Scozzafava backs Owens

Starkey with all due respect in this day in time nothing can be counted on or out. I think Palin does have a role to play, a leading role I'm not sure for I for one isn't sold. I don't vote because of an R or D or I anymore. I'm just saying a hell of a lot of people are like myself.

We have not only Bush but yes Obama to thank for that. THey both got massive amounts of people totally fed up. How many, don't know but we will see in the polls Tuesday and 2010.

Terry, I appreciate your balance on this point. Let me amend my statement to "I think that if Owen wins, she loses, forever." My point is that the GOP chieftans are so powerful that I believe they will make deals with the Dems before they let the palinistas have a major role in national politics.

If Owens were to win, I think the teabaggers would spin it as a major coup to have finished in second place.

:lol:

The crosstabs from the last Siena poll, the one that played a role in Scozzafava getting out:

http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/...ity_Page/SRI/SNY_Poll/CD23Final Crosstabs.pdf

Her supporters have a slightly more favorable view of Owens over Hoffman.

The undecideds in this poll give President Obama a 62% approval rating.

As you see, the outcome was in the fine print of the polls. The NY23 undecideds were not going to go to Hoffman. They were not conservatives.

And this surprises You how???

She's a moderate like I'm Hubert Humphrey.

Interesting thing here is that all the party men came in to support her, only to have her throw the party overboard when it became clear that she was going to end up in 3rd place.

And Hoffman is not a "neocon" either.

The folks making that claim have zero comprehension of what the term even means.

Hoffman is going to win. Thankfully.

:lol:You Betcha!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::lol:

Outcome good for Democrats, good for Republicans. Bad for wingnuts.

The crosstabs from the last Siena poll, the one that played a role in Scozzafava getting out:

http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/...ity_Page/SRI/SNY_Poll/CD23Final Crosstabs.pdf

As you see, the outcome was in the fine print of the polls. The NY23 undecideds were not going to go to Hoffman. They were not conservatives.

Oh yes they are, when you consider that Hoffman only entered the race less than a month ago, with no money, he made a darn good showing, losing only by 4% of the vote. He was relatively the unknown candidate until 2 weeks ago, when Fred Thompson, Palin, Hannity and Rush woke up. Michael Steele on television tonight stated that the local GOP made a huge mistake in backing Dedrie giving $900 thousand dollars to run her campaign. They really know it now that she dropped out and threw what little support she had to the democrat in the race. She was never a Republican, she was for the no stimulus stimulus bill, backs the national take over of health care and is pro Cap and Trade. All things that even the most liberal Republican would be against.

She is much more liberal than the democrat in this race and I beleive that the NY 23rd was aware of this.

Had Hoffman had the local support of the GOP, had that money and started when he should have. He would have won hands down.

You can bet that at the national level the GOP has woken up and won't be making this mistake again. This was a run-off election where the voters had no choice in the candidates that would represent the different parties, it was a group of 11 so-called republicans that made dedree the choice and it's quite obvious to me, that they probably did not even bother to interview her. I am sure they are now wearing bags over their heads and hearing it loud and clear from the GOP at the national level.

It would also be a terrible mistake for Owens to support the Health care plan being currently debated in congress or to support Cap and Trade. He knows that he only got 49%of the vote and that Hoffman got 45%. That should tell him that he did not win by a landslide and that those people that he is representing are moderates to conservatives.

I am certain Nancy Pelosi is aware of this, no matter what she is saying, and if he is stupid enough to support either of these bills, he will be toast in short time.:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
American Mainstream Is Looking More Like Republican Mainstream - Mary Kate Cary (usnews.com)

"Democrats can read the polls: Independent swing voters are moving toward the right, and the Republican base. The wide American mainstream is broadening to include fiscal conservatives—yes, some of whom have all sorts of opinions on social issues—but they are united in their concern about the growing size and scope of government. Wasn't that the lesson of August's tea parties—that people of all stripes are concerned about massive government growth? Isn't that what's really threatening the left?"

Argue against this idea at your own party's peril.

Republicans stopped being fiscal "conservatives" a long time ago.

Oh yes they are, when you consider that Hoffman only entered the race less than a month ago, with no money, he made a darn good showing, losing only by 4% of the vote. He was relatively the unknown candidate until 2 weeks ago, when Fred Thompson, Palin, Hannity and Rush woke up.

EVERBODY on the right is using this talking point for the last 2 days. Did that come out in a memo? An email?

Michael Steele on television tonight stated that the local GOP made a huge mistake in backing Dedrie giving $900 thousand dollars to run her campaign. They really know it now that she dropped out and threw what little support she had to the democrat in the race. She was never a Republican, she was for the no stimulus stimulus bill, backs the national take over of health care and is pro Cap and Trade. All things that even the most liberal Republican would be against.

Michael Steele is a joke. Did you know at the time he became RNC chairman, ontheissues.org had his political record rated the same as Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins?

Oh yes they are, when you consider that Hoffman only entered the race less than a month ago, with no money, he made a darn good showing, losing only by 4% of the vote. He was relatively the unknown candidate until 2 weeks ago, when Fred Thompson, Palin, Hannity and Rush woke up.

EVERBODY on the right is using this talking point for the last 2 days. Did that come out in a memo? An email?

Michael Steele on television tonight stated that the local GOP made a huge mistake in backing Dedrie giving $900 thousand dollars to run her campaign. They really know it now that she dropped out and threw what little support she had to the democrat in the race. She was never a Republican, she was for the no stimulus stimulus bill, backs the national take over of health care and is pro Cap and Trade. All things that even the most liberal Republican would be against.

Michael Steele is a joke. Did you know at the time he became RNC chairman, ontheissues.org had his political record rated the same as Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins?

I didn't and I haven't.

Forum List

Back