Scott Walker Recall Campaign Losing Steam

Will be interesting to see how many get tossed out. I'll be checking online to make sure no one snuck my name onto a petition.

And then it will be interesting to see who the Dems run against Walker.

I'll be proudly voting for him again. Voting for him in 2010 was the most meaningful vote I ever cast.

If our state is foolish enough to vote him out, at least it will be awhile before politicians can undo what Walker accomplished.

But it's far from guaranteed that the Democrats can find someone who can beat him. Every month which passes gives more time to show that the Walker reforms have been good for municipal budgets.

I'm from North Eastern Illinois and I can tell you that the majority of signatures aren't even valid..

The petitioners were spilling over into Illinois collecting signatures... They were literally asking Illinois residents to sign their petition to recall Walker..

I saw them doing that in Zion, Illinois and I got pissed... I told them to go back to Wisconsin...

This makes me so mad. I wonder if the people checking signatures know to look for signs of that.

How is this losing steam? It's more like assholes dishonestly trying to sabotage democracy.

yep

it's a good thing the repubs nipped it in the bud via the court system.

Too bad they had to use the court system.

Would have been nice if Walker opposers would have simply admitted to the fake signatures, deleted them, and moved on.

The right didn't have to use the court system anymore than they had to run phony dems during the previous group of recalls.

They made a choice to draw out the process and make it take longer so they have more time to pass all the legislation that they want to pass before walker even has to face the recall vote.

Besides that there is already a process to vet the signatures but walker and this judge want the state Government Accountability Board to be "more aggressive" in vetting the signatures. It's pure politics on walkers part but it's no suprise that you would blame those trying to recall him. LOL

Losing steam? The train has reached the station. One million signatures. The recall is a reality.

Sometimes you nutters are really funny.

Most signatures won't be accepted as valid.

Like I said in a previous post they were in fucking Illinois collecting signatures..

In typical fashion democrats are fucking cheats and liars - and those signatures from Illinois and all the other false sigs will account for at minimum 30% of their petition.

I personally saw those motherfuckers asking Illinois residents to sign their petition and I saw a couple that did and they had no idea what the fuck was going on...

They said "do you support unions, if you do sign this."

They should be in fucking jail for spewing across the border...

Like I said in a previous post - I told them to get the fuck back to Wisconsin...

That shit pissed me off. The dishonesty and the circumvention of democracy.

Mr. Nick.....

Would you like to bet avatars for a week on that? I say they have enough signatures to get the recall...and it will happen.

How about it?

Will be interesting to see how many get tossed out. I'll be checking online to make sure no one snuck my name onto a petition.

And then it will be interesting to see who the Dems run against Walker.

I'll be proudly voting for him again. Voting for him in 2010 was the most meaningful vote I ever cast.

If our state is foolish enough to vote him out, at least it will be awhile before politicians can undo what Walker accomplished.

But it's far from guaranteed that the Democrats can find someone who can beat him. Every month which passes gives more time to show that the Walker reforms have been good for municipal budgets.

I'm from North Eastern Illinois and I can tell you that the majority of signatures aren't even valid..

The petitioners were spilling over into Illinois collecting signatures... They were literally asking Illinois residents to sign their petition to recall Walker..

I saw them doing that in Zion, Illinois and I got pissed... I told them to go back to Wisconsin...

This makes me so mad. I wonder if the people checking signatures know to look for signs of that.

Well there are a lot of Wisconsin residents that come through this general area considering the border is so close. But still they have no right going into Illinois and asking people to sign their petition...

I went to go get gas and some idiot progressive asked me "do you support unions" and I was like "why do you ask" and then she was like "we're recalling Scott Walker."

I totally lost it then...

I said a whole bunch of shit then told them to got the fuck back to Wisconsin...

If they're doing that they should not be allowed to go over the state line...

Besides, its not like they were targeting those with Wisconsin plates they were targeting anyone and everyone...

Losing steam? The train has reached the station. One million signatures. The recall is a reality.

Like I said in a previous post they were in fucking Illinois collecting signatures..

In typical fashion democrats are fucking cheats and liars - and those signatures from Illinois and all the other false sigs will account for at minimum 30% of their petition.

I personally saw those motherfuckers asking Illinois residents to sign their petition and I saw a couple that did and they had no idea what the fuck was going on...

