"Schooling" Condoleezza Rice

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
Rice may have admitted to conspiracy, former Nixon counsel says

riceflags.jpg

In little-noticed comments Thursday, the former White House counsel for President Richard Nixon John Dean said Thursday that former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice may have unwittingly admitted to a criminal conspiracy when questioned about torture by a group of student videographers at Stanford.

Rice told students at Stanford that she didn’t authorize torture, she merely forwarded the authorization for it. Dean, who became a poster child for whistleblowing after aiding the prosecution of the Watergate affair, told MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann that Rice may have admitted to a criminal conspiracy.

http://rawstory.com/08/blog/2009/05/01/john-dean-rice-may-have-admitted-to-conspiracy/

Ya cause doing one4s job is always a crime. You realize the Democrats are now not going to press anything in regards Torture because to do so they open themselves to the same charges, since the LEADERSHIP of the Democratic party were all briefed and ALL agreed to the policy.

Ya cause doing one4s job is always a crime. You realize the Democrats are now not going to press anything in regards Torture because to do so they open themselves to the same charges, since the LEADERSHIP of the Democratic party were all briefed and ALL agreed to the policy.

I have suspected that for some time.

Do you know that for sure, or are you merely making an informed guess?

The next time RGS makes an informed guess will be the first time.

Anyone that authorized torture should be prosecuted. It is wrong to punish only the Lindsay Englands of the world.

Informed guess, since I am not a member of the leadership of the Democrats in Congress.

Pelosi got her ass handed to her when this came up and the rest that were involved will also if they push it.

Not only did they KNOW, they voted to ALLOW it. They made no attempts AT ALL to complain about it or stop OR even make it public Knowledge.

Once again NO LAW was broken to begin with. It was not until THIS year that a decision was made to make Water Boarding illegal. The Democrats were ask in 2006, when they controlled Congress to clarify the rules. They did NOTHING for 2 years. That too will bite them in the ass if they push this.

As for Ravi, don't get to close or you may pass out from the Methane leak from her head.

Only this year that waterboarding was considered illegal? That's odd, since we hung some Japanese soldiers for doing it to our boys.

Only this year that waterboarding was considered illegal? That's odd, since we hung some Japanese soldiers for doing it to our boys.

Wrong as usual. But you keep trying, ok Sparky?

Not OK. Your denial is part of the whole scene of torture that was approved of in the name of my nation. It was and is illegal and immoral. Your support of it is the same. And we did execute Japanese for the crime of waterboarding;

Paul Begala: Yes, National Review, We Did Execute Japanese for Waterboarding
Sen. McCain was right and the National Review Online is wrong. Politifact, the St. Petersburg Times' truth-testing project (which this week was awarded a Pulitzer Prize), scrutinized Sen. McCain's statement and found it to be true. Here's the money quote from Politifact:

"McCain is referencing the Tokyo Trials, officially known as the International Military Tribunal for the Far East. After World War II, an international coalition convened to prosecute Japanese soldiers charged with torture. At the top of the list of techniques was water-based interrogation, known variously then as 'water cure,' 'water torture' and 'waterboarding,' according to the charging documents. It simulates drowning." Politifact went on to report, "A number of the Japanese soldiers convicted by American judges were hanged, while others received lengthy prison sentences or time in labor camps."

The folks at Politifact interviewed R. John Pritchard, the author of The Tokyo War Crimes Trial: The Complete Transcripts of the Proceedings of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East. They also interviewed Yuma Totani, history professor at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas, and consulted the Columbia Journal of Transnational Law, which published a law review article entitled, "Drop by Drop: Forgetting the History of Water Torture in U.S. Courts." Bottom line: Sen. McCain was right in 2007 and National Review Online is wrong today. America did execute Japanese war criminals for waterboarding.

I was truly disgusted by the way the Democraps were buffaloed into becoming enablers for the WAR MACHINE post 9-11.

This torture issue is still another example of that, I suppose.

I don't doubt (and don't know for sure) that a number of high ranking Dems might have been informed about this behavior.

I'd like to KNOW for sure who signed onto it, of course.

But unless there is a serious investigation by an HONEST player, I doubt any of us will ever really know who among our leaders has a mind better suited to the inquisition than the 21st century.

Wrong as usual. But you keep trying, ok Sparky?

Not OK. Your denial is part of the whole scene of torture that was approved of in the name of my nation. It was and is illegal and immoral. Your support of it is the same. And we did execute Japanese for the crime of waterboarding;

Paul Begala: Yes, National Review, We Did Execute Japanese for Waterboarding
Sen. McCain was right and the National Review Online is wrong. Politifact, the St. Petersburg Times' truth-testing project (which this week was awarded a Pulitzer Prize), scrutinized Sen. McCain's statement and found it to be true. Here's the money quote from Politifact:

"McCain is referencing the Tokyo Trials, officially known as the International Military Tribunal for the Far East. After World War II, an international coalition convened to prosecute Japanese soldiers charged with torture. At the top of the list of techniques was water-based interrogation, known variously then as 'water cure,' 'water torture' and 'waterboarding,' according to the charging documents. It simulates drowning." Politifact went on to report, "A number of the Japanese soldiers convicted by American judges were hanged, while others received lengthy prison sentences or time in labor camps."

The folks at Politifact interviewed R. John Pritchard, the author of The Tokyo War Crimes Trial: The Complete Transcripts of the Proceedings of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East. They also interviewed Yuma Totani, history professor at the University of Nevada-Las Vegas, and consulted the Columbia Journal of Transnational Law, which published a law review article entitled, "Drop by Drop: Forgetting the History of Water Torture in U.S. Courts." Bottom line: Sen. McCain was right in 2007 and National Review Online is wrong today. America did execute Japanese war criminals for waterboarding.

Really? His support of it is illegal???? Whaddya gonna do turn him over? :lol::lol:

I've heard in some backward countries that "may have" is grounds for execution.
Bring on the show trials because we'll see Pelosi and many other Democrats hang as well.

I've heard in some backward countries that "may have" is grounds for execution.
Bring on the show trials because we'll see Pelosi and many other Democrats hang as well.

Don't see any chances of trials, however, just revealing who signed off on this, regardless of party affiliation, would be useful.

If that was the case, then tell us , why is torture back in the press?

I think the Dem leadership wants to bury it--but some one out here in the public arean does not. So how do we get them more attention??

The next time RGS makes an informed guess will be the first time.

Anyone that authorized torture should be prosecuted. It is wrong to punish only the Lindsay Englands of the world.

8 years of rendition under clinton....things far worse than waterboraing....obama going to string up big al and cigar boy....

Forum List

Back