Schiff throws cold water on impeaching Trump..basically gives up...sees the light!

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
He knows that the Senate would never ho along with it, as do the American people....the longer they pretend to be outraged, the more the American people see how stupid they are...besides wasting millions of taxpayer dollars on a NOTHING BURGER!

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said in an interview that aired Friday on "Rising" that he presumes President Trump will be voted out of office, effectively throwing cold water on impeachment.

"Where it ends I don't know," Schiff told actor Richard Schiff - the two are not related - in a Hill.TV interview on Thursday. "I presume it ends with Donald Trump being voted out of office."

"But Bob Mueller will have a lot to say about that. We shouldn't pre-judge what he concludes or the evidence that he's gathered," he continued. "We have our own responsibilities with our investigation in Congress."

"At the end of the day, we need to be able to tell the American people exactly what took place in the 2016 election, and whether a foreign nation or a foreign adversary has leverage over the president of the United States," he said.

Schiff's comments come as the now-Democratic controlled House plans to investigate various parts of Trump's life, including his businesses, his taxes and his administration.

While there will likely be pressure from Democratic voters to move to impeach Trump, newly elected Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has set the bar high for impeachment.

"If there's to be grounds for impeachment of President Trump - and I'm not seeking those grounds - that would have to be so clearly bipartisan in terms of acceptance of it before I think we should go down any impeachment path," Pelosi told USA Today on Friday.

Schiff throws cold water on impeaching Trump

Forum List

Back