Scott Brown praises Palin; suggests Obama born out of wedlock

For the record, Dogbert, the USA doesn't recognize bigamy as legal which means his second marriage was not legal, ie, obama WAS born out of wedlock by your very words.

Except he was not born out of wedlock. The couple was married in the U.S. Why you seem to think it makes you feel better to deny that fact, I don't know.

Really interesting thorny problem on the definition of illegitimate. They made the kid before she was married... The marriage was bigamous, which is not legal in any state in the US, including Utah.

But as far as she knew, it was legit.

and of course, the guy lit out of town real soon after the baby was born, anyway.

When 0bama talks about his father, he is usually referring to his step dad. Who seems a pretty good dude.

So, no way was the marriage legit.

Now how much that matters in the real world of today, (Especially after Clinton) is about 1/15 of the weight of an ant's fart. Weird people care. But it doesn't mean much, because legally, he was a bastard, so it is true, even though his mom believed in it.

So why are we spending all of these electrons on a such a moot point.

It is too darn cold to go outside and watch the grass grow, I guess.

For the record, Dogbert, the USA doesn't recognize bigamy as legal which means his second marriage was not legal, ie, obama WAS born out of wedlock by your very words.

Except he was not born out of wedlock. The couple was married in the U.S. Why you seem to think it makes you feel better to deny that fact, I don't know.

The USA doesn't recognize bigamy, ie, the 2nd marriage was ILLEGAL. So, if we was born in the USA, he was born out of wedlock, however, if he was born in Kenya, because they have different laws, he would have been born IN wedlock as they recognize more than one marriage.

So the question remains, is he illegitimate? Or is he NOT a native born citizen? You can't have it both ways.

The USA doesn't recognize bigamy, ie, the 2nd marriage was ILLEGAL. So, if we was born in the USA, he was born out of wedlock, however, if he was born in Kenya, because they have different laws, he would have been born IN wedlock as they recognize more than one marriage.

So the question remains, is he illegitimate? Or is he NOT a native born citizen? You can't have it both ways.

Going to take a wild guess and say you think he was born in Kenya? :rolleyes:

And although the USA does not recognize bigamy, the two were legally married at the time of his birth.

Going to take a wild guess and say you think he was born in Kenya? :rolleyes:

And although the USA does not recognize bigamy, the two were legally married at the time of his birth.

I think we should get to see his long form birth-certificate and will reserve judgment until we do.

And no, they were not married legally as they were married in the USA and he had a previous wife in Kenya to whom he was STILL married. No state in the union recognizes bigamy as legal which means the marriage was invalid. He was illegitimate any way you look at it, unless you don't believe the laws should apply to him or his family.

I think we should get to see his long form birth-certificate and will reserve judgment until we do.

And no, they were not married legally as they were married in the USA and he had a previous wife in Kenya to whom he was STILL married. No state in the union recognizes bigamy as legal which means the marriage was invalid. He was illegitimate any way you look at it, unless you don't believe the laws should apply to him or his family.

I believe the laws should apply to everyone. However, you seem to be missing the point.

And I'll tell you what. You find the real birth certificate that says he's born in Kenya. Then get back to me with the long form stuff. Obama has already released a sufficient amount of evidence to proof that he was born here legally.

Here's the actual video clip where Scott Brown, in standing up to criticism of Sarah Palin as a working mother, mentions Obama's family as an example when the interviewer harps on "family values".

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAjCaxN-_s8[/ame]

I believe the laws should apply to everyone. However, you seem to be missing the point.

And I'll tell you what. You find the real birth certificate that says he's born in Kenya. Then get back to me with the long form stuff. Obama has already released a sufficient amount of evidence to proof that he was born here legally.

You're the one who made the big deal about someone calling him illegitimate when he IS illegitimate.

Hawaii has the long form on file, if Obama himself released it then it would solve all kinds of problems, what is his reason for keeping it secret?

What Obama released as his birth certificate doesn't even state what hospital he was born at or where his parents were from, when asked his sister mentioned two different hospitals. I was only born at one hospital, how about you?

