SAS team arrested in Libya

I skeptical. Yeah, someone was arrested. Yeah, they had bags with ammunition, rifles, etc. But it will take a lot more to convince me that these were SAS.

• Banned
The British government has in some way (not completely) conceded that six of the eight man team are members of the SAS, Toome. Although we may never know.

Recent reports are claiming that this wasn't some sort of offensive operation, and that the men that were arrested were the protection detail for a group of British diplomats that had been dispatched to Libya, for so-far undisclosed reasons. Although this is strange in that British diplomatic envoys are usually protected by MoD police, not members of the SAS.

Last edited:
The British government has in some way (not completely) conceded that six of the eight man team are members of the SAS, Toome. Although we may never know.

Recent reports are claiming that this wasn't some sort of offensive operation, and that the men that were arrested were the protection detail for a group of British diplomats that had been dispatched to Libya, for so-far undisclosed reasons. Although this is strange in that British diplomatic envoys are usually protected by MoD police, not members of the SAS.
There's some things in this picture that don't add up. That's not normally a Spec Ops mission for us, either, (we'd normally use DoS security, or Marines) and what they were supposedly carrying doesn't fit with a diplomatic protection detail either. The other odd thing is that they were apparently arrested by rebel forces. This appears to have been designed to look like something it's not.

Its always sad when the Military Elite of what once was a respected global power are captured by camal jockys.:(

Perhaps the SAS should limit their affairs to beating-up Irish Catholic School Children.

I think embarrassing is a more accurate description, Samson.

Aside from that. The SAS has never, as far as I'm aware, been tasked with "beating-up Irish catholic school children". But it gives me great pleasure to recall that they beat-up, tortured and killed numerous IRA operatives. Saying that, I wonder how many school children suffered as a result of the use of Agent Orange in Vietnam (a war in which an excessively arrogant aggressor was monstrously thrashed by a smaller opponent)...

Last edited:

Aside from that. The SAS has never, as far as I'm aware, been tasked with "beating-up Irish catholic school children". But it gives me great pleasure to recall that they beat-up, tortured and killed numerous IRA operatives. Saying that, I wonder how many school children suffered as a result of the use of Agent Orange in Vietnam (a war in which an excessively arrogant aggressor was monstrously thrashed by a smaller opponent)...

SAS atrocities in Ireland haven't been documented.

what a shock.:eusa_eh:

Come on, Samson; the IRA have their own atrocities to answer for. No one involved in that mess is totally innocent of wrongdoing; not the Brits, not the RUC, not the IRA, the UVF or anyone else; everyone has blood on their hands. It's the nature of that sort of conflict.

Come on, Samson; the IRA have their own atrocities to answer for. No one involved in that mess is totally innocent of wrongdoing; not the Brits, not the RUC, not the IRA, the UVF or anyone else; everyone has blood on their hands. It's the nature of that sort of conflict.

800 years of British Oppression in Ireland will never balance anything the IRA does short of Nuking London.

800 years of British Oppression in Ireland will never balance anything the IRA does short of Nuking London.

The Irish have been very adept at murdering each other in horrible ways for over a thousand years. Brian Boru is the only Irishman ever to get some semblance of order on that island, and that was around 1000 years ago. The Irish are their own worst enemy.

So let me get this straight; because of that history, you really don't care who the bombs kill? At some point, doesn't the question become how far you are willing to go for how long? What have you got to show for the last 40 years of mayhem?

The Irish have been very adept at murdering each other in horrible ways for over a thousand years. Brian Boru is the only Irishman ever to get some semblance of order on that island, and that was around 1000 years ago. The Irish are their own worst enemy.

God invented whiskey so the Irish wouldn't rule the world!

what a shock.

One man's oppression is another man's civilising; rather like one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, eh, Samson.

But before we stray from the main issue, let's remember one crucial fact, shall we. The priest infested backwater otherwise known as Ireland was nothing before the British offered them a guiding, fatherly hand. It's just a shame that a select few have the temerity to bite their overlord's hand. But let's not forget that the British wore uniforms when they were putting the stick about; unlike the cowards they fought in Ulster who, coincidentally, were the ones that requested an increased British military presence in N. Ireland in the first place. I really do find it funny how the likes of Samson let their glaring ignorance cloud their indignation.

Britain was the best thing that ever happened to Ireland. So much so, that they now want to be readmitted back into the commonwealth.

One man's oppression is another man's civilising; rather like one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, eh, Samson.

But before we stray from the main issue, let's remember one crucial fact, shall we. The priest infested backwater otherwise known as Ireland was nothing before the British offered them a guiding, fatherly hand. It's just a shame that a select few have the temerity to bite their overlord's hand. But let's not forget that the British wore uniforms when they were putting the stick about; unlike the cowards they fought in Ulster who, coincidentally, were the ones that requested an increased British military presence in N. Ireland in the first place. I really do find it funny how the likes of Samson let their glaring ignorance cloud their indignation.

Britain was the best thing that ever happened to Ireland. So much so, that they now want to be readmitted back into the commonwealth.

The comment: "Priest Infested Back-Water otherwise known as Ireland," pretty much sums up the limit of British objectivity, if not your own ignorance and clearly resolves that further discussion with you is pointless.

But it does serve to warm the heart even more to see the SAS captured by camal jockys.

What was wrong with Ireland that they needed Overlords with sticks to fix?

your defense of scum is pathetic

Forum List

Back