Obama firing up Gitmo again.

Obama orders resumption of military tribunals at Guantanamo - CNN.com

Is there ANY campaign promise that he is going to keep? (although, I admit, it was a stupid idea to pretend to close it in the first place).

As naive and inexperiened as he was when he took office, he has been doing a lot of learning while on the job, and has accepted that what seemed so simple in campaign rhetoric was not so simple in reality.

GITMO is a one-of-a-kind, state of the art facility for a special kind of prisoner and it simply cannot be duplicated anywhere else without incurring all sorts of unintended negative consequences. Prisoners at GITMO are receiving the best food, health care, and humane treatment that most have ever experienced in their lives. Those demanding that GITMO be closed I think are short sighted and/or tunnel visioned.

I bet he even ordered them to save the water and the boards in case he ever wants to re-start the EITs like his role model Bush did. Club Gitmo is one of many examples where the pres found out that governing is harder than campaigning.

Last edited:
Can we get any kind of coherent agenda from this administration? The price of gas spiked to around $4.00 per gal and Obama opens up Gitmo. Maybe the next wave of trials are for capitalists.

Is there ANY campaign promise that he is going to keep? (although, I admit, it was a stupid idea to pretend to close it in the first place).

As naive and inexperiened as he was when he took office, he has been doing a lot of learning while on the job, and has accepted that what seemed so simple in campaign rhetoric was not so simple in reality.

GITMO is a one-of-a-kind, state of the art facility for a special kind of prisoner and it simply cannot be duplicated anywhere else without incurring all sorts of unintended negative consequences. Prisoners at GITMO are receiving the best food, health care, and humane treatment that most have ever experienced in their lives. Those demanding that GITMO be closed I think are short sighted and/or tunnel visioned.

Endorsed!

As "inhumane" as the liberal/popular press make it out to be, I've always regarded it as an entirely legitimate reactionary measure. If Islamic terrorists want to move the goal posts and fly planes into the World Trade Centre; then they should expect a harsh reception once they're caught.

Honestly, these jihadists should think themselves lucky that they aren't locked-up in our high security (A-Cat) prison, Belmarsh 'aka' Hellmarsh, where they're placed among the general population, and have to shit in a bucket. They should also be denied the right to prayer, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Endorsed!

As "inhumane" as the liberal/popular press make it out to be, I've always regarded it as an entirely legitimate reactionary measure. If Islamic terrorists want to move the goal posts and fly planes into the World Trade Centre; then they should expect a harsh reception once they're caught.

Honestly, these jihadists should think themselves lucky that they aren't locked-up in our high security (A-Cat) prison, Belmarsh 'aka' Hellmarsh, where they're placed among the general population, and have to shit in a bucket. They should also be denied the right to prayer, in my opinion.

Yes, they are really lucky they aren't in with our general prison population. At GITMO they have all essentials plus a safe environment. I don't care if they pray. As the guys at GITMO are most likely to be the most dangerous of terrorists, I just don't want them turned loose with the general American population outside of prison. Which is a strong possibility if they are moved to a prison here in the States.

Obama Restarts Guantanamo Trials!!!
President Barack Obama reversed course Monday and ordered a resumption of military trials for terror suspects at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, making his once ironclad promise to close the isolated prison look even more distant.

Guantanamo has been a major political and national security headache for the president since he took office promising to close the prison within a year, a deadline that came and went without him ever setting a new one.
:lol::lol::lol: :rofl::rofl::rofl: :lol::lol::lol: :rofl::rofl::rofl: :lol::lol::lol:
Democrats are nothing but political tools!

Forum List

Back