Here's the actual video clip where Scott Brown, in standing up to criticism of Sarah Palin as a working mother, mentions Obama's family as an example when the interviewer harps on "family values".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAjCaxN-_s8

:eusa_eh:

I posted the actual video clip. I don't get the point of this post.

I didn't see a video in the OP, Robert. :confused:

Not sure what you think Scott Brown said here that makes you say he is an asshole???

The OP:

Brown, Coakley, And the Outrage Gap - Paul Krugman Blog - NYTimes.com

Wow. A video clip has surfaced from 2008 in which Scott Brown, the Republican candidate for Senate in Massachusetts, clearly suggested that President Obama may have been born out of wedlock.

I’m sure some will try to dismiss this as an isolated stray remark. But it’s clear if you watch the video that there’s a broader context: Brown is clearly aligning himself with the Limbaugh wing of the GOP, in which slurs along these lines are standard fare. And as Steve Benen points out, claims about Obama’s illegitimacy were an integral part of the birther craziness.

Thoughts?

My opinion: What an asshole.

For the record Scott:

At the age of 23, Obama had come to Hawaii to pursue his education, leaving behind a pregnant wife and infant son in his home town of Nyang’oma Kogelo in Kenya. Dunham and Obama were married on the Hawaiian island of Maui on February 2, 1961, despite parental opposition from both families.[5][15] Dunham was three months pregnant at the time of her marriage.[1][5] Obama Sr. eventually informed Dunham about his first marriage in Kenya but claimed he was divorced. Years later, she would discover this was false.[14] Obama Sr.'s first wife, Kezia, later said she had granted her consent for him to marry a second wife, in keeping with Luo customs.[16]
On August 4, 1961, at the age of 18, Dunham gave birth to her first child, Barack Obama II.[17]

Ann Dunham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

So the USA doesn't recognize a marriage in Kenya? The man was already married therefore by US law he could not legally marry Obamas mother. Yes this makes our dear President a Bastard.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
You're the one who made the big deal about someone calling him illegitimate when he IS illegitimate.

Hawaii has the long form on file, if Obama himself released it then it would solve all kinds of problems, what is his reason for keeping it secret?

What Obama released as his birth certificate doesn't even state what hospital he was born at or where his parents were from, when asked his sister mentioned two different hospitals. I was only born at one hospital, how about you?

Link to the sister mentioning two different hospitals? Make it a site that's not WND either.

Obama has good reason to not release the long form on file there birther. It makes the wingnuts on the right look simply foolish for harping on a non-issue that's already been settled. The birthers are a gift that keeps on giving for Obama. How many court cases have you guys lost? I mean they're like the Detroit Lions of the Justice system.

And I don't know where you get your information, but..

snopes.com: Barack Obama Birth Certificate

He was born at Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women & Children.

The obstetrician if I do remember reading correctly was Dr. Rodney T. West.

I didn't see a video in the OP, Robert. :confused:

Not sure what you think Scott Brown said here that makes you say he is an asshole???

Well obviously it was after the jump. Thought I had mentioned that.

And Scott Brown comments at the end of the video is what makes him an asshole.

Why are you harping on that factoid as if Scott Brown said anything offensive in that interview???

I don't get the point of this post.

Link to the sister mentioning two different hospitals? Make it a site that's not WND either.

Obama has good reason to not release the long form on file there birther. It makes the wingnuts on the right look simply foolish for harping on a non-issue that's already been settled. The birthers are a gift that keeps on giving for Obama. How many court cases have you guys lost? I mean they're like the Detroit Lions of the Justice system.

Did you look at your own site? No Kapi'olani Medical Center on the Certificate of Live Birth, no mention of the obstetrician and NO place of birth of the parents. What's normally on every birth certificate I've ever seen including my own.

And we will not know for sure for many years to come, by then a precedent will have been set. Our government is being run by a small elite group of people and you are one of the ones that's bought all the propaganda. Good luck when it all falls apart. I hope you will be willing to admit that you made a mistake when the truth comes out.

That's odd because Obama's grandmother and half sister have a different recollection. You know best, no doubt

Forum List

Back