Schumers next target...Cruise Lines

Jarhead is being purposefully dense on this subject. He has no answer to bad service other than for the customer to go fuck themselves and the company keeps everything

Wrong. Irresponsible attack on my motives. Childsih. Take youir simple "definitions" of my words and use them on someone else.

The free market corrects it all. If, in fact, Carnival does the worng thing as it pertains to resitution, they will lose a large share of the marketplace due to the negative publicity.

It is that basic and that simple.

When all cruise lines maintain the same policy for passenger rights, passengers have no choice but to accept it.

I just booked a cruise for the end of April. In four pages of fine print limiting cruise line responsibilities it includes:

Limitations on Liability:

a) Carrier shall not be liable for injury, death, illness, damage, delay or other loss to person or property or any other claim by any passenger caused by an act of god, war, terrorism, civil commotion, labor trouble, government interference, perils of the sea, fire, thefts, or any other cause beyond the carriers reasonable control or any act not shown to be caused by the carriers negligence

b) Passenger agrees to solely assume the risk of injury, death,illness or other loss and carrier is not responsible for the negligence or wrongdoing of any independent contractor including but not limited to photographers, spa personnel or entertainers

c) Carrier hereby disclaims all liability to the passenger for damages for emotional distress, mental suffering, or psychological injury of any kind under any circumstances when such damages were neither the result of a physical injury nor the result of the passenger having been at risk of physical injury nor were inflicted by the carrier. In no event will the carrier be liable to passengers for any consequential, incidental exemplary or punative damages

So now he wants the department of State to get involved in enforcing US regulations on international cruise lines....caliming that if they want US passengers, they must adhere to US regulations....He wants to enact a "passenger bill of rights"...

Uh.....are those passengers forced to go on cruises? Are they not aware that something may happen?

Acts of God are one thing, but faulty service is another. No one's forced to buy a car either, but we enforce safety regulations. Being able to sue after the fact, just isn't good enough. You can never get the wasted time back and, if the worst happens, nothing can ever compensate for that.

I think Jar believes that Acts of God and Corporate actions are one in the same

If you think that, then you are as immature as your debating style demonstrates.

FYI......I am not referring to corporate actions. I am referring to consumer practices.

If you had bad service at a restaurant and you told the owner and he said "sorry to hear, but our staff is the best" and he did not refund your money...would you go back?

If he said "our staff is the best and I wont change a thing", but he gave you your money back....would you go back?

If he said "Im sorry to hear that. Thank you for the feedback< I will discuss it with my staff and make the necessary adjustments and he gave you your money back....would you go back?

Why do I ask these questions? Becuase they are 3 likely responses by the owner.

You see.....free market correction is not about the business owners...it is how the consumer reacts to the decisions of the business owners.

Jarhead is being purposefully dense on this subject. He has no answer to bad service other than for the customer to go fuck themselves and the company keeps everything

Wrong. Irresponsible attack on my motives. Childsih. Take youir simple "definitions" of my words and use them on someone else.

The free market corrects it all. If, in fact, Carnival does the worng thing as it pertains to resitution, they will lose a large share of the marketplace due to the negative publicity.

And what about the Customers dumbass? They paid for a service they didnt get...What is your solution to that?

they have a right to sue the business owner.

I know.....now you will go off on how it is a system that is rigged...blah blah blah...

You are a child,. I have no interest in debating with you anymore.

Schumer practically wore a cheerleader outfit for the repeal of Glass-Steagall.

01125114-par-89380-imagefile.jpg

Glass-Steagal Act

Congress Passes Wide Ranging Bill Easing Bank Laws

Schumer's Shuffle - A Sleeper Cell For Wall Stree

Why this guy is even a senator is beyond me...

...his airline fiasco should have been his political swan song.

Do you know how difficult it is to sue a foreign business? How much it costs?

This is what those companies rely on. It's so difficult and so expensive that its better to just eat the loss than to attempt to sue for your money back.

That is a fair argument. Finally...someone who wants to debate!

Perhpas that is what should be addressed. "You want to do business in the United States, you are beholden to the US legal procedures"

And what about the Customers dumbass? They paid for a service they didnt get...What is your solution to that?

I know.....now you will go off on how it is a system that is rigged...blah blah blah...

Wow they have the right to take a multi-million dollar company to court...Can they hire a lawyer too? Take off of work? Fight in court for months? Really? You promise?

