2. The shining
3. 2001 space oddessy
4. Hellraiser
5. Halloween
6. Evil dead
7. Friday the 13th
8. Nightmare on elm street

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
If you thought Jaws was scary, watch the Reef. The second time I watched it I almost had to turn it off, and I knew what was going to happen. The only time I ever almost turned a movie off because it was scary.

The exorcist.. but.as a young kid....Night of the Living Dead....but I was much younger when that came out......

View attachment 118331
Children of the Corn

The Shining

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

The Exorcist

Friday the 13th 1 and 2

Phantasm

Amityville Horror

Not necessarily super-scary, but worth a watch is 30 Days of night.
I love Phantasm! It freaked me out in my youth when I first saw it. Very creepy. I may have to look it up on Netflix or Amazon streaming this weekend now that it is on my mind. It has been a long week and I could use a good brain drain !

Phantasm....one of the early, really blood splatter movies.......I remember the commercials...I was too young to actually see it....How about Scanners?

Silence of the Lambs

Really? You aren't a serious person...are you?

Explain

Silence of the Lambs was in no way a scary movie......it doesn't even rate with the lowest level of scary movie......therefore you are not a serious person on this issue....

Hanibal Lector is perhaps the most terrifying character ever to appear on screen
Seemingly physically meek and imprisoned in a cell without access to the outside......he still terrifies you while speaking in a low voice and standing without movement
His intelligence terrifies the audience

The exorcist.. but.as a young kid....Night of the Living Dead....but I was much younger when that came out......
Exorcist is scary?

The power of Christ compels you. The power of Christ compels you

Look ma! Pea soup
I'm scared

Silence of the Lambs

Explain

Silence of the Lambs was in no way a scary movie......it doesn't even rate with the lowest level of scary movie......therefore you are not a serious person on this issue....

Hanibal Lector is perhaps the most terrifying character ever to appear on screen
Seemingly physically meek and imprisoned in a cell without access to the outside......he still terrifies you while speaking in a low voice and standing without movement

Sorry.....not even close. The best representation of Hannibal was in the original movie that he appeared in...."Manhunter." The few moments he was on screen were really good......Anthony Hopkiins...not so much....

Exorcist is scary?

Look ma! Pea soup
I'm scared

When it was released it was on the forefront of scary movies......after decades of desensitization to horror films and more and more gore.....it can't hold the title...but it was the scariest movie of the time.........

It is hard to make any movie actually scary.......now days it is simply making you jump when you get startled.....

Exorcist is scary?

Look ma! Pea soup
I'm scared

When it was released it was on the forefront of scary movies......after decades of desensitization to horror films and more and more gore.....it can't hold the title...but it was the scariest movie of the time.........

It is hard to make any movie actually scary.......now days it is simply making you jump when you get startled.....

Boring for the first two hours
Watching it recently, all I could ask is how anyone ever liked this piece of crap

Silence of the Lambs

Explain

Sorry.....not even close. The best representation of Hannibal was in the original movie that he appeared in...."Manhunter." The few moments he was on screen were really good......Anthony Hopkiins...not so much....

Anthony Hopkins got a freak'n Oscar for his few minutes on the screen
Hard to do in a genre typically ignored by the academy

Explain

He got the Oscar because he's British....

So is Benny Hill

So is Benny Hill

Hopkins was up against weak nominees......Robin Williams....and even Robert De Niro was weak for Cape Fear......then Nick Nolte..for Prince of Tides...come on...he won it because he was British....

64th Academy Awards - Wikipedia

So is Benny Hill

Hopkins was up against weak nominees......Robin Williams....and even Robert De Niro was weak for Cape Fear......then Nick Nolte..for Prince of Tides...come on...he won it because he was British....

64th Academy Awards - Wikipedia

Those were all strong performances

None iconic like Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter

Forum List

Back