Scott Brown Backs Obama Recess Appointment Of Consumer Finance Watchdog

Actually, President Clueless is about to burden us with one more expensive government agency that will make it harder to do business here in the US and will be one more reason companies go elsewhere. Then all of "you" will scratch your heads and wonder why businesses STILL aren't hiring people. Duh?

We have had 21 straight months of private sector job growth.

Why do you lie?

Unemployment Rate Drops To 8.6% But Job Growth Remains Weak
Long-term unemployment remains a big problem: The average duration for joblessness surged to a record-high 40.9 weeks. Stagnation in wages also continues, as more employed workers took on second jobs.
Additionally, the drop in the unemployment rate is largely attributable to the fact that some 310,000 people simply stopped looking for work and therefore are no longer counted as unemployment. The Labor Force participation rate fell from 64.2% to 64.0%, if that figure were at the same level it was at the time President Obama took office, the current unemployment rate would be 11%. So, while the press, the Administration, and many Americans are likely to focus on the topline unemployment number, there’s really nothing encouraging about this report beyond the fact that it’s always good when more people are working. Even Matthew Yglesias acknowledged that on Twitter this morning, when he noted that lowering unemployment by decreasing labor force participation is “not exactly winning the future.”

There you go, Conservative, nice post. I knew you could do it

This isnt the twilight zone.

Naw..this is..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrD14G0ddbk]The Twilight Zone - The Little People Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

A few more posts and you might stumble upon the topic.

Yes its a long shot. But Im feeling lucky.

Stumble upon what topic? Did you watch the vid? It illustrates exactly the difference between conservative and liberal thinking about "power". Fletcher illustrates the "collective" use of power for the common good aka Liberal doctrine. Craig illustrates the use of "power" for personal gain aka Conservative doctrine.

Still feel lucky?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMLGkj91Og]Dirty Harry - Do you feel lucky? - YouTube[/ame]

Exactly. I don't think the voters of MA are going to fall for it. His record speaks for itself. It wasn't that long ago that he said the opposite.

link?

Senators: Run consumer head by us - Meredith Shiner - POLITICO.com

Sens. Scott Brown of Massachusetts and Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins of Maine "strongly [urged]" the President not to bypass the Senate, but to "follow regular order" in naming the head of the Consumer Financial Protection Agency, according to the letter obtained by POLITICO.

"While we may have different views of the need for this new agency, as supporters of the legislation that included it, we firmly believe the United States Senate’s responsibilities in confirming the head of the CFPB are paramount," the senators wrote, citing they were "deeply disappointed" by previous recess appointments made by the president in recent weeks.

thanks for the link.

six months is a lifetime in a 24/7 world

From what I have seen of Scott Brown, he may actually mean what he says. But Elizabeth Warren is the better person for the job. Nice to see a race where both candidates are sane, however.

Scott Brown has been the best Republican friend a Democrat could have. I agree, both candidates are sane but I'm gunning for Warren too.

From what I have seen of Scott Brown, he may actually mean what he says. But Elizabeth Warren is the better person for the job. Nice to see a race where both candidates are sane, however.

Scott Brown has been the best Republican friend a Democrat could have. I agree, both candidates are sane but I'm gunning for Warren too.

But...but..he was the Tea Party Candidate!

:lol:

Stumble upon what topic? Did you watch the vid? It illustrates exactly the difference between conservative and liberal thinking about "power". Fletcher illustrates the "collective" use of power for the common good aka Liberal doctrine. Craig illustrates the use of "power" for personal gain aka Conservative doctrine.

you obviously don't understand Conservative doctrine.

It doesn't do any good to point out that obama has become a dictator. The left WANTS a dictator. They want more of the same. If obama confiscated the banks, went house to house looking for expensive assets to confiscate and started mass arrests of republicans, liberals would be cheering in the streets. Il Duche! Il Duche! Mussolini might have been a cruel and despotic dictator, but he made the trains run on time.

Which is interesting coming from a conservative. The last president lost the popular vote in his first election. But still became president!

Then it's the political process you disagree with! Yes, I can see that.

This has to do what with obaabaa's latest power grab? Or, the liberal demands that the government use it's power to confiscate money from one to give to itself, with a few pennies for another?

no, he wasn't.

he's done what he said he'd do when i voted for him.

i'll probably vote for him again

you obviously don't understand Conservative doctrine.

Sure I do.

So do the Kochs. And every single self-interested kabillionaire in the US.

no, he wasn't.

Oh he was before he wasn't.. :D

In the 2010 Senate race, although Brown was not endorsed by the Greater Boston Tea Party group,[45] the group organized a fund-raising breakfast for him in Boston.[46] The Tea Party Express also endorsed Brown[47] and bought ads on the national cable networks supporting Brown.[48]
Scott Brown - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That posted..he's been somewhat of a surprise for me. Like Ahnold and Ventura. Actually seems like a reasonable fellow.

no, he wasn't.

In the 2010 Senate race, although Brown was not endorsed by the Greater Boston Tea Party group,[45] the group organized a fund-raising breakfast for him in Boston.[46] The Tea Party Express also endorsed Brown[47] and bought ads on the national cable networks supporting Brown.[48]

That posted..he's been somewhat of a surprise for me. Like Ahnold and Ventura. Actually seems like a reasonable fellow.

You realize that quotation says he was not endorsed by the Tea Party, right?

Damn people are stupid.

no, he wasn't.

Damn people are stupid.

Eeeeyah. The breakfast and ads..not endorsements by gumption.

Damn people are stupid.

Eeeeyah. The breakfast and ads..not endorsements by gumption.
You realize the quote you provided specifically says Brown was not endorsed by the Tea Party. Right?

no, he wasn't.

Damn people are stupid.

Take you, for instance....

From his post:

The Tea Party Express also endorsed Brown and bought ads on the national cable networks supporting Brown.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZQ9TH5qqxY&feature=player_embedded]TV Ad: Tea Party Express Endorses Scott Brown in Special Election for Senate - YouTube[/ame]

no, he wasn't.

well, he certainly isn't as accomplished as ms warren, who i'm given to understand invented gravity, among other things, but considering the alternatives, people who actually believed that it was fat teddy's seat to bequeath, he's okay.

I don't think Brown said that "just because of Warren." I have a lot of admiration for him, actually. He's one of the few Republicans left with his feet on the ground. When reality conflicts with right-wing ideology, he chooses reality. That's not something you can say about most Republicans these days, alas.

(And, although the suggestion about pimping them out was too gross for words, his daughters are hot!) :)

I think, in fact, that Brown would probably be a shoe-in if he were being challenged by your normal corporate establishment Democrat. This year, liberal voters in Massachusetts can actually vote FOR someone, without feeling pressed into voting AGAINST someone. A Brown reelection would not be a nightmare.

But Senator Warren would be a dream.

Forum List

Back