Now, I never studied German, but with the magic of the interwebz, I think it's time to suggest

Unverständliches Kauderwelsch ist LK' s-Spezialgebiet, mit oder ohne Butter und Brot!

Again... The Dishonesty of the Left on this is RIPE... If Hannity got Waterboarded by Grodin, would it Change ANY of your Minds that you Felt it was Torture?...

This Thread Sucks.

:)

peace...

Again... The Dishonesty of the Left on this is RIPE... If Hannity got Waterboarded by Grodin, would it Change ANY of your Minds that you Felt it was Torture?...

This Thread Sucks.

peace...

if hannity got waterboarded he would shut his yap about waterboarding not being torture. that is why he does not do it.

This Thread Sucks.

peace...

if hannity got waterboarded he would shut his yap about waterboarding not being torture. that is why he does not do it.

What would it Prove?... Ollie was Waterboarded and he doesn't Believe it's Torture... So?...

Does that Sell you?...

Of course it Doesn't.

I Respect your Disagreement, but Hannity's Waterboarding or LACK thereof does NOT Settle the Debate...

That's all I am Saying...

Again, this Thread Sucked from the Time it was Shot ALL over the OP's Mouth.

peace...

This Thread Sucks.

peace...

No. It wouldn't change my mind. I don't deem Sean Hannity as the end-all-be-all in the definition of torture issue. In fact, I don't need anyone else to do or say anything about the issue for me to know that waterboarding is torture and that the only refutation of that statement lies in some sort of goofy semantics game.

The real point is that Hannity is a giant pussy for backing down from being water boarded after saying he would.

BTW, I would never volunteer to be water boarded. Why? I don't want to be tortured.

This Thread Sucks.

peace...

No. It wouldn't change my mind. I don't deem Sean Hannity as the end-all-be-all in the definition of torture issue. In fact, I don't need anyone else to do or say anything about the issue for me to know that waterboarding is torture and that the only refutation of that statement lies in some sort of goofy semantics game.

The real point is that Hannity is a giant pussy for backing down from being water boarded after saying he would.

BTW, I would never volunteer to be water boarded. Why? I don't want to be tortured.

And that's all Fine, and I Respect your Take on Waterboarding...

This Thread is Lame at the Get go because the Premise is Dishonest.

The OP has NO Intention of Conceding if Hannity were to be Waterboarded and then Concluded it was NOT Torture after the Fact.

It's Simply an Attack Hannity Thread... Which is also Fine, but just Attack him and Save the Games and the Dishonesty.

It's like those who Mule Sick People to get Pot Legalized...

Just Legalize Pot and Stop Using the Sick to get you your Bong.

I'll Vote for Legalizing it, just Stop Trotting out Cancer Patients as the Only Reason you want it Legalized.

peace...

OMG, enough of this jerk already, no wonder these guys make so much money people still keep talking about and watching them. He is what he appears to be, an entertainer with a mix of 'Bravo Sierra', guess I'll just sit and watch :lol:
:popcorn:

I bet Liability would agree with Mancow about three seconds into it if he ever had the balls to do more than post trite bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkj9pjx3H0

Except that mancow faked the whole waterboarding thing. :lol:

Please, tell the Class more...

peace...

I was curious too. So, I did a little Google research. THIS is interesting.

Did Erich 'Mancow' Muller Fake His Waterboarding for Publicity? - mancow - Gawker

Oddly, even if manudder is full of shit, that really doesn't make the case that waterboarding isn't torture. I have no doubt, despite the mancow fraud (if the account of his tomfoolery is legitimate) that waterboarding truly sucks. I see no damn reason that anybody would WANT to be subjected to it to "find out" that which is pretty obvious. It can only possibly work as an extreme interrogation technique (or even as torture) IF it is a truly horrible thing to be on the receiving end of.

Except that mancow faked the whole waterboarding thing. :lol:

Please, tell the Class more...

peace...

I was curious too. So, I did a little Google research. THIS is interesting.

Did Erich 'Mancow' Muller Fake His Waterboarding for Publicity? - mancow - Gawker

Oddly, even if manudder is full of shit, that really doesn't make the case that waterboarding isn't torture. I have no doubt, despite the mancow fraud (if the account of his tomfoolery is legitimate) that waterboarding truly sucks. I see no damn reason that anybody would WANT to be subjected to it to "find out" that which is pretty obvious. It can only possibly work as an extreme interrogation technique (or even as torture) IF it is a truly horrible thing to be on the receiving end of.

I wonder if any of those who Muled the Cow in this Thread will Return... ;)

peace...

If Sean's too afraid to be proven wrong, I'll do it for him. Next Wednesday (2/3/10) on my show LIVE at 9pm EST Shovio.com. My show is called The Secular Humorist and I PROMISE to do it. It's a shame when a young girl has more balls than Sean Hannity.

-Sally

Forum List

Back