Scam Calls

Were not these supposed to end by now?
They sure were

the congress with great fanfare passed a law that was supposed to put a stop to unwanted sales calls via the National No-Call List

but most things government touches turn to crap

You simply have to block all calls from those you don't know.

There is no possible way to deal with scammers, because they are calling from other countries.

Do not call list aka does not work list. Some blockers help. CPR V5000 for one, P2P is another. Doesn't work 100% but better. You can block numbers and even prefixes like 800, 866, 888 etc. Prob is block a number many just use another. I have had problems with one over 10 years, even in Maine. "credit card services" "Hi this is Christy" What they do is use a number from your local area and the name! I have been called even with my own number and name many times. C

Check with your phone provider, mine has a free for 1 landline, robo call blocker but won't block local.

Yes, they were supposed to be stopped but last I heard it was in the works.

There are also apps for cell phones, you pay though. NEVER do those 5 number "text to" things, your cell is done then.

I get a ton of them. Some of them are blocked but they ring anyway. Congress needs to do something about it but they are busy right now.

Like I’m dumb enough to buy their extended car warranty. The friendly recorded voice keeps saying this is my last chance as they’re gonna remove me from their call list if I don’t act now. But that’s yet to happen.

I get a ton of them. Some of them are blocked but they ring anyway. Congress needs to do something about it but they are busy right now.
Why do you want the government to do something? We have enough laws. What need is more morality and more criminals removed.

You would think they would at least learn that I never answer an unknown call.

Annoying, but no more so than slamming the door on a Jahovas Witness.

Is this a Constitutional thing in the pursuit of happiness? Do they have a right to call into our personal zone? Do we have a right not to be bothered by these calls in our zone?

Why do you want the government to do something? We have enough laws. What need is more morality and more criminals removed.

Telemarketers have no morals :) It's criminal in ways yes, in others no. I believe what govt can do is give the FCC more tools to work with to have an effective do not call list.

Yes we have enough laws I certainly agree but enforcement of the ones we already have, is not a bad thing. FCC is strapped, they can't even investigate what they have.

People don't realize, it's against FCC rules to call your cellphone without permission, or you have been an associate of a business partner or done business before. Falls under "radio wave stuff" like a ham radio operator.

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers without prior consent. ... To register by telephone, call 1-888-382-1222 (TTY: 1-866-290-4236). You must call from the phone number that you want to register.

Telemarketers have no morals :) It's criminal in ways yes, in others no. I believe what govt can do is give the FCC more tools to work with to have an effective do not call list.

Yes we have enough laws I certainly agree but enforcement of the ones we already have, is not a bad thing. FCC is strapped, they can't even investigate what they have.

People don't realize, it's against FCC rules to call your cellphone without permission, or you have been an associate of a business partner or done business before. Falls under "radio wave stuff" like a ham radio operator.

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers without prior consent. ... To register by telephone, call 1-888-382-1222 (TTY: 1-866-290-4236). You must call from the phone number that you want to register.
No one will do anything about it.

Probably not, unfortunately. However making a cell phone complaint and the usual do not call are different. I once made one to the FCC and got a response letter. With the do not call they tell you straight up, they don't investigate so why bother.

One thing has changed. Since they killed Soleimani I haven't received one call about my car warranty expiring!

Forum List

Back