Scott Walker responds to SCOTUS gay marriage decision, calls for NEW CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
CONTACT your congresscritters and tell them to get behind this. this court has NO RIGHT to step over the STATES rights

SNIP:

Scott Walker has penned his response to the Supreme Court decision, calling it a grave mistake and calling for a constitutional amendment to reaffirm that the states have the ability to define marriage:

“I believe this Supreme Court decision is a grave mistake. Five unelected judges have taken it upon themselves to redefine the institution of marriage, an institution that the author of this decision acknowledges ‘has been with us for millennia.’ In 2006 I, like millions of Americans, voted to amend our state constitution to protect the institution of marriage from exactly this type of judicial activism. The states are the proper place for these decisions to be made, and as we have seen repeatedly over the last few days, we will need a conservative president who will appoint men and women to the Court who will faithfully interpret the Constitution and laws of our land without injecting their own political agendas. As a result of this decision, the only alternative left for the American people is to support an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to reaffirm the ability of the states to continue to define marriage.

all of it here:

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/scott-walker-responds-to-scotus-gay-marriage-decision-calls-for-new-constitutional-amendment/#ixzz3eBkdlehf

Walker sure is trying hard for those young voters....

young, old. who cares . wait until the Supreme court comes back at you and bans abortions. we'll see you all talking about voting. we the people in the country have THIS RIGHT. so deal

:lol: walker is butthurt as fuck.

"Unelected judges"

Since when is scotus elected?

Whining babies keep whining....ill give you your pacifier soon but i wanna hear a lil more first

As a geezer of sorts myself, I've at least learned that older people are highly susceptible to having no clue whatsoever where the collective minds of the young are.

It's like the saying goes,

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

White House.jpg

60+% support for same sex marriage and Scott Walker is going to double down with the 40 percenters who would mostly be voting for him anyway.

Good luck with that.

snip:
JUSTICE SCALIA: THE SUPREME COURT THREATENS AMERICAN DEMOCRACY

courtgavel.jpg

Another blistering dissent from Justice Scalia, not against same-sex marriage per se, but against the damage the Supreme Court is doing to American democracy:

JUSTICE SCALIA, with whom JUSTICE THOMAS joins, dissenting.

I join THE CHIEF JUSTICE’s opinion in full. I write separately to call attention to this Court’s threat to American democracy.

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/justice-scalia-the-supreme-court-threatens-american-democracy/#ixzz3eBpOMaJP

all of it here
Read more: http://therightscoop.com/justice-scalia-the-supreme-court-threatens-american-democracy/#ixzz3eBp1kohM

"Unelected judges"

Whining babies keep whining....ill give you your pacifier soon but i wanna hear a lil more first

Seismometers are picking up small quakes from all their foot stomping. The whole amending the Constitution jazz is nothing more then political theater and pandering. At this point they just look like sore losers.

"Unelected judges"

Seismometers are picking up small quakes from all their foot stomping. The whole amending the Constitution jazz is nothing more then political theater and pandering. At this point they just look like sore losers.
Yea. Its quite fucking embarrassing

What do you think Walker should do to get their vote? Start sucking cock? Take it up the ass?

Is that how Russ gets his votes?

that's all the left cares about is votes. THIS is about the Supreme court stepping over THE STATES RIGHTS

The States don't have rights. States have powers. People have rights. And rights trump powers.

CONTACT your congresscritters and tell them to get behind this. this court has NO RIGHT to step over the STATES rights

SNIP:

Scott Walker has penned his response to the Supreme Court decision, calling it a grave mistake and calling for a constitutional amendment to reaffirm that the states have the ability to define marriage:

“I believe this Supreme Court decision is a grave mistake. Five unelected judges have taken it upon themselves to redefine the institution of marriage, an institution that the author of this decision acknowledges ‘has been with us for millennia.’ In 2006 I, like millions of Americans, voted to amend our state constitution to protect the institution of marriage from exactly this type of judicial activism. The states are the proper place for these decisions to be made, and as we have seen repeatedly over the last few days, we will need a conservative president who will appoint men and women to the Court who will faithfully interpret the Constitution and laws of our land without injecting their own political agendas. As a result of this decision, the only alternative left for the American people is to support an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to reaffirm the ability of the states to continue to define marriage.

all of it here:

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/scott-walker-responds-to-scotus-gay-marriage-decision-calls-for-new-constitutional-amendment/#ixzz3eBkdlehf

Yeah.....well Walker wanted to be ahead of the pack when it came to pandering to far right.

He knows there is no chance of passing such an amendment. Just pandering to what the right wants to hear.

When are social conservatives going to get it through their heads that the rest of America is moving on without them?

Has everyone contacted their congresscritter yet? If not, what are you waiting for? STATES rights!

Forum List

Back