"Science Without Religion Is Lame"

What is the joke?

Consider carefully before you post.
Try reading the link...

So...you are unable to support your post?

Accepted.
I put my post in concrete to support, and your post, though well set are still decayed and weak...

1. Actually, the full quotation is "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
A very smart man said that.

.... without the morality prescribed by religion, despised under communism and its spin-offs, whoever is in charge of the government makes up their 'morality.'

2. "Is there a moral difference between the Nazi doctor (the white coat, the black boots, the pellets of Zyklon B) and the blood-bespattered interrogator in the penalty camp of Orotukan...

Are you claiming that the Nazis were better because they were religious? I mean everyone who has even a rudimentary knowledge of 20th Century history knows that they were:

Godwin's Law Review

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

8. What, then, is the defining characteristic that makes religion so essential to a culture that claims, and aims, to be guided by science and reason?

This:

Science can tell us what we can do....but not what we should do. But even those who have used science have seen the advantage of applying the guidelines, restrictions, certain "qualities".... e.g., banning mustard gas, or restricting nuclear weapons.

9. There are certain individuals who have either learned, or been born with a way of disconnecting their curiosity from any sense of responsibility or accountability.

The 'scientists' that the failed ideologue, Barack Hussein Obama, has chosen to lead this nation are of this dangerous sort.

a. Dr. Zeke Emanuel, key architect of ObamaCare, demands a reassessing of the promise doctors make when they enter the profession, the Hippocratic Oath.

Amazingly, Dr. Emanuel criticizes the Hippocratic Oath as partly to blame for the "overuse" of medical care: "Medical school education and post graduate education emphasize thoroughness," he wrote. Physicians take the "Hippocratic Oath's admonition to 'use my power to help the sick to the best of my ability and judgment' as an imperative to do everything for the patient regardless of the cost or effects on others." (Journal of the American Medical Association, June 18, 2008.) Of course that is what patients hope their doctors will do.

But Dr. Emanuel wants doctors to look beyond the needs of their own patient and consider 'social justice.'

b. Far worse, President Obama appointed Professor Peter Singer as his heathcare advisor.
Peter Singer Joins Obama's Health Care Administrators : I Am Not a Fan of Peter Singer Story & Experience

" In the essay, titled “Heavy Petting,” Singer concluded that “sex across the species barrier,” while not normal, “ceases to be an offence [sic] to our status and dignity as human beings.” “Occasionally mutually satisfying activities may develop” when humans have sex with their pets, he claimed.

In addition to supporting bestiality and immediately granting equal legal rights to animals, Singer has also advocated euthanizing the mentally ill and aborting disabled infants on utilitarian grounds.

In his 1993 essay “Taking Life,” Singer, in a section called “Justifying Infanticide and Non-Voluntary Euthanasia,” wrote that “killing a disabled infant is not morally equivalent to killing a person.”

Yet, somehow.....Liberals/Democrats have been trained to overlook these iniquities.
(Better look that word up, Liberals...)

Several 'advanced' nations have legislated 'right' for some scientists, i.e., doctors, to 'help' those who decide to end their lives.

Euthanasia.

Let's see what actually happens when the state....the Leftist state, the 'Liberal' government, finds a way to destroy human lives.....

5. “The Dutch survey, reviewed in the Journal of Medical Ethics, looked at the figures for 1995 and found that as well as 3,600 authorized cases there were 900 others in which doctors had acted without explicit consent…. they thought they were acting in the patient's best interests.” Involuntary Euthanasia is Out of Control in Holland

a. "Euthanasia, as Dr. Peggy Norris observed with some asperity, "cannot be controlled." If this is so, why is Harris so sure that stem-cell research can be controlled? And if it cannot be controlled, just what is irrational about religious objections to social policies that when they reach the bottom of the slippery slope are bound to embody something Dutch, degraded, and disgusting? How many scientific atheists, I wonder, propose to spend their old age in Holland?"
Berlinski, "The Devil's Delusion"

Euthenasia....just one more episode akin to the Eugenics programs of earlier Progressives, the programs they taught to Hitler's Nazis.

There is no morality in science.

Only rationalizations.

Find better, unbiased sources:

MMS: Error

The sanctity of life, Better make sure that you clarify that usage and tell the folks you Christians mean the ,"sanctity of human life". because we know that the phrase does not mean animals are included...Yet we have seen the church align itself with the worst of enlightened despots, and do not tell it's congregation that war is not part of being a Christian, because the church expected the peasants to die for the glory of the nation..Monarchs were just as bad as communist...
The Cross and the Sword and well known alliance...

