Scottish Independence And The Uk Flag

Sgt_Gath

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2014
Will This Be the U.K.'s New Flag? - The Atlantic

The UK's current, "union," flag, is a combination of some of the traditional flags of England, Scotland, and Ireland.

bfbf6abc5.png

The only country that has been left out of the design so far has been Wales.

358fdbb00.png

If Scotland leaves Great Britain, however, the UK might very well have to rethink this, and change the flag to bring in Wales and replace Scotland.

Here are some of the possibilities presented so far.

ccb23abd5.png

8825e8e2b.jpg

c52e7076d.png

Personally, I think I like the second one best. It makes the UK seem a bit edgier. :D

A cousin called from London, and he says Special Branch is preparing for action against the SNP leadership.

The executive in GB is worse than here: it needs to be controlled better.

Will This Be the U.K.'s New Flag? - The Atlantic

The UK's current, "union," flag, is a combination of some of the traditional flags of England, Scotland, and Ireland.

bfbf6abc5.png

The only country that has been left out of the design so far has been Wales.

358fdbb00.png

If Scotland leaves Great Britain, however, the UK might very well have to rethink this, and change the flag to bring in Wales and replace Scotland.

Here are some of the possibilities presented so far.

ccb23abd5.png

8825e8e2b.jpg

c52e7076d.png

Personally, I think I like the second one best. It makes the UK seem a bit edgier. :D

I agree Sgt_Gath. The second flag is definitely the coolest one. :D

I kind of like the dragon flag too though. Maybe they should have the cross symbol with the superimposed dragon on top of it.

This was another possibility I saw posted.

original.jpg

I'm not sure if the English would be too happy about having Wales "front and center" like that though. lol

So far the separatists have been flying "The Saltaire":

Flag of Scotland - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

800px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png

One might wonder what Scotland will use for currency since Britain has no intention of "sharing" the pound. Perhaps shiny stones with little Saltaire decals attached? They surely can have them whipped up in China quickly and cheaply since Scotland doesn't manufacture much once you factor out alcohol.

I kind of like the dragon flag too though. Maybe they should have the cross symbol with the superimposed dragon on top of it.

This was another possibility I saw posted.

original.jpg

I'm not sure if the English would be too happy about having Wales "front and center" like that though. lol

Well I like it, but it would be even cooler if the crosses were black and the dragon stayed red with the white outline, IMO. Of course, you're probably right, and they would be like petty babies about it. Lol!

Well I like it, but it would be even cooler if the crosses were black and the dragon stayed red with the white outline, IMO. Of course, you're probably right, and they would be like petty babies about it. Lol!

This was another suggestion.

768bc90b1.jpg

I don't know if I'm feeling all that yellow though. lol

This was another suggestion.

768bc90b1.jpg

I don't know if I'm feeling all that yellow though. lol

Agreed. I don't like the yellow at all, and there is no dragon. I think they MUST have a dragon! :lol: Why on EARTH would they not want a dragon?

That's interesting because I'm Welch (well . . . among many other things, lol). I don't have any idea where it comes from or the history though.

It's spelled out here:

Flag of Wales - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I once thought of myself as being of primarily of Welsh extraction based on tales from my paternal grandmother. I went to Wales to check it out and quickly fell silent on the subject. After some ancestry research I found her tales were probably true but fortunately the tree made me but 1/8th (at best) Welsh. It was a dark, dismal, sad place. Then, 40 years later, I returned and the improvement is immense.

I was pleased to see this pub/B&B, where I stayed all those years ago, is still in business:

Accommodation

It's where I first learned of - and saw a nice collection of - political chamberpots! The village then was named "Clatter". The new name is far less descriptive of that which goes around in the pub Friday and Saturday nights.

BTW. The people of Wales are Welsh. The purple people of grape juice fame are Welch.

That's interesting because I'm Welch (well . . . among many other things, lol). I don't have any idea where it comes from or the history though.

It's spelled out here:

Flag of Wales - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I once thought of myself as being of primarily of Welsh extraction based on tales from my paternal grandmother. I went to Wales to check it out and quickly fell silent on the subject. After some ancestry research I found her tales were probably true but fortunately the tree made me but 1/8th (at best) Welsh. It was a dark, dismal, sad place. Then, 40 years later, I returned and the improvement is immense.

I was pleased to see this pub/B&B, where I stayed all those years ago, is still in business:

Accommodation

It's where I first learned of - and saw a nice collection of - political chamberpots! The village then was named "Clatter". The new name is far less descriptive of that which goes around in the pub Friday and Saturday nights.

BTW. The people of Wales are Welsh. The purple people of grape juice fame are Welch.

I meant I had no idea where my ancestry of "Welsh" (lol) comes from, not the flag. But that is interesting! I would only be a "little bit" anyways because I have quite a few nationalities mixed in there (I think like 7 nationalities), like a mutt! My ancestors must have really gotten around! :eek-52:

Forum List

Back