ScaleBlaster

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
I bought this at Costco. It's on sale for $239 instead of $299. Does anyone else have one? I had a plumber out last week to remove the connection to the ancient Culligan water softener that was at the end the garage, and I'm installing this in that spot. I do have a lot of scale on coffee pitchers, showers, faucets, etc. I like the idea of in three months having all my appliances cleaned out of all of the built-up scale. Especially the water heater.

1701234221722.png

1701234280038.png

I bought this at Costco. It's on sale for $239 instead of $299. Does anyone else have one? I had a plumber out last week to remove the connection to the ancient Culligan water softener that was at the end the garage, and I'm installing this in that spot. I do have a lot of scale on coffee pitchers, showers, faucets, etc. I like the idea of in three months having all my appliances cleaned out of all of the built-up scale. Especially the water heater.

View attachment 865501

View attachment 865502

Never heard of it but that’s because I don’t need it. Water in our area is good enough to drink straight from the tap.

That said, I did look it up and see there are mixed reviews of its effectiveness. Anyway, good luck and hope it works for you.

Never heard of it but that’s because I don’t need it. Water in our area is good enough to drink straight from the tap.

That said, I did look it up and see there are mixed reviews of its effectiveness. Anyway, good luck and hope it works for you.
Same here. I understand that some people's water is ridiculously hard. We have great well water. I've never had a (working) water softener. More unneeded junk to break. Hate that slimy soft water feel anyway. A little soaking with vinegar has easily solved every hard water nuisance around here.

View attachment 865501

View attachment 865502

Be sure to update us on your results in any case. They obviously don't want to reveal their secret sauce. Nonetheless, their FAQ page makes plain that it's just a signal generator sending pulses through a coil of wire that you wrap around your source pipe. The result for copper pipe will be less than for plastic, but if it helps it helps either way. I do use a stainless screen to block the odd balls of rusty crud.

Nonetheless, their FAQ page makes plain that it's just a signal generator sending pulses through a coil of wire that you wrap around your source pipe.
Yes, that's all it is. It uses electronic signals to change the shape of the scale, preventing it from sticking to anything.

The real bitch is trying to wrap this huge bundle of wire around my pipe 70 times. They give you way, way more than you need, but you don't know how much it will take so you can't clip the rest off. They really should indicate the length you will need for each pipe type.

View attachment 865501

View attachment 865502

Why not just install new pipes instead of going through all that stupid dumb shit moronic process?

Problem fixed in less than an hour.

Yes, that's all it is. It uses electronic signals to change the shape of the scale, preventing it from sticking to anything.

The real bitch is trying to wrap this huge bundle of wire around my pipe 70 times. They give you way, way more than you need, but you don't know how much it will take so you can't clip the rest off. They really should indicate the length you will need for each pipe type.

This American is lazy, wants to be spoon fed information.

find circumference

measure diameter of pipe and multiply by 3.14

this will be length of wire to make one revolution around pipe.

Multiply by 70

total length of wire required

This American is lazy, wants to be spoon fed information.

find circumference

measure diameter of pipe and multiply by 3.14

this will be length of wire to make one revolution around pipe.

Multiply by 70

total length of wire required
I know a lot, but I don't know it all.

Forum List

Back