That sounds swell...How could that burden anyone? You're right a court battle is the way to go forget prevention. Now I understand

Wow they have the right to take a multi-million dollar company to court...Can they hire a lawyer too? Take off of work? Fight in court for months? Really? You promise?

That sounds swell...How could that burden anyone? You're right a court battle is the way to go forget prevention. Now I understand

First I said this....."now you will go off on how it is a system that is rigged...blah blah blah"

and then you said this......"Wow they have the right to take a multi-million dollar company to court...Can they hire a lawyer too?"

lol....why do you live here if you hate it so much?

How many lawsuits stemmed from Carnival Triumph?

Fact of the matter is, had you ever been on a cruise, you would know that certain things like mechanical failure are addressed when you purchase a ticket and you assume the risk.

Two words... Contingency fee. :eusa_whistle:

Two more words... Class action. :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

So now he wants the department of State to get involved in enforcing US regulations on international cruise lines....caliming that if they want US passengers, they must adhere to US regulations....He wants to enact a "passenger bill of rights"...

Uh.....are those passengers forced to go on cruises? Are they not aware that something may happen?

What is next? Forcing all resorts to offer full refunds to guests if there is rain?

Schumer: Cruise lines are 'wild west' of the travel industry; seeks 'Bill of Rights' | SILive.com

A manufacturer should never, ever be held responsible for selling a defective product, and a provider of service should never, ever be held responsible for providing a defective service.

Only in a communist nation is this done.

:cuckoo:

Three words.

Read the contract.

Fact of the matter is, had you ever been on a cruise, you would know that certain things like mechanical failure are addressed when you purchase a ticket and you assume the risk.

True....but then when it happens it is UNFAIR....

The issue is this.....there are going to be some losers prior to the free market making the correction.....there are the courts to sort it out.

But regulations? They wind up costing the corporations money and they rightfully pass that on to the consumer....

So all in all....we all lose with regulations....all in an effort to ensure that we never have to worry about making a bad decision.

Me? I prefer making bad decisions and learning from them.

Heck...Bought a 52 inch Bravia. After 14 months it died. Sony said "tough luck" in their nice little way. The store I bought it from? Pretty much said "nothing we can do about it"

So me?

Never bought a Sony again and never bought from that store again.

No law suits. No whining. No regulation needs. I lost, I learned and I moved on.

What is next? Forcing all resorts to offer full refunds to guests if there is rain?

Schumer: Cruise lines are 'wild west' of the travel industry; seeks 'Bill of Rights' | SILive.com

A manufacturer should never, ever be held responsible for selling a defective product, and a provider of service should never, ever be held responsible for providing a defective service.

That is not what I said...and sadly, you kow I didnt. You just couldnt debate the topic like an adult so you resorted to...well......the shit you posted.

Did you also oppose the same regulations on the airlines?

Of course they did.

They were the same sort of folks that opposed new regulations on the garment industry after the Great Triangle Shirtwaist Fire. They were the same sort of folks yelling "let him die" when Ron Paul was asked about a person refusing to buy health care insurance.

Three words.

Read the contract.

And for those that say "the contract is too long and too small to read"....four words...

"then dont sign it"

True....but then when it happens it is UNFAIR....

The issue is this.....there are going to be some losers prior to the free market making the correction.....there are the courts to sort it out.

But regulations? They wind up costing the corporations money and they rightfully pass that on to the consumer....

So all in all....we all lose with regulations....all in an effort to ensure that we never have to worry about making a bad decision.

Me? I prefer making bad decisions and learning from them.

Heck...Bought a 52 inch Bravia. After 14 months it died. Sony said "tough luck" in their nice little way. The store I bought it from? Pretty much said "nothing we can do about it"

So me?

Never bought a Sony again and never bought from that store again.

No law suits. No whining. No regulation needs. I lost, I learned and I moved on.

If anyone would just read the contract that comes with the ticket you will see what they take liability for and what they don't. Then you choose whether to accept the risk or not.

Did you also oppose the same regulations on the airlines?

Of course they did.

They were the same sort of folks that opposed new regulations on the garment industry after the Great Triangle Shirtwaist Fire. They were the same sort of folks yelling "let him die" when Ron Paul was asked about a person refusing to buy health care insurance.

Grow up Sallow.

Yep.

Commies don't stand by their brand.

Forum List

Back