Saudi Arabian woman is kicked out of mall for not wearing gloves

The wearing of gloves by muslim women is not mandated by the Quran.

It is a cultural form of dress prevalent in some arab countries. ..... :cool:

right as a question of piety-------in conformity with the stink of islam....... when I was very young girls wore WHITE GLOVES on formal occasions -----but no one got arrested for failing to do so or thrown out of anything-----the lady was abused by in the name of the rapist pig of Arabia and the pile of shit in jannah-----not that I care

And once agan --- as already noted last week --- the same thing goes on here, and it's got nothing to do with Islam, Christianism or Flying Spaghetti Monsterism:

06624u.jpg

Caption:
"June 30, 1922. Washington policeman Bill Norton measuring the distance between knee and suit at the Tidal Basin bathing beach after Col. Sherrill, Superintendent of Public Buildings and Grounds, issued an order that suits not be over six inches above the knee." National Photo Co.​

-- We don't call that guy a "theocrat", because he doesn't work for the Church. But his job here is the same as the mall cop in the OP.

the phrase "the same thing happens" is in the present tense-----you cited an event that took place more than 90 years ago In fact----regarding the issue of GLOVES for muslim women in Saudi Arabia-----it is ---for me-----not an issue If Saudi Arabia wants to have such a law----fine with me. It is a good precedent -----it allows for DRESS CODE laws all over the world including "NO HIJAB" laws in civilized lands. I did not start the useless thread

Once again the point sails over your head. It doesn't matter what the TIME PERIOD is -- we're seeing an example of moral policing, just as in the other case, and neither one has anything to do with "religion".

wrong again-----BOTH do

Do they now...
Pop quiz -- what was Bill Norton's religion?

.........See?

I don't know anyone named "Bill Norton"----both fairly common names---there must be lots of them

I don't know anyone named "Bill Norton"----both fairly common names---there must be lots of them

He's the guy in the photo, measuring the bathing suit --- as the caption says. In bold.

See what you miss by not reading?

He's the guy in the photo, measuring the bathing suit --- as the caption says. In bold.

really? even If I had noticed his name it would have gone in the hippocampus and out the mammillary ganglia----unimportant to me as is the wearing of gloves in Saudi Arabia. Covering of the human body is a convention
amongst humans based on culture and religion. -------and to some extent protection from environmental issues.

really? even If I had noticed his name it would have gone in the hippocampus and out the mammillary ganglia----unimportant to me as is the wearing of gloves in Saudi Arabia. Covering of the human body is a convention
amongst humans based on culture and religion. -------and to some extent protection from environmental issues.

Is it?
Where does the Qur'an even mention gloves?
Where does the Babble even mention bathing suits?
Where does the Torah mention driving?

Now that you know who he is --- what religion is Bill Norton?
If that's a "religious" act you should be able to tell by what he's doing in the picture, right?

Can't eat pork in the IDF.

“The soldier in question acted against orders when he ate non-kosher food during a field exercise which is contrary to military orders. The soldier’s actions are inconsistent with with those expected from the trainees and as such, he was judged severely for his actions and sentenced to prison. After reconsideration, the sentence was changed to days of confinement to base.”

Israel News - IDF soldier punished for eating pork - JerusalemOnline

Is it?

If that's a "religious" act you should be able to tell by what he's doing in the picture, right?

You are right, but I still think that it is influenced by religious beliefs.

Quran-Islam.org - True Islam

Is it?

Just look at what the examples have in common:

Saudi Arabia: "Women must wear gloves"
USA: "Women's bathing suits must be a minimum length"
Jewish sect in UK: "Women must not drive"

Hmm... what do those all have in common? Because it's clearly not religion.....

Here -- if it's hard to see, look through this....

ockhams-razor.jpg

Is it?

Just look at what the examples have in common:

Saudi Arabia: "Women must wear gloves"
USA: "Women's bathing suits must be a minimum length"
Jewish sect in UK: "Women must not drive"

Hmm... what do those all have in common? Because it's clearly not religion.....

they have nothing in common

Can't eat pork in the IDF.

“The soldier in question acted against orders when he ate non-kosher food during a field exercise which is contrary to military orders. The soldier’s actions are inconsistent with with those expected from the trainees and as such, he was judged severely for his actions and sentenced to prison. After reconsideration, the sentence was changed to days of confinement to base.”

Israel News - IDF soldier punished for eating pork - JerusalemOnline

Can you imagine if one of Haniyah's friends brought pork on an Army base in a Muslim country? Off with the soldier's head. However, Haniyah will make a big megillah over this one. Meanwhile, pity the poor women in Saudi Arabia who have the religious police always after them. Does everyone remember the time when the religioius police pushed those Muslim girls back into a burning building because they weren't covered up, and the poor girls perished.

Israel Radio said the soldier, who moved to Israel from Boston recently, was unaware of the army’s strict dietary restrictions and was merely snacking on a lunch his secular grandmother had made him.

it is just a form of subjugation and slavery. It keep women from being the equal of weak men

it is just a form of subjugation and slavery. It keep women from being the equal of weak men

Exactly what I pointed out to Sunni back in post 8.

A and B walk into a public space.
Suddenly B starts freaking out over what A is wearing (or not wearing).
A, meanwhile, is not freaking out over anything.

One's freaking out; the other nonchalant.

Now you tell me --- who's got the power? The lady or the tiger?​

Forum List

Back