Scozzafava backs Owens

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Dierdre K. Scozzafava's decision to suspend her campaign for the 23rd Congressional District seat is a shocking development in what had already been an extraordinary race.

In her statement Saturday morning, the assemblywoman explained the reasons behind her decision: "It is increasingly clear that pressure is mounting on many of my supporters to shift their support. Consequently, I hereby release those individuals who have endorsed and supported my campaign to transfer their support as they see fit to do so."

During the day Saturday, she began to quietly and thoughtfully encourage her supporters to vote for Democrat William L. Owens.

Watertown Daily Times | A changed race

So a supposedly conservative, really a neocon, Republican backs the liberal Democrat rather than back the other neocon. This tells me that the Republicrats are once again working together to maintain their duopoly. The Republicans and Democrats are willing to go against each other for their own personal gain, but when it comes right down to it they don't mind the other side having a seat if it means a third party doesn't get it.

Actually, she's a Moderate and Hoffman is a Neocon. So of course she's going to support the Democrat. It has nothing to do with a third party.

With this backing, Owens will win now as I previously predicted.

Actually, she's a Moderate and Hoffman is a Neocon. So of course she's going to support the Democrat. It has nothing to do with a third party.

With this backing, Owens will win now as I previously predicted.

Republican moderates are neocons.

A neocon is a big government Republican claiming to be a conservative. If a Republican is a moderate then they are for bigger government, thus a neocon.

Then we have the same definition but I fail to see where she was a neocon. Hoffman is a neocon in Conservative clothing.

A neocon is a big government Republican claiming to be a conservative. If a Republican is a moderate then they are for bigger government, thus a neocon.

Then we have the same definition but I fail to see where she was a neocon. Hoffman is a neocon in Conservative clothing.

You said yourself she was a moderate. If a Republican is a moderate then they support bigger government than a true conservative would. Since a neocon believes in bigger government a moderate would be a neocon.

You said yourself she was a moderate. If a Republican is a moderate then they support bigger government than a true conservative would. Since a neocon believes in bigger government a moderate would be a neocon.

Except I wanted specific positions. I consider her to be a moderate because she's not against things like Gay Marriage. In the Republican Party, you won't make it mainstream with such a position. But your definition of a neocon falls somewhat short. Hoffman is not a Moderate, in fact he is far to the right. Yet he is a Neocon.

During the day Saturday, she began to quietly and thoughtfully encourage her supporters to vote for Democrat William L. Owens.
This story seems a bit fishy. She didn't endorse either candidate publicly. But apparently she thoughtfully whispered into the ear of the reporter? :lol:

Except I wanted specific positions. I consider her to be a moderate because she's not against things like Gay Marriage. In the Republican Party, you won't make it mainstream with such a position. But your definition of a neocon falls somewhat short. Hoffman is not a Moderate, in fact he is far to the right. Yet he is a Neocon.

Not true. The interventionist foreign policy he supports is the best way for government to grow its power. If he truly supported limited government he'd support a noninterventionist foreign policy.

Nope the best way to expand federal power is through social programs. Get enough people on the dole and they won't stay sober enough to give a damn what the hell you do to some miserable 3rd worlder.

There are times when you simply can't afford the consequences of living the rest of the world to its own devices.

Dierdre K. Scozzafava's decision to suspend her campaign for the 23rd Congressional District seat is a shocking development in what had already been an extraordinary race.

In her statement Saturday morning, the assemblywoman explained the reasons behind her decision: "It is increasingly clear that pressure is mounting on many of my supporters to shift their support. Consequently, I hereby release those individuals who have endorsed and supported my campaign to transfer their support as they see fit to do so."

Watertown Daily Times | A changed race

So a supposedly conservative, really a neocon, Republican backs the liberal Democrat rather than back the other neocon. This tells me that the Republicrats are once again working together to maintain their duopoly. The Republicans and Democrats are willing to go against each other for their own personal gain, but when it comes right down to it they don't mind the other side having a seat if it means a third party doesn't get it.

Owens isn't a liberal, except maybe to the rightwing extremists who think everyone from McCain leftward is a liberal.

Forum List

Back