Saudi Arabian woman is kicked out of mall for not wearing gloves

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Apparently, this woman was being immodest by showing her bare hands. So, this man kicked her out of the Saudi Arabian mall. You'll noticed the man in casual dress in the background freely window shopping.

Last edited:
Hey I wouldn't want someone showing bear hands either. Bears are pretty fuggin' powerful.

SA is a fucked up masculine-paranoia culture.

They sure showed her which gender has the power, din't they?
It wasn't about power ..........but about modesty and culture. ...... :cool:

Oh no, it's entirely about power. Allow me to illustrate.

Leave these two aside and consider two hypothetical people, "Party A" and "Party B". The genders, religions, races and ages of these two parties are irrelevant -- make them anything you like.

A and B walk into a public space.
Suddenly B starts freaking out over what A is wearing (or not wearing).
A, meanwhile, is not freaking out over anything.

One's freaking out; the other nonchalant.

Now you tell me --- who's got the power? The lady or the tiger?

She should be thankful the sick, twisted bastards didn't stone her to death or light her on fire.

Then you should all be walking around in those stifling costumes.....
There is no reason to act condescending.......they aren't costumes.

Most are made from expensive fabric and are very beautiful.

The muslim women love to wear them. ..... :cool:

And if they don't, you can always put them in a hole and feed them only water until they properly appreciate their symbols of second class citizenry.

She should have known better.........the Muttawah (religious police) did the right thing. ..... :cool:

What kind of religion forces people to live their religion?

Since it's the same religion in, say, Turkey, that's clearly not the commonality. It's culture. As I said, a fucked-up masculine paranoia culture. Paranoia about who holds the power. As you noted yourself in the OP --- she's "being immodest". A euphemism for "not knowing her place".

She should have known better.........the Muttawah (religious police) did the right thing. ..... :cool:

Since it's the same religion in, say, Turkey, that's clearly not the commonality. It's culture. As I said, a fucked-up masculine paranoia culture. Paranoia about who holds the power. As you noted yourself in the OP --- she's "being immodest". A euphemism for "not knowing her place".

No, guy. All Islamic states force women into second class citizenry. Some have more deference to women than others due to their varied brands of Islam. But that is different from your pseudo culture argument.

No, guy. All Islamic states force women into second class citizenry. Some have more deference to women than others due to their varied brands of Islam. But that is different from your pseudo culture argument.

You think so? See this happening in Turkey? How 'bout Morocco?

Cum hoc fallacies aside, what you're looking at here is patriarchal paranoia -- men scared out of their skins at female sexuality. And that's cultural. And that's why you find it in "Islamic state A" and can't find it in "Islamic state B". Because you're looking at the wrong root cause.

Much the same as "honor killing" and female genital mutilation. You'll find it here, won't find it there, but it goes according to the culture --- and it's all about controlling women.

This cartoon puts the whole issue into perspective. ...... :cool:

cartoon.jpg

You think so? See this happening in Turkey? How 'bout Morocco?

Cum hoc fallacies aside, what you're looking at here is patriarchal paranoia -- men scared out of their skins at female sexuality. And that's cultural. And that's why you find it in "Islamic state A" and can't find it in "Islamic state B". Because you're looking at the wrong root cause.

I dont' know what you think is happening in Turkey or Morrocco; but Islam itself is very misogynistic. When you have a pluralistic society of Muslims, you have women relegated to lesser statuses. I have no doubt that I could find plenty of examples of this reality in Turkey.

Forum List

Back