Scientology - A Quiet Birth And No Nurturing Of Young Children

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
Just bizarre.

------

Katie Holmes is set to give birth in silence.

As devout disciples of cult religion Scientology the beautiful actress and her husband-to-be, Tom Cruise, would have to maintain a vigil of total silence in the delivery suite. .

The bizarre ritual - which Scientologists believe should be carried out to prevent children from turning mad - is nothing new to Cruise who insisted the biological mothers of the adopted children he had with Nicole Kidman have their babies in silence, according to a 2001 report in America's New York Post newspaper.

Scientology founder, L.Ron Hubbard, tells his followers in his book Dianetics: "Maintain silence in the presence of birth to save both the sanity of the mother and child and safeguard the home to which they will go.

"The maintaining of silence does not mean a volley of 'Sh's', for those make stammerers".

Actor and leading Hollywood Scientologist John Travolta who also insisted his wife Kelly Preston gave birth in silence, explained after the birth of his second child Ella Bleu: "In Dianetics, you try and keep the delivery room quiet so there's nothing recorded in the child's mind that shouldn't be there while there's pain going on".

Tom and Katie are also set to be strict parents. Scientologists are encouraged not to comfort or nurture young children because Hubbard believed a child is simply a small adult who can look forward to look after themselves from a young age

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/celebrity/64952004.htm

GotZoom said:
Just bizarre.

------

As devout disciples of cult religion Scientology the beautiful actress and her husband-to-be, Tom Cruise, would have to maintain a vigil of total silence in the delivery suite. .

The bizarre ritual - which Scientologists believe should be carried out to prevent children from turning mad - is nothing new to Cruise who insisted the biological mothers of the adopted children he had with Nicole Kidman have their babies in silence, according to a 2001 report in America's New York Post newspaper.

Scientology founder, L.Ron Hubbard, tells his followers in his book Dianetics: "Maintain silence in the presence of birth to save both the sanity of the mother and child and safeguard the home to which they will go.

"The maintaining of silence does not mean a volley of 'Sh's', for those make stammerers".

Actor and leading Hollywood Scientologist John Travolta who also insisted his wife Kelly Preston gave birth in silence, explained after the birth of his second child Ella Bleu: "In Dianetics, you try and keep the delivery room quiet so there's nothing recorded in the child's mind that shouldn't be there while there's pain going on".

Tom and Katie are also set to be strict parents. Scientologists are encouraged not to comfort or nurture young children because Hubbard believed a child is simply a small adult who can look forward to look after themselves from a young age

Scientology: A religious pyramid scheme.

GotZoom said:
Just bizarre.

------

Being a parent and Grandparent...well I can attest that I never saw a 'silent birth' Tom Cruise must have dopped the poor girl...although he says he is against this procedure...Tom( BS )Cruise can kiss this old farts butt! :2guns:

He's at the level where they are expected to give up all medications. Hence his, of late, idiotic behavior that is alienating him from many of his fans. He has stopped taking drugs for bipolar disorder. Did anybody see the interview on Harpo's show? He was perched on the edge of the couch like a vulture.

XENU!!!! You Bastard!

no1tovote4 said:
He's at the level where they are expected to give up all medications. Hence his, of late, idiotic behavior that is alienating him from many of his fans. He has stopped taking drugs for bipolar disorder. Did anybody see the interview on Harpo's show? He was perched on the edge of the couch like a vulture.

XENU!!!! You Bastard!

No no no silly, it's not bipolar... he's just shedding the alien souls! He's becoming enlightened!

No no no silly, it's not bipolar... he's just shedding the alien souls! He's becoming enlightened!

Well I think that's just great. I mean who can't love a guy that sheds alien souls? Buddha was enlightened. Did he shed aliens too?

no1tovote4 said:

XENU!!!! You Bastard!

Tom Cruise really lost it...then again he never had it...thats what actors do...'Fantasy' and take the persona of the real...but lack real time experience to relate!

