SC priest: no communion for obama voters

Christians do not follow these laws of purification and sacrafice because we have Jesus Christ who sacraficed himself for these things....we are saved thru His grace.

Christ fulfilled the law and did not abolished the law as He said, because Christ fulfilled all of those rules and regs in leviticus....he was our sacraficial, pure, lamb....all was fulfilled of the old law with Him and a new covenent was made with HIS followers....is what i was taught....thru HIM we are saved, not thru rules and regs and practice of the laws of leviticus.

The Catholic Church is not a democracy. While the U.S. has been around for over 200 years, the Church has been there for nearly 2000. I expect they'll continue to survive the American Left's current outrage.

Further, The Church certainly has a right to set it's own doctrine, just as parishioners have a right to accept or reject it. It's not like they're holding anybody at gunpoint in the rectory. :rolleyes:

While it's conceivable that an argument could be made regarding their tax exempt status here in the United States.... I seriously doubt that anybody's gonna make it. In tithing worldwide, I imagine we're just a good sized drop in a rather large bucket... and the money goes both ways. They spend a good bit here in healthcare and support services for the poor. Hospital closures alone could cause an immediate and critical loss in health services should FOCA be enacted.

It could mean discontinuing obstetrics in our hospitals, and we may need to consider taking the drastic step of closing our Catholic hospitals entirely,” Paprocki said. “It would not be sufficient to withdraw our sponsorship or to sell them to someone who would perform abortions. That would be a morally unacceptable cooperation in evil.”

Catholic Bishops Urge Huge Anti-FOCA Campaign to Stop Abortion Expansion

Plus that, devout Catholics who tithe regularly will probably just skip the middle man and send their money directly to Rome or some other such tax evasion scheme anyway. So, it's all much ado about nothing.

If you're Catholic... be Catholic. And if you're not, what the hell do you care?

We don't believe in doing forcing people to adhere to our laws. If people want to violate the laws of God. They will pay for it in the after life; known as Hell

uh, you do remember how we got on this OT tangent, right? Saying that you don't force people to adhere to your dogma junkie opinion is a fucking farce. If ONLY it were the case that you bastards left well enough alone until an individual could deal with their own choices after death. but, thats not at ALL the case, now is it.

Christians do not follow these laws of purification and sacrafice because we have Jesus Christ who sacraficed himself for these things....we are saved thru His grace.

Christ fulfilled the law and did not abolished the law as He said, because Christ fulfilled all of those rules and regs in leviticus....he was our sacraficial, pure, lamb....all was fulfilled of the old law with Him and a new covenent was made with HIS followers....is what i was taught....thru HIM we are saved, not thru rules and regs and practice of the laws of leviticus.

Yet they don't HESITATE to whip out the OT when it comes to needing scripture that matches their discrimination.

go figure.

The Catholic Church is not a democracy. While the U.S. has been around for over 200 years, the Church has been there for nearly 2000. I expect they'll continue to survive the American Left's current outrage.

well, your declining population of believers would suggest otherwise. Indeed, you might find it hard to keep it together in an age where indulgences and witch burning doesn't sell to the public.

If you're Catholic... be Catholic. And if you're not, what the hell do you care?

oh yea, gosh.. what would a non catholic American care about vatican influence over out nation despite our Constitution.. gee, it's such a fucking mystery.

We don't believe in doing forcing people to adhere to our laws. If people want to violate the laws of God. They will pay for it in the after life; known as Hell

So they're free to do what they want but if they don't make the right choice, they will suffer in agony for eternity? That sounds like force to me.

oh yea, gosh.. what would a non catholic American care about vatican influence over out nation despite our Constitution.. gee, it's such a fucking mystery.

Chill out, Francis. You're gonna pop an artery or somethin'. :chillpill:

Bottom line, it's up to the candidates to lay out an acceptable platform for the voters. Obama's was apparently acceptable to enough Catholics that the bishops felt compelled to remind parishioners of their spiritual obligations.

Big Whoop. :rolleyes:

If the abortion question comes back to bite him in the ass in 2012, well... it's his job to lay out a suitable platform tailored to the needs of the people, not the other way around.

Thus, under federal law tax-exempt charitable organizations are prohibited from endorsing any
candidates, making donations to their campaigns, engaging in fund-raising, distributing statements, or becoming involved in any other activities that may be beneficial or detrimental to any candidate. Even activities that encourage people to vote for or against a particular candidate on the basis of nonpartisan criteria violate the political campaign prohibition of section 501(c)(3).

I wonder whether Rev. Wright's church had their tax exempt status revoked?

It should be! :eusa_whistle:

"constitutes material cooperation with intrinsic evil."

I wonder whether he had the same opinion of priests, bishops, cardinals and pope's who enabled pedophilia to continue within their ranks for decades.

Aw shucks, nothing a little confession can't absolve! :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back