The sanctity of life, Better make sure that you clarify that usage and tell the folks you Christians mean the ,"sanctity of human life". because we know that the phrase does not mean animals are included...Yet we have seen the church align itself with the worst of enlightened despots, and do not tell it's congregation that war is not part of being a Christian, because the church expected the peasants to die for the glory of the nation..Monarchs were just as bad as communist...
The Cross and the Sword and well known alliance...

Brings to mind a scholarly work that I know you haven't read...

"The Sword and the Shield: The Mitrokhin Archive and the Secret History of the KGB,"
by Christopher Andrew and Vasili Mitrokhin (Author)

"The Sword and the Shield is based on one of the most extraordinary intelligence coups of recent times: a secret archive of top-level KGB documents smuggled out of the Soviet Union which the FBI has described, after close examination, as the "most complete and extensive intelligence ever received from any source." ....reveals for the first time the full extent of its worldwide network.

....the entire period from the Bolshevik Revolution to the 1980s and includes revelations concerning almost every country in the world. But the KGB's main target, of course, was the United States."
http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Shield-...ywords=The+sword+and+the+shield&tag=ff0d01-20

Of course, one of the most prominent programs of the communists was to turn out folks like you; religion hating atheists.

You must be their poster child.

1. Actually, the full quotation is "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

.... without the morality prescribed by religion,
2e29e0accd05a3f40e37dbc93529d105.jpg
03cb8d6a7c3e0ee2dd59e600e893af4d.jpg

"The Sword and the Shield is based on one of the most extraordinary intelligence coups of recent times: a secret archive of top-level KGB documents smuggled out of the Soviet Union which the FBI has described, after close examination, as the "most complete and extensive intelligence ever received from any source." ...
Cold War Scare: US Propaganda Budget Reaches All-Time High
d_doc08a.gif
..."secret" KGB archives smuggled by the FBI..chuckles LOL

"we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud"..Condi Rice spreading panic about Saddam Hussein

.... without the morality prescribed by religion,
2e29e0accd05a3f40e37dbc93529d105.jpg
03cb8d6a7c3e0ee2dd59e600e893af4d.jpg

Thanks so much for the historic and ionic pictures of earlier Democrats.

I can't figure out why you felt that necessary.....
  1. Liberal historian Eric Foner writes that the Klan was “…a military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party…” Foner, “Reconstruction: America’s Unfinished Revolution, 1863-1877,” p. 425

"The Sword and the Shield is based on one of the most extraordinary intelligence coups of recent times: a secret archive of top-level KGB documents smuggled out of the Soviet Union which the FBI has described, after close examination, as the "most complete and extensive intelligence ever received from any source." ...
Cold War Scare: US Propaganda Budget Reaches All-Time High
d_doc08a.gif
..."secret" KGB archives smuggled by the FBI..chuckles LOL

"we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud"..Condi Rice spreading panic about Saddam Hussein

You aren't really revealing the depth and breadth of your ignorance....are you????

"This book is based on unprecedented and unrestricted access to one of the world's most secret and closely guarded archives—that of the foreign intelligence arm of the KGB, the First Chief Directorate (FCD). Hitherto the present Russian foreign intelligence service, the SVR (Sluzhba Vneshnei Razvedki), has been supremely confident that a book such as this could not be written. When the German magazine Focus reported in December 1996 that a former KGB officer had defected to Britain with "the names of hundreds of Russian spies," Tatyana Samolis, spokeswoman for the SVR, instantly ridiculed the whole story as "absolute nonsense." "Hundreds of people! That just doesn't happen!" she declared. "Any defector could get the name of one, two, perhaps three agents—but not hundreds!"

The facts, however, are far more sensational even than the story dismissed as impossible by the SVR.

The contents of the cases have since been described by the American FBI as "the most complete and extensive intelligence ever received from any source.""
The Sword and the Shield

Gads, you're a moron!!!!

I do not hate Religion. Religion is a phenomenon that appears in human societies across geography , culture , time or eras. This indicates a response to something that has reality. I cannot describe or conceptualize what that is cognitively. I believe in the theory of evolution. The ubiquitous presence of religious thinking as previously describe across the whole of human collectives it stands to reason that religion has some survival value.

Human beings experience something that can be labeled "existential anxiety". We are challenged by the dynamics of existential terror and wonder to find a balance between the two forces "Terror/Wonder"... I believe that Religion for the ordinary person serves as a "balancing rod" use by tight rope walkers.
200_s.gif
It helps folks to keep their equilibrium through the buffetings of life .. through the awareness of our insignificance, the fickle nature of fate ...all these human stressors..
We as humans are stalked by our "personal death"...each and everyone of us has a personal death always by our side ...from the moment of our birth ...Religion helps you feel better about that ..in short provides explanations and assurances the ordinary person need to maintain their conventionality...

