SC priest: no communion for obama voters

the way i read this...the priest has decided its a "sin" to vote for obama ...after all confession is to confess one's sins. does the priest have this power or not?
well, imho, since this priest has done this AFTER the election and campaign is over, and is not influencing an election, i think he has the ''power'' as you stated, to do this without affecting his nonprofit tax status.

HOWEVER, I find it distasteful, and wrong for him to proclaim a person's vote as a sin, and distastefull that this priest has even associated himself with the scuzziness of politics.... the Bible teaches us to give unto caesar what is his, BECAUSE we are not to trust our governments in any holy/spiritual matter...

the worldwide governments in the latter days according to Bible prophesy is the Beast that comes out of the Earth with 7 heads(7=complete) and 10 horns (10=government).....i digress....basically government, the eventual worldwide government are in unison with eachother and with evil...

anyone involved with religion should NOT WANT to be associated with ANY politics or government....not in any kind of trusting, spiritual, holy, sense!

this priest is giving the WRONG message to his parishoners....

how? you ask...

well, IF voting for obama is this ridiculous sin, according to this priest, therefore implying that the parishioners should have voted for mccain....if they didn't want to be faced with penance....

then THIS PRIEST is a HUGE HYPOCRITE!!!!

John Mccain CHEATED THRU ADULTERY on his wife, and john mccain then married his mistress after DIVORCING his scarred and injured wife.

1-mccain committed adultery
2-mccain got divorced
3 mccain remarried

ALL AGAINST CATHOLIC DOCTRINE

while Obama is married to the same wife, has not committed adultery, (that we know of) and has not aborted any children that we know of either etc....

SO, if i were a member of this parish....i would be OUT OF THERE in a nanosecond, because this priest, would be a FALSE PROPHET that we were warned about in the bible....

care

With this kind of pharisee christain behaviour is anyone really shocked that

RELIGION-LATIN AMERICA: Catholic Church Losing Followers in Droves
By Diego Cevallos

MEXICO CITY, Oct 21 (IPS) - For the Catholic church hierarchy in the Vatican, Latin America has changed from the "Continent of Hope" to the continent of concern, as followers are leaving the church in such large numbers that it could lead to the collapse of Catholicism within a decade and a half.
RELIGION-LATIN AMERICA: Catholic Church Losing Followers in Droves

Survey discovers religions are losing followers

The survey, which was conducted by the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, found that 28 percent of Americans have left their childhood religion for another religion or no religion at all. Roman Catholic and mainline Protestant churches have lost the most followers to other religions.
The Independent Florida Alligator: News - Survey discovers religions are losing followers

:lol:

LolCatRenderer-17.jpg

well, imho, since this priest has done this AFTER the election and campaign is over, and is not influencing an election, i think he has the ''power'' as you stated, to do this without affecting his nonprofit tax status.

HOWEVER, I find it distasteful, and wrong for him to proclaim a person's vote as a sin, and distastefull that this priest has even associated himself with the scuzziness of politics.... the Bible teaches us to give unto caesar what is his, BECAUSE we are not to trust our governments in any holy/spiritual matter...

the worldwide governments in the latter days according to Bible prophesy is the Beast that comes out of the Earth with 7 heads(7=complete) and 10 horns (10=government).....i digress....basically government, the eventual worldwide government are in unison with eachother and with evil...

anyone involved with religion should NOT WANT to be associated with ANY politics or government....not in any kind of trusting, spiritual, holy, sense!

this priest is giving the WRONG message to his parishoners....

how? you ask...

well, IF voting for obama is this ridiculous sin, according to this priest, therefore implying that the parishioners should have voted for mccain....if they didn't want to be faced with penance....

then THIS PRIEST is a HUGE HYPOCRITE!!!!

John Mccain CHEATED THRU ADULTERY on his wife, and john mccain then married his mistress after DIVORCING his scarred and injured wife.

1-mccain committed adultery
2-mccain got divorced
3 mccain remarried

ALL AGAINST CATHOLIC DOCTRINE

while Obama is married to the same wife, has not committed adultery, (that we know of) and has not aborted any children that we know of either etc....

SO, if i were a member of this parish....i would be OUT OF THERE in a nanosecond, because this priest, would be a FALSE PROPHET that we were warned about in the bible....

care

You are aware the Catholic Church does not believe prophets exist on earth so it is impossible for a Catholic priest to be a prophet of any kind?

Prophet has a specific meaning in the scriptures. It is a person that God can talk to. Literally converse with and give divine Guidance. False Prophets are people that make the claim but are liars or are being duped by Satan.

Apples and oranges. It is a whole different ballgame if it is the government endorsing religion (as in your article) instead of a private business that O'Reilly is complaining about.

When it comes to businesses, sure. But the whole business bit was only part of my statement. It's ridiculous, too, to file a lawsuit over a "Merry Christmas" sign on city property, or, as with my link, to file a lawsuit because a nativity scene is placed on city property. People take things too far.

The first amendment doesn't suggest that church's cant be taxed. You are still free to worship while your tithes get the same treatment any other business gets.

Wow. Phone the neighbors and wake the kids - I'm actually going to agree (boldly) with Shogun.

You are aware the Catholic Church does not believe prophets exist on earth so it is impossible for a Catholic priest to be a prophet of any kind?

Prophet has a specific meaning in the scriptures. It is a person that God can talk to. Literally converse with and give divine Guidance. False Prophets are people that make the claim but are liars or are being duped by Satan.

And what was he doing Retgy? He was proclaiming a ''vote'' was a sin....that is pretending to be God....no where in the Bible does it state that excercising your political vote can be a sin, while he IGNORED what the Bible HAS stated regarding sins, like adultery and divorce and remarrying etc....with Mccain....

this man was pretending to have the power of God and casting judgement on something that is not even a sin....declaring it a sin as if HE WERE GOD.

FALSE PROPHET...... in my book! :eusa_eh:

Care

quote the scripture, motherfucker. As soon as you post an OT quote I'll remind you what else the OT says about all sorts of things that you also don't react to.
Leviticus 20:13 KJV: (King James Version): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

Leviticus 20:13 KJV: (King James Version): "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

i hate doing this...but you are also suppose to stone people who wear cloth made of two threads....who plant two crops in their fields....etc and so on and so forth...what did abomination mean when the bible was written?

LEVITICUS, eh? You wanna take a second to think about the entire list of OT shit that you are not observing these days before I beat you down with other commanded observations from the OT?

Leviticus 11:9-12 says:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Oh NoEz RED LOBSTER!

red%20lobster%20logo.jpg

God Hates Shrimp

and yet we live in a nation where SHELLFISH are openly sold at any given bastion of OT sin like Captain D's and Long John Silvers... Gosh, guy, why on earth are we not seeing Catholic preists rallying outside of a fucking red lobster?? And thats just the tip of the leviticus iceberg. Thats not even mentioning all those barbaric commandments about unclead menstating women, dude.. Yet we have tampon commercials on TELEVISION! Can you believe what kind of SIN we fester in? Come on, man.. Commercials that GLORIFY TAMPONS! Talk about an ABOMINATION, eh?

In my household and all of my fellow co-religionists.

We follow "All" of the religious and dietary laws set forth by God.

good for you. Now go try and inflict your choice of jesus diet onto the rest of America and see how far you get.

Forum List

Back