Zone1 Scriptures you find baffling

Here is some baffling scripture

Psalms 93:1 KJV​

The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.

Job 37:3 KJV​

He directeth it under the whole heaven, and his lightning unto the ends of the earth.

1 Chronicles 16:30 KJV​

Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

1 Samuel 15:3 ESV / 1,737 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful​

Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’”

The ages of so many key people in the Book of Genesis.
Three possible explanations I have seen offered:
  • The names referred to the Tribe or Family. It wasn't the man named Adam that lived 930 years...it was the Tribe of Adam.
  • It was the cycle of the moon (months) that were counted, not years.
  • A zeros were added to the actual age to stress the importance of the individual.
I haven't heard that anyone knows for sure.

There's that scripture about how the steward was being called on the carpet by the boss (my words) and he knew he was going to lose the stewardship, so he sat down and wrote off half or partial debts of others..

weird.. never had a clue about that one. Some priest talked about the meaning of it years ago but I have forgotten what he said.. probably didn't u/stand that explanation either.. LOL

A guess: maybe it had to do with offering up your sufferings for those in Purgatory (paying off their debt.. caused by sin)? The Catholic Church always taught people to do that.. though likely few Catholics do it anymore? You can also offer up your sufferings (and everyone has them of course) so that people u pray for repent.

We definitely need repentance these days.. Few seem to do that... When is the last time you heard of some prominent politician finding Jesus?

I almost want to LOL

but it's not really too funny

There was a time in my life when I “prayed without ceasing”. I’m sure I missed a moment here and there but I was praying and wishing blessings upon every person I encountered or even drove past me in my car. It was an outrageously peaceful experience. Something must have distracted me because now I don’t even believe in God. Not sure prayer without ceasing would work for me if I tried it now. I challenge anybody dumb enough to believe in an imaginary being to attempt to pray without ceasing for a few days. It’s a great experience from what I can remember.

I challenge anybody dumb enough to believe in an imaginary being
Leave that "imaginary being" whoever or whatever you imagine it to be, and try the reality of God.

There are many types of prayer. The kind you describe should probably still work for you as it takes your mind off self into a wider environment.

My degree is in Theology, you have no idea as to how Biblically illiterate you are. You can't prove it and we both know it.
I am similarly erudite having done a Comparative Theology University course in parallel with my Main degree of Psychology.
You should have concentrated a little harder on General Comprehension and noticed that I never talked in terms of "proof" .
What I said is that there is literally a mountain of evidence outside of the bible which reveals many areas which Constantine and his political allies decided to exclude arbitrarily , simply often claiming heresy .

Your post was therefore misplaced and factually in error .

I am similarly erudite having done a Comparative Theology University course in parallel with my Main degree of Psychology.
You should have concentrated a little harder on General Comprehension and noticed that I never talked in terms of "proof" .
What I said is that there is literally a mountain of evidence outside of the bible which reveals many areas which Constantine and his political allies decided to exclude arbitrarily , simply often claiming heresy .

Your post was therefore misplaced and factually in error .

LOL, you're dismissed as the Biblical illiterate you are.

Forum List

Back