Saturday Night Live...cowards did not do Trump winning cold open, stupid piano playing instead...

Best SNL all season, imo. The opener (Kate singing Hallelujah) was the perfect approach. But Dave Chappelle got us laughing again. I'll tell you what, as long as you keep closing your mind totally to what half the country thinks and wants, your opportunity as the clear winners will be hampered.
We will wait for the left to open their mind to the plight of the midwesterners that switched sides this election...or for hell to freeze over...which will probably happen first.

So....I haven't watched SNL for a few decades now.....it stopped being funny when wil ferrel came on board....and before that really.....but I have heard the Cold Open on various radio shows as they made fun of Trump and the Debates and so I tuned in Saturday night to see how they would handle Trump winning.....the comedy of it...since they are supposed to be comedians....instead, they had the comdian who played hilary play the Hallelujah song while she played piano.....what a dumb thing to do......on a comedy show.......

The funny part...when she sang the part of the song where the singer sings she told the truth ....that was really funny from a woman pretending to be hilary.....

SNL Holds Funeral For Hillary Clinton’s Political Career

If you tuned into last night’s SNL expecting to see a sketch about Donald Trump’s astonishing win, that’s not what you got. Instead, you got Kate McKinnon in her Hillary Clinton duds, singing the late Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” and crying.

No, seriously.

This show just jumped the sharkskin pantsuit. I know this is supposed to be cathartic for the Hillbots, but does SNL really think everybody else is as devastated by Hillary’s loss as they are? Do they really think any of the 60 million Trump voters were going to tune in and weep along with Kate? Don’t they understand that this sort of insularity is why the Democrats got blindsided on Tuesday night?

year ago, Donald Trump himself hosted SNL. Last month, they hired Alec Baldwin to play him. They had a great old time making fun of that big dummy. Lotsa laughs. Great ratings. And if Trump running for president made for such terrific gut-busting comedy, you’d think they could come up with some jokes about him actually winning. Some of that great SNL political satire. But for some reason, Baldwin doesn’t want to play Trump anymore. He didn’t show up for the entire episode.

Do you really think that if Trump had lost, Alec Baldwin would’ve missed a chance to twist the knife one more time? That dude lives for payback. At one point he was even feuding with his own daughter.

Read more: SNL Holds Funeral For Hillary Clinton’s Political Career
The actress on snl who does hillary is freaking hilarious.

It was sad, the whole show was unfunny......
The show was just a wake for the Hillary loss.
All the libs were crying in their beers. or wine spritzers whatever the case maybe.

Perhaps they can put on shows in the Trump internment camps we send them too.....

It was sad, the whole show was unfunny......
The show was just a wake for the Hillary loss.
All the libs were crying in their beers. or wine spritzers whatever the case maybe.

They have the right to do so, after all they lost the Supreme Court, for a little while.

Did you miss Dave Chapelle and his anti white tirade?

As soon as he made the first anti Trump joke, after no Trump victory skit, we turned the channel.
As soon as I realized that an hour and a half spent witnessing only three funny parts is when I went out to listen to live music on Saturday nights. That would be around 1975.
SNL is little more than a lefty sheep cult thing.
Around 1975, most of us were too stoned to tell which was SNL and which was real commercials. Both seemed hysterical at the time. There has been some real talent on SNL--the Church Lady, Pat, Wayne's World. Tina Fey's Sarah Palin, Kate McKinnon's Hillary Clinton. I stopped watching it for decades, too, but sometimes they get it right.
An hour and a half to catch one funny bit is a waste of time.

I'll tell you what, as long as you keep closing your mind totally to what half the country thinks and wants, your opportunity as the clear winners will be hampered.
If you had taken your own advice trump might not have been elected.
This circular arguing is not helpful. What I was advising was that the winners try listening to the losers and incorporating them into the Great Plan, rather than continuing to beat them about the head and turning them into shadow enemies that have no basis in reality.
You ARE the winners, are you not? Then act like winners, not losers.

I'll tell you what, as long as you keep closing your mind totally to what half the country thinks and wants, your opportunity as the clear winners will be hampered.
This circular arguing is not helpful. What I was advising was that the winners try listening to the losers and incorporating them into the Great Plan, rather than continuing to beat them about the head and turning them into shadow enemies that have no basis in reality.

Well I think they are.
Keep the good parts of AHCA and replacing it with one that works for all.
Trumps New Deal for the poor communities.

Well I think they are.
Keep the good parts of AHCA and replacing it with one that works for all.
Trumps New Deal for the poor communities.
Yes, that's perfectly sensible. I was referring more to the attitude here. I hope it doesn't drift to our leaders.

Did you miss Dave Chapelle and his anti white tirade?

The whole show was a anti white tirade.
Interesting take.

I calls them as I see's them. I watched the entire show, and the undertone was constant. My wife even got tired of it and went to bed.
I recorded it, so I am going to watch it again with that in mind.
I always record SNL. That way I don't have to listen to the music.

Best SNL all season, imo. The opener (Kate singing Hallelujah) was the perfect approach. But Dave Chappelle got us laughing again. I'll tell you what, as long as you keep closing your mind totally to what half the country thinks and wants, your opportunity as the clear winners will be hampered.

???????

Forum List

Back