Religion is helpful to "Rulers"...They often align with God ..such as the Emperor God ...we say the power of Government comes from our consent and we have received our powers as individuals from God 'endowed by the Creator" etc Religion thus is also used to control the masses on behalf of civil and religious authorities ..

So I mean I do not hate Religion one little bit ... Its for the ordinary folks who need reassurance... I get mine from the Source document as it were ..the OSOTU or "Operating System of the Universe" .. I am after all "simulacrum of that entity".....AKA Tetragramaton...The Four Sounds of G*d..

Last edited:
I do not hate Religion. Religion is a phenomenon that appears in human societies across geography , culture , time or eras. This indicates a response to something that has reality. I cannot describe or conceptualize what that is cognitively. I believe in the theory of evolution. The ubiquitous presence of religious thinking as previously describe across the whole of human collectives it stands to reason that religion has some survival value.

Human beings experience something that can be labeled "existential anxiety". We are challenged by the dynamics of existential terror and wonder to find a balance between the two forces "Terror/Wonder"... I believe that Religion for the ordinary person serves as a "balancing rod" use by tight rope walkers.
200_s.gif
It helps folks to keep their equilibrium through the buffetings of life .. through the awareness of our insignificance, the fickle nature of fate ...all these human stressors..
We as humans are stalked by our "personal death"...each and everyone of us has a personal death always by our side ...from the moment of our birth ...Religion helps you feel better about that ..in short provides explanations and assurances the ordinary person need to maintain their conventionality...

Religion is helpful to "Rulers"...They often align with God ..such as the Emperor God ...we say the power of Government comes from our consent and we have received our powers as individuals from God 'endowed by the Creator" etc Religion thus is also used to control the masses on behalf of civil and religious authorities ..

So I mean I do not hate Religion one little bit ... Its for the ordinary folks who need reassurance... I get mine from the Source document as it were ..the OSOTU or "Operating System of the Universe" .. I am after all "simulacrum of that entity".....AKA Tetragramaton...The Four Sounds of G*d..

Good to see you trying to tip-toe away from any suggestion that Mitrokin's tome was anything by earth shattering.

But, yes....you are clearly not 'ordinary folks'.....
...which probably explains why you got those roles in the John Waters films.

There are certain individuals, 'scientists,' who have either learned, or been born with a way of disconnecting their curiosity from any sense of responsibility.
They shamelessly handle the truth in a cavalier fashion......

Like this:

10. 'Global Warming' exposes other sciensts as individuals who put truth as a somewhat lower level than career and fame.

1. In academia, truth has fallen in priority to ideology, also known as the ‘greater truth’ of pre-formed conclusions. A case in point is climate change. Normal science discovers facts, and then constructs a theory from those facts. ‘Post-modern science’ starts with a theory that is politically sensitive, and then makes up facts to influence opinion in its favor.
  2. Mike Hulme is Professor of Climate Change in the School of Environmental Sciences at the University of East Anglia (UEA), [http://mikehulme.org/] and was good enough to reveal the truth in the Guardian, 2007: “…this particular mode of scientific activity… has been labelled "post-normal" science. Climate change seems to fall in this category. Disputes in post-normal science focus as often on the process of science - who gets funded, who evaluates quality, who has the ear of policy - as on the facts of science…. Self-evidently dangerous climate change will not emerge from a normal scientific process of truth seeking,… scientists - and politicians - must trade (normal) truth for influence. If scientists want to remain listened to, to bear influence on policy, they must recognise the social limits of their truth seeking and reveal fully the values and beliefs they bring to their scientific activity…. Climate change is too important to be left to scientists - least of all the normal ones.” The appliance of science.
So global warming theory did not seek to establish the truth through evidence. Instead, truth had to be traded for influence: scientists presented beliefs as a basis for policy. The shame: science has been junked in the interest of promoting ideological conviction.

1. The leading proponents of ‘post-normal science,’ PNS, Funtowicz and Ravetz, have written that, in issue-driven science, ‘facts’ and ‘values’ are unified by replacing ‘truth’ by ‘quality.’ http://www.ecoeco.org/pdf/pstnormsc.pdf
¬Thus, we have a doctrine of mandated intellectual mendacity.
(Better look that word up, Liberals)

Forum List

Back