SEAL: How a Failed Mission to Rescue Bergdahl Caused Irreparable Loss

Vigilante

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2014
Waiting on the Cowardly Dante!!
The POS Obuma is to blame for this bullshit!

Navy SEAL, dog handler: How a failed mission to rescue Bowe Bergdahl caused irreparable loss

image.jpg

Navy SEAL James Hatch with his dog Spike, a Belgian Malinois multi-purpose canine. Hatch was severely wounded while on a mission to rescue Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl who left his post in Afghanistan in 2009 and has subsequently been charged with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy.

The juxtaposition of two American military men who could stand in the same courtroom in the coming months couldn’t be set in more stark relief.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl faces a general court-martial for walking off of his base in eastern Afghanistan in 2009. Bergdahl spent five years in Taliban captivity, where he was tormented, before being freed in a controversial prisoner exchange last year.

Jimmy Hatch, a Navy SEAL senior chief who led a platoon into a fierce battle to try to rescue Bergdahl, was shot and badly wounded on that mission. Beside him, service dog Remco lay mortally wounded, after running through a hail of bullets at two Taliban fighters hiding in a ditch, exposing their whereabouts.

Bergdahl is charged with not only desertion but also misbehavior before the enemy – an archaic, rarely used charge that includes “endangering safety of a command, unit, place, ship, or military property” and has a maximum penalty of life in prison. It could help answer the question of whether Bergdahl betrayed his country intentionally or should be viewed as acting as a result of mental health problems.

Military officials won’t confirm or deny the 2009 mission was a search for Bergdahl. An Army spokesman said Tuesday that the service maintains the position stated by then-Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel in 2014 that he did not know of any specific “circumstances or details of U.S. soldiers dying as a result of efforts to find and rescue Sgt. Bergdahl.” An Army investigator and an officer who presided over Bergdahl’s preliminary hearing earlier this year both recommended he be spared a general court-martial and prison time. But no one has denied servicemembers were hurt as a result of the search and an Army commander last week ruled against the investigator’s recommendation and ordered Bergdahl face a general court-martial.

Hatch, his femur shattered, went through 18 surgeries in two years. He lost his military career and suffered from debilitating Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. He nearly took his own life. His fate inextricably tied to Bergdahl’s, Hatch said he would readily testify if he is called upon.

“I would tell them about the sacrifices of the group of individuals that went out with me on the night I was wounded,” Hatch said. “About the risks they took on behalf of Mr. Bergdahl because of his decisions.

“I would like Mr. Bergdahl and his family to hear what his decisions did to me and my family. I’d like to tell him about my injuries and about the difficulties my family and I continue to have.”

The Rescue Mission

Hostage rescue situations are notoriously dangerous...... MUCH MORE....

Navy SEAL, dog handler: How a failed mission to rescue Bowe Bergdahl caused irreparable loss

Let's airdrop this asshole into ISIS territory and let them figure out what to do with him.

so you guys have backed off your claims guys were killed looking for Bergdahl and are now claiming people were injured looking for him, not because you know, they were in a WAR ZONE.

Did Six Soldiers Really Die Looking for Bergdahl? Not Quite, by Spencer Case, National Review

Of course, right wingers were screaming we should do everything we could to rescue this man... until Obama actually did it.

Right-Wing Bloggers Wanted Bergdahl Release Before Obama Got Him Back

NOt to worry, the Army WILL cover its ass by making this kid they never should have enlisted in the first place the scapegoat for their incompetence.

so you guys have backed off your claims guys were killed looking for Bergdahl and are now claiming people were injured looking for him, not because you know, they were in a WAR ZONE.

Did Six Soldiers Really Die Looking for Bergdahl? Not Quite, by Spencer Case, National Review

Of course, right wingers were screaming we should do everything we could to rescue this man... until Obama actually did it.

Right-Wing Bloggers Wanted Bergdahl Release Before Obama Got Him Back

NOt to worry, the Army WILL cover its ass by making this kid they never should have enlisted in the first place the scapegoat for their incompetence.

So you're calling the SEAL a liar?

So you're calling the SEAL a liar?

NO, the Army is....

They are saying no one died looking for Bergdahl.

The Army also didn't list him as a deserter until AFTER he got back and continued to promote him in captivity.

JoeBlow thinks the Army doesn't lie...... should we tell him, or let him live in his liberal Drone world...won't matter anyway, liberals NEVER believe the TRUTh when it goes against their AGENDA'S!

Obama proved his incompetence when he traded five Taliban leaders for one deserter. He will always be remembered as America's worst President ever, beating Jimmy Carter for that honor.

Of course it does moony, Your Mulatto president fucked up by going to free a deserter that EVERYONE KNEW was a deserter...of course you of weak mind don't see the connection!
If you had ever served in the military, you know the bond, and the fact that Oblama got him back and didn't leave him behind, like those in Nam, says something of his honor as CIC....Even if the man is guilty of his charges.. It was honorable what Oblama did....

Obama proved his incompetence when he traded five Taliban leaders for one deserter. He will always be remembered as America's worst President ever, beating Jimmy Carter for that honor.
They had become mad after being held in US custody....You don't think they were on vacation did ya?

Forum List

Back