Like I said in a previous post - I told them to get the fuck back to Wisconsin...

But HOW will this kind of thing be detected?

Mickey Mouse is easy to throw out. But what about made up people at made up addresses? Or people who give real addresses but don't happen to live at that address.

I hope that whoever was in Zion was too dumb to get convincing addresses but ????

Very frustrating.

Last edited:
Sure. Thats what it is all about. Beating back the union. The budget was fine!
Do you ever think for yourself?

Do you even remember the circumstances of the vote on this particular issue? Apparently you do not.

lol...I most certainly do.

I recall Walker campaigning to do what he ended up doing.

I recall that unions were mentioned ONCE only during one campaign stop and not a primary campaigning issue.

I remember Walker winning the election.

Yes and only when republicans win do "elections have consequences"

I remember Walker and his senate voting to eliminate collective bargaining rights for government employee unions as such has resulted in inflated pensions and other perks that are not consistant with what average non unoionized non government employees were getting.

WOW look at jarhead engage in class warfare. Those evil public sector workers have something private sector workers don't so we must take it away from them. LOL Let me guess, they don;t "deserve" becuase in your eyes they didn't "earn" it right?

I remmeber that such penisons and other perks were bleeding the budget.

They were a contributing factor that the union was willing to compromise on but walker said NO.

I rememebr democratci senate members bolting town in an effort to stall Walker from doing what he campaigned to do.

You really need to work on your memory based on what was said at the time he did not make busting the unions a primary point of his campaign. If you have evidence that proves your assertion that he did then please provide it.

I also rememeber people like you saying they applauded the senate for NOT DOING THEIR JOB and instead, running for a neighboring state.

It was their version of a filibuster and what is the point of giving the republicans a quorum if they are just going to violate state laws and ignore everything to have to say anyway?? BTW their JOB is to represent their constituency not to stand by and let walker do whatever he wanted to do. They did that the best way they could which allowed time for a discussion to be had.

Mr. Nick.....

Would you like to bet avatars for a week on that? I say they have enough signatures to get the recall...and it will happen.

How about it?

Ok you're on....

You just want my avatar :lol:..

That is me BTW - in the avatar...

wouldnt be surprised either way. But i dont think there is nearly as much desire for the recall as the progressives here like to pretend.

Do you even remember the circumstances of the vote on this particular issue? Apparently you do not.

I remember Walker and his senate voting to eliminate collective bargaining rights for government employee unions as such has resulted in inflated pensions and other perks that are not consistant with what average non unoionized non government employees were getting.
I rememebr democratci senate members bolting town in an effort to stall Walker from doing what he campaigned to do.

I also rememeber people like you saying they applauded the senate for NOT DOING THEIR JOB and instead, running for a neighboring state.

Do you remember how it was suddenly reintroduced as a standalone bill and voted on with no debate? It had nothing to do with the budget, he had concessions from the union equal to what he was on record as wanting to save in that area and went ahead anyway.

Exactly a budget would have required actual numbers in it and a quorum which they did not have. So they stripped all numbers from it and made it all about collective bargaining and passed it as a stand alone bill that had NOTHING to do with the budget.

But HOW will this kind of thing be detected?

Mickey Mouse is easy to throw out. But what about made up people at made up addresses? Or people at real addresses.

I hope that whoever was in Zion was too dumb to get convincing addresses but ????

Very frustrating.

I don't know....

I suppose one could scribble anything...

Zion is mostly a ghetto and the majority of their residents are on welfare and those folks will do anything they're told to do.

I have absolutely no idea how Wisconsin will validate those signatures of Wisconsin residents...

Do you remember how it was suddenly reintroduced as a standalone bill and voted on with no debate? It had nothing to do with the budget, he had concessions from the union equal to what he was on record as wanting to save in that area and went ahead anyway.

you mean once he was elected governor and was able to review the state financials, recieve advice from his economic team, review all options and decided on what needed to be done......which was a slight devciation freom his original intention...but that was becuase he was not afforded the knowledge of the true financial crisis they were facing....

