Scottish referendum next?

I can generally agree with the exception of the "if" in the second-to-last sentence. Shift that to "when" and we're in harmony.
Although France may want out of the EU, there would be serious financial repercussions and if that lead to a collapse of the EU, those repercussion would be global and would throw the financial markets into a tailspin. About the only country that would like see that happen is Russia, certainly not the US or Europe.

I've always suspected that the brexit was a Russian kgb project.

By the way, I know a French guy who lives here France, so has no brexit vote, but was such a strong supporter of brexit, that he organized his own French brexit support action team all the way in Paris.

But I think the French are a lot more Eurocentric than the island inhabitants of Britain. So for them to exit is a lot longer shot. Also France and Germany are the United financial axle of the euro, and France would not like to give that up, I think.

I begin to think that my historic prediction may come true in a few yeArs, that an endless pile of euros will be pumped into the economies of an independent Scotland, and a newly United Ireland, all the way from Berlin.

I still think Germany will be next to come to its senses and take a vote. How that might turn out I will not even attempt to predict but I really believe they will very efficiently hold an in-out election in 18-24 months. Especially if the island that is Britain does not sink under the weight of the Euro bullshit.

The majority of the people of the states of the EU are pro-EU. Neo-Nazi racist parties are a fringe element. The UK was never a real EU member. Good riddance.

I've always suspected that the brexit was a Russian kgb project.

By the way, I know a French guy who lives here France, so has no brexit vote, but was such a strong supporter of brexit, that he organized his own French brexit support action team all the way in Paris.

But I think the French are a lot more Eurocentric than the island inhabitants of Britain. So for them to exit is a lot longer shot. Also France and Germany are the United financial axle of the euro, and France would not like to give that up, I think.

I begin to think that my historic prediction may come true in a few yeArs, that an endless pile of euros will be pumped into the economies of an independent Scotland, and a newly United Ireland, all the way from Berlin.
Well, I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but Putin seems pretty happy over this. The EU has always been a problem for Russia. Russia would certainly be able to negotiate better trade deals with the individual countries than with the EU. And if the EU fell apart, what's next? NATO?

Do you think Scotland will arrange a referendum now that the English handed the place to the goons? And if yes, what outcome of the Scottish referendum would be your bet?
There will be another referendum, and they will vote for independence. It did not pass last time because a vote for independence meant they would be out of the EU. Now that is not on the table.

Do you think Scotland will arrange a referendum now that the English handed the place to the goons? And if yes, what outcome of the Scottish referendum would be your bet?
There will be another referendum, and they will vote for independence. It did not pass last time because a vote for independence meant they would be out of the EU. Now that is not on the table.
Scotland needs the EU badly because their rapidly growing financial services industry which is over 7% of their GDP would die without the EU's single market of 500 million customers.

If Ireland also seeks separation, parliament will have to call for another referendum vote.

I still think Germany will be next to come to its senses and take a vote. How that might turn out I will not even attempt to predict but I really believe they will very efficiently hold an in-out election in 18-24 months. Especially if the island that is Britain does not sink under the weight of the Euro bullshit.
Germany rules the EU, at least financially. And France rules it politically. How would an anti-EU referendum there go beyond the ultranationalist fringes?

They never agreed with Churchill's call for a United States of Europe, a union of states in a federal system like the USA.

They never agreed with Churchill's call for a United States of Europe, a union of states in a federal system like the USA.
At best, a federation of independent states. The EU works best as an economic federation, negotiating trade deals. Immigration should be controlled by member states. Maybe someday, the EU will be the United States of Europe, but that's a long time off. Members of the EU are still too nationalist for that. I think there are few citizens of Germany, Italy, France or Britain, that consider themselves anything other than Germans, Italians, French or Brits.

You are wrong. Most French, Italians and Germans consider themselves Europeans. The Brits were late to join the EEC they are not founding members.

You are wrong. Most French, Italians and Germans consider themselves Europeans. The Brits were late to join the EEC they are not founding members.
Not the ones I know. I have never heard a tourist identify themselves a European. It's always French, English, Italian, German, etc..

Not the ones I know. I have never heard a tourist identify themselves a European. It's always French, English, Italian, German, etc..
There is the problem that many of these member states were drawn on the map to steal parts of their neighbor member state's homeland. This was done, for the very purpose of defining these identities as ultra nationalistic, not simply nationalistic. Even the Lisbon treaty didn't dare to challenge this. Why is this, and what is the real purpose of the EU then?

There is the problem that many of these member states were drawn on the map to steal parts of their neighbor member state's homeland. This was done, for the very purpose of defining these identities as ultra nationalistic, not simply nationalistic. Even the Lisbon treaty didn't dare to challenge this. Why is this, and what is the real purpose of the EU then?
Creating nations has always been bad policy because it's always done for benefit and convenience of the creator.

The purpose of the EU is to create uniform policies, laws, and regulations and thus promote easy movement of capital, goods, services, and people. In other words, they want to be more like the US so they can travel, conduct business, and migrate between member countries like Americans do between states.

Last edited:

The incredibly silly SNP woman, Nicola Sturgeon embarrassed herself yesterday, she gets no special deal for Scotland, also Donald Tusk snubbed her.

Donald Tusk is President of The European Council, he's now more important than that alcoholic Jean-Claude Juncker.

The next important Referendums both come in October.

Hungary is having a Referendum on the "poor refugees", we expect our Hungarian brothers and sisters to reject the Quota System, Hungary is a Christian nation and as Viktor Orbán has stated, there's no place for Islam in Hungary.

This is also what Robert Fico the Prime Minister of Slovakia has stated and Fico takes the helm of the Council of The European Union in just a few days.

Italy is having a Referendum on amending the Italian Constitution, so that the UNELECTED Prime Minister Matteo Renzi can get his reforms through by transforming the Senate of The Republic into a Senate of Regions, he's said if he loses, he'll resign. Patriotic Europeans are going to help our Italian brothers and sisters make sure Renzi loses.

This suggestion from Matteo Renzi is completely un-Democratic and classic Leftist Authoritarianism.

It must be defeated.

Renzi is considered a right-winger, pro-US stooge. Former Boy Scout. You haven't a clue.

Renzi is considered a right-winger, pro-US stooge. Former Boy Scout. You haven't a clue.

You consistently show that you're not only a complete ignoramus, but also a complete moron.

Matteo Renzi, a "right-winger" :rolleyes-41:

Hey idiot, just stick to your own American politics and STFU about MY Continents politics which you illustrate you haven't a clue about.

Forum List

Back