Scottish independence

It is quite possible that Scotland may vote No. This referendum may simply have been nothing more than a warning shot at Westminster to start paying attention to Scottish concerns.

It is quite possible that Scotland may vote No. This referendum may simply have been nothing more than a warning shot at Westminster to start paying attention to Scottish concerns.

Well, as long as we're hypothesizing about Westminster's ulterior motives, I believe the referendum was designed to placate Scottish Nationals. England would never have approved it had it been even remotely concerned it might be a "Yes" victory.

It is a complete travesty.

Well, as long as we're hypothesizing about Westminster's ulterior motives, I believe the referendum was designed to placate Scottish Nationals. England would never have approved it had it been even remotely concerned it might be a "Yes" victory.

It is a complete travesty.

That is not a bad guess actually. But one thing I am certain on is that Westminster is going to give more attention to Scots on foreign issues. I am not saying that UK will give up its nuclear weapons to please Scottish folks but UK will certainly be more careful about engaging in wars going forward. That is my prediction.

Because some of our more gullible, mostly of the progressive variety will believe anything, I offer this bit of "electioneering" just in.....

Queen Rips Scottish Bastards in Angry Televised Address - The New Yorker

"LONDON (The Borowitz Report)—In an eleventh-hour development that could have an unpredictable effect on the vote to determine Scottish independence, Queen Elizabeth II took to the British airwaves on Thursday to excoriate the Scots in a one-hour, profanity-laden tirade."

I am not sure what is going on here.

1411084876011_wps_94_Tensions_begin_to_rise_on.jpg

Scottish independence vote ends and the countdown begins Daily Mail Online

It wound up being not as close as expected as No won 55-45. Only 4 of 32 council areas voted Yes.

It appears that undecideds broke against succession but a fairly wide margin. In Quebec, undecideds voted 2:1 against, and it appears they did so in Scotland as well.

It wound up being not as close as expected as No won 55-45. Only 4 of 32 council areas voted Yes.

It appears that undecideds broke against succession but a fairly wide margin. In Quebec, undecideds voted 2:1 against, and it appears they did so in Scotland as well.

It'll be interesting to see if it was women who quashed the dream. The last poll I saw had women with a 16 spread favoring NO while the men where 53% in favor of YES. Women are very supportive of dependence on government. I wonder if that 16 point spread held.

It'll be interesting to see if it was women who quashed the dream. The last poll I saw had women with a 16 spread favoring NO while the men where 53% in favor of YES. Women are very supportive of dependence on government. I wonder if that 16 point spread held.

Could be.

This is most unfortunate. I would guess the state run media put on a full court press to scare many Scots into voting to stay part of a failed corrupt PC warmongering nation state.

What a shame.

Yet Scots will still be Scots........and remind everyone of it.

Don't know about you but I haven't really got a problem with that. After all is said and done, they're still proud of their heritage, and I hope the relatively harmless tribalism between the Scots, English, Irish and Welsh continues long after I've been put in the ground.

Don't know about you but I haven't really got a problem with that. After all is said and done, they're still proud of their heritage, and I hope the relatively harmless tribalism between the Scots, English, Irish and Welsh continues long after I've been put in the ground.
That goes without saying.

That goes without saying.

Nothing personal, Mud, it's just that we've narrowly averted having the country we've taken for granted being ripped from under our feet. I'm genuinely and sincerely relieved at the outcome.

Forum List

Back