Say "Merry Christmas", Not "Happy Holidays"

For everyone. Christians and non-Christians both. That's why everyone should say "Merry Christmas" [emoji3]
..there are more non-christians in the world than christians--so much more '''less'' believe in Christ
This thread is about the culture of Christmas in America. The world can do whatever it wants.
That's true. I still celebrate it and it's our Lord and saviors day!

Except Jesus was most likely born in September, and most of the Xmas holiday items are pagan in origin, yes.

But I am in favor of you celebrating the birth of Jesus any way, any time you want.
why?--he hasn't done anything special
Not your call. :www_MyEmoticons_com__shush:

Who says Christmas was not made up?

You reallly think Santa has eight flying reindeer and comes down your chimney?
that's not the key--tradition is the key ...
Santa is the face of Christmas
For everyone. Christians and non-Christians both. That's why everyone should say "Merry Christmas" :biggrin:
..there are more non-christians in the world than christians--so much more '''less'' believe in Christ
This thread is about the culture of Christmas in America. The world can do whatever it wants.
And our American culture of Christmas can be traced to "A Visit from St. Nicholas" poem by Clement Clarke Moore from the early 1800s.

that's not the key--tradition is the key ...
Santa is the face of Christmas
For everyone. Christians and non-Christians both. That's why everyone should say "Merry Christmas" [emoji3]
So, you go to Mass.

Except Jesus was most likely born in September, and most of the Xmas holiday items are pagan in origin, yes.

But I am in favor of you celebrating the birth of Jesus any way, any time you want.
he's not god/god's son/etc
...2000 years after he came, the world had the greatest destruction/death/murder/robbery/etc = ridiculous to celebrate
..you people are believing fairytales

...2000 years after he came, the world had the greatest destruction/death/murder/robbery/etc = ridiculous to celebrate
You don't get it. Sounds like you haven't had any religious education, but this is straying off topic.

This same stupid, unimportant argument surfaces year after year for absolutely no good reason.

Happy Hanukkah.
Merry Christmas.
Happy Kwanza.
Happy Festivus.

Whatever you are celebrating, may it be happy, merry, peaceful, and loving.
FALSE! It is an important argument, as are all things pertaining to American culture, which make the USA the NATION that it is.

You just happen to be too naive to understand. People who celebrate those other holidays ALSO celebrate Christmas secularly. Read the thread. :biggrin:

It is a totally frivolous argument. It doesn't matter if people celebrate Christmas, how they celebrate it, or who celebrates what. There is absolutely nothing in "American culture" that requires people to give a greeting in any specific form on any specific holiday. In commercial establishments, nobody knows what religion a customer is unless that person is wearing a specific religious symbol. It's the thought that counts. There is nothing naive about it.

You don't get it. Sounds like you haven't had any religious education, but this is straying off topic.
by religious you mean fake-belief=fake..wake up!! it's all just fairytales
re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods

DonaldTrump-HappyHolidays_480x480.png

:lol:
2EA72D16-103C-4AF8-8EA5-C57FF83AA7B5.jpeg

Waiting for the GOP to pass a law requiring people to celebrate the December holidays a set way, with set decorations, saying the set things....or else.
Christmas Eve and day were made national holidays with govt offices closed some years ago. Carter was president.

Some people, stores, companies, etc have replaced the words "Merry Christmas", with Happy holidays.

There is no reason for that, and everyone ought say "Merry Christmas", over the next 4 days.

Merry Christmas !!! :biggrin:
Happy-Holidays.jpg

Some people, stores, companies, etc have replaced the words "Merry Christmas", with Happy holidays.

There is no reason for that, and everyone ought say "Merry Christmas", over the next 4 days.

happy-holidays-trump-tower.jpg

I am Jew, so Merry Christmas to my Christian brothers and sisters.

Forum List

Back