He opted to not have a debate as it was only going to get ugly and go nowhere. And as you saw...the democrats had no interest themselves in anything but having it THEUIR way....as was seen when they ran from the law.

and look at how jarhead dances around the fact that the bill was not passed as a budget and had no numbers in it because it was all about stripping union rights. If it was a budget bill and had anything to do with number then they couldn;t have voted on it without a quorum.
It had NOTHING to do with the budget and the fact that they took the budget portions out of the bill and passed a stand alone version of the union stripping parts of the bill shows that it had nothing to do with the budget.

you mean once he was elected governor and was able to review the state financials, recieve advice from his economic team, review all options and decided on what needed to be done......which was a slight devciation freom his original intention...but that was becuase he was not afforded the knowledge of the true financial crisis they were facing....

He opted to not have a debate as it was only going to get ugly and go nowhere. And as you saw...the democrats had no interest themselves in anything but having it THEUIR way....as was seen when they ran from the law.

if it had been a Democratic governor, and the Republican ran away to avoid doing their jobs, you can bet everything you own the Dems on here would have pitched a fit.

if it had been a Democratic governor, and the Republican ran away to avoid doing their jobs, you can bet everything you own the repubs on here would have cheered them on.

WOW! that was fun. LOL

"Judge Rules For Walker Campaign In Case Against State Election Officials"
From the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal:
Judge rules for Walker campaign in case against state election officials - JSOnline
A judge ruled Thursday that the state Government Accountability Board needs to take more aggressive action to vet recall signatures that are expected to be submitted in two weeks against Gov. Scott Walker and other Republican office holders. The ruling by Waukesha County Circuit Judge J. Mac Davis came in a case filed Dec. 15 by Walker's campaign committee and Stephan Thompson, executive director of the state Republican Party, asking Davis to order the accountability board to seek out and eliminate duplicate and fictitious signatures and illegible addresses in recall petitions.
He also cited a media report that one man claimed he'd signed recall petitions 80 times, and submitted a petition from last summer's attempt to recall Sen. Jim Holperin (D-Conover), in which the accountability board allowed a "Bugs Bunny" signature to be counted. Kennedy said the signature was counted because Holperin didn't follow the proper procedures for challenging it.
Without the Dead, Illegal Alien and Cartoon Character signatures, it looks like the recall campaign is dead in the water!

Sorry Liberals! Instead of having Hissy Fits, it looks like you'll just have to work with a duly elected official like all the grown ups have to! :D

If Wisconsin wants to get rid of Walker,than so be it. The man has only tried to get their Budget under control and bring jobs back to Wisconsin. Unfortunately,he has been vilified by the usual suspects for doing that. If the People of Wisconsin want to replace him with the far Left/Union Thugs, than i guess they get what they deserve. Their Third World mess is all on them.

It's really funny how you vilify the "usual suspects" as you portray walker as a victim claiming he has been vilified. LOL

if it had been a Democratic governor, and the Republican ran away to avoid doing their jobs, you can bet everything you own the Dems on here would have pitched a fit.

if it had been a Democratic governor, and the Republican ran away to avoid doing their jobs, you can bet everything you own the repubs on here would have cheered them on.

WOW! that was fun. LOL

Those seats should have been considered vacated and elections should have been held to fill them.

Probably but then again, democrats would have never put anyone's rights up for a vote or give tax cuts to some and and then try to balance the budget on the backs of people who work for a living.

please

democrats in mass restricted collective bargaining for public unions and no one in the dem establishment said a word

more fail

Didn't a Dem governor up in Rhode Island sign a Voter ID law into effect too? Don't Dems say that takes away the voting rights of some minority, student, and elderly?

Actually that would depend on what it calls a valid voter ID and how difficult it is to get one. Do you have any specifics or is that all you ahve to offer? It's kind of hard to make a decision when you fail to provide anything of substance to support your argument.

Last edited:
yep

it's a good thing the repubs nipped it in the bud via the court system.

Too bad they had to use the court system.

Would have been nice if Walker opposers would have simply admitted to the fake signatures, deleted them, and moved on.

The right didn't have to use the court system anymore than they had to run phony dems during the previous group of recalls.

They made a choice to draw out the process and make it take longer so they have more time to pass all the legislation that they want to pass before walker even has to face the recall vote.

Besides that there is already a process to vet the signatures but walker and this judge want the state Government Accountability Board to be "more aggressive" in vetting the signatures. It's pure politics on walkers part but it's no suprise that you would blame those trying to recall him. LOL

duh

Forum List

Back