Hagbard Celine said:
Well I think that's just great. I mean who can't love a guy that sheds alien souls? Buddha was enlightened. Did he shed aliens too?

He may have remembered a past life as an alien, but as far as I know shedding aliens was right out....

Hagbard Celine said:
No no see Buddha had TONS of alien souls. That's why he believed in Buddhism. Bush has tons of alien souls. The Pope... wow so many alien souls. I mean, I'm covered in alien souls.

They feel good though...

I didn't have a natural birth with my first baby, but the contractions alone were horrid. Not to mention I had back labor that would cripple an elephant. Then after my c-section, it felt like someone was holding a lighter to the spot of my incision every time i moved more than a few inches.

How about this. We take Tom, and those muscle stimulators they use in physical therapy. Plaster them all over his abdomen, back, and groin. Turn it up to about 75% and blast him, say, oh, every 5-6 minutes. Then turn it up to 100% and do the same, every 2-3 minutes or less. Then lets see how silent he is.

What if she needs a c-section, which is entirely possible? If this needs to be anesthetic-free, then he's a certifiable nutcase. If she is allowed anesthetic, but no pain reliever, then he gets a similar treatment, though instead of the muscle stimulators, just hold a match (or some high heat source) to his abdomen, and see how he fares.

As far as the comforting thing, how is a young child to understand what you are doing? I could never not comfort my son as he is sick with an ear infection, and only wants to be held & comforted by mom, while watching his favorite movie, Finding Nemo. I could never not give a kiss on the bump he gets from playing a bit to rowdy, or the scraped knee from trying to run faster than his feet can go. How can I not try to make the boy who brings a smile to my face every day, smile when he is not feeling happy/well? How could I not tell him I love him, so many times in a day, more than can be counted on fingers and toes? How can anyone be so heartless? I almost want to say it is some form child abuse. This whole thing kind of reminds me of the mom in the original "Carrie".

This Scientology Cult is worse than the Jehovah's Witnesses cult. I am glad Nicole got out when she did. She probably tried to put up with it, tolerate it, but said after so many years, that enough was enough.

fuzzykitten99 said:
I didn't have a natural birth with my first baby, but the contractions alone were horrid. Not to mention I had back labor that would cripple an elephant. Then after my c-section, it felt like someone was holding a lighter to the spot of my incision every time i moved more than a few inches.

How about this. We take Tom, and those muscle stimulators they use in physical therapy. Plaster them all over his abdomen, back, and groin. Turn it up to about 75% and blast him, say, oh, every 5-6 minutes. Then turn it up to 100% and do the same, every 2-3 minutes or less. Then lets see how silent he is.

What if she needs a c-section, which is entirely possible? If this needs to be anesthetic-free, then he's a certifiable nutcase. If she is allowed anesthetic, but no pain reliever, then he gets a similar treatment, though instead of the muscle stimulators, just hold a match (or some high heat source) to his abdomen, and see how he fares.

As far as the comforting thing, how is a young child to understand what you are doing? I could never not comfort my son as he is sick with an ear infection, and only wants to be held & comforted by mom, while watching his favorite movie, Finding Nemo. I could never not give a kiss on the bump he gets from playing a bit to rowdy, or the scraped knee from trying to run faster than his feet can go. How can I not try to make the boy who brings a smile to my face every day, smile when he is not feeling happy/well? How could I not tell him I love him, so many times in a day, more than can be counted on fingers and toes? How can anyone be so heartless? I almost want to say it is some form child abuse. This whole thing kind of reminds me of the mom in the original "Carrie".

This Scientology Cult is worse than the Jehovah's Witnesses cult. I am glad Nicole got out when she did. She probably tried to put up with it, tolerate it, but said after so many years, that enough was enough.

I dated a Jehova's Witness once... tis a strange faith.

no1tovote4 said:
LOL. Just don't go and hunt me down now. One silly pun does not a pundit make.

I actually read it as head and solder first... and I'm like "what does welding have to do with anything?"

Forum List

Back