Scott Brown Backs Obama Recess Appointment Of Consumer Finance Watchdog

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
With Elizabeth Warren looking good in her run against Scott in MA, no wonder he's changing his tune.

Scott Brown Backs Obama Recess Appointment Of Consumer Finance Watchdog Richard Cordray

Bucking his party's leadership, Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.) Wednesday expressed his support for President Obama's decision to name Richard Cordray head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in a recess appointment that evaded a Republican blockade of the nomination.

Senate Republicans had vowed to stop Cordray's appointment until Obama agreed to water down the authority of the new watchdog agency. To stop him from using the constitutional option of a recess appointment while the Senate was adjourned, they've been holding "pro forma" sessions where no business is done, but the chamber is technically working.

GOP leaders bitterly accused the president of arrogance and overreach. But Brown, facing a tough election challenge from the architect of the CFPB, Elizabeth Warren, decided that their actions were the bigger problem.

"I support President Obama's appointment today of Richard Cordray to head the CFPB," Brown said in a statement. "I believe he is the right person to lead the agency and help protect consumers from fraud and scams."

"While I would have strongly preferred that it go through the normal confirmation process, unfortunately the system is completely broken," Brown added. "If we're going to make progress as a nation, both parties in Washington need to work together to end the procedural gridlock and hyper-partisanship."

So it doesnt bother you at all that he made a recess appointment when there hasnt been a recess?!

He is that corrupt. and that doesnt bother you?

From what I have seen of Scott Brown, he may actually mean what he says. But Elizabeth Warren is the better person for the job. Nice to see a race where both candidates are sane, however.

• Banned
Brown is only trying to sound reasonable because of Elizabeth Warren. Go Elizabeth!!!!!

Exactly. I don't think the voters of MA are going to fall for it. His record speaks for itself. It wasn't that long ago that he said the opposite.

So it doesnt bother you at all that he made a recess appointment when there hasnt been a recess?!

Our President is not corrupt. What he is finally doing is making the GOP answer for the obstruction of all of the business of this nation. Good for him. And I wish that he would make a recess appointment of every judge that the GOP has blocked since the President took office.

Barry Hussein has a majority of votes in the senate including one rino so why would he need a recess appointment? Actually it seems that the senate is technically not in recess so Barry's appointment would be illegal but that don't matter to the left.

From what I have seen of Scott Brown, he may actually mean what he says. But Elizabeth Warren is the better person for the job. Nice to see a race where both candidates are sane, however.

Any sane congress would have confirmed him long ago.

Harry Reid started the pro-forma sessions of Congress ya dumb *****....

A... does a 'session' of Congress require both the House & Senate to be 'in session' at the same time?

B... if so, and Reid called the Senate to 'session', but the House was still not 'in session', wouldn't that make the appointment illegal?

C... if not, and only one side need be 'in session', then the appointment was legal.

We need to know the answer to A, before we can worry about B or C.

Our President is not corrupt. What he is finally doing is making the GOP answer for the obstruction of all of the business of this nation. Good for him. And I wish that he would make a recess appointment of every judge that the GOP has blocked since the President took office.

Actually, President Clueless is about to burden us with one more expensive government agency that will make it harder to do business here in the US and will be one more reason companies go elsewhere. Then all of "you" will scratch your heads and wonder why businesses STILL aren't hiring people. Duh?

No. The Congress is corrupt.

Except for Bernie Sanders.

Actually, President Clueless is about to burden us with one more expensive government agency that will make it harder to do business here in the US and will be one more reason companies go elsewhere. Then all of "you" will scratch your heads and wonder why businesses STILL aren't hiring people. Duh?

We have had 21 straight months of private sector job growth.

Why do you lie?

Forum List

Back