Sarah Palin struggles with the facts, as usual......

None of the claims in the article are "facts." They are opinions.

No, there are links in the article that document the facts which contradict Palin’s fabrications, such as the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, the Social Security Trustees Report, the White House Web site, the BLS, and the Energy Information Agency.

Consequently it’s not opinion.

Just for the craic of it, let's take the first two paragraphs and analyse what is 'fact'. I will bold the facts.

Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has spent this week taking a high-profile bus tour up to New Hampshire, in what may or may not be a prelude to a presidential run in 2012. She spent half an hour the other day chatting with Fox News’s Greta van Susteren. The full interview is posted on Palin’s Web site, but we watched all of it so you don’t have to.

Much of the interview consisted of fluffy stuff, but every so often van Susteren diverted into asking about policy issues. Palin responded with her trademark style of making broad assertions with only a shaky command of the facts. We’ll go through the key statements in the order in which she said them, which allows us to begin and end with some absolute whoppers.

Done.

The rest is written from a left wing perspective.... opinion. Do you see the difference now?

You cannot - legitimately - claim something as 'news' if it is written from either a left wing or right wing perspective. That isn't my opinion, it is basic journalistic ethics.

If I were a liberal, I would be quite offended by the arrogance of the 'writer' of this piece. (S)he appears to think the left are too stupid to analyze an interview for themselves..... y'all apparently need to have things pointed out to you rather than forming your own conclusions.
"The full interview is posted on Palin’s Web site, but we watched all of it so you don’t have to."

We report, we decide. Sure easier than thinking for yourself, isn't it, Jones?

You finally got the theory of conservatism. Self interest above all. :clap2:

Why should I put your interests before my interests? Has any leftwinger ever explained that in the history of civilization?
That's why Leftist Utopian schemes are doomed to failure: They don't take into account human nature. They say, "But people will change!"...and when people don't change, they'll mandate the changes they want through the force of law.

It never works. It always fails.

You finally got the theory of conservatism. Self interest above all. :clap2:

Why should I put your interests before my interests? Has any leftwinger ever explained that in the history of civilization?
That's why Leftist Utopian schemes are doomed to failure: They don't take into account human nature. They say, "But people will change!"...and when people don't change, they'll mandate the changes they want through the force of law.

Game set match...their game plan.

Game set match...their game plan.
"But...it's for the children!!"

The road to hell is paved etc.

None of the claims in the article are "facts." They are opinions.

No, there are links in the article that document the facts which contradict Palin’s fabrications, such as the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, the Social Security Trustees Report, the White House Web site, the BLS, and the Energy Information Agency.

Just for the craic of it, let's take the first two paragraphs and analyse what is 'fact'. I will bold the facts.

Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has spent this week taking a high-profile bus tour up to New Hampshire, in what may or may not be a prelude to a presidential run in 2012. She spent half an hour the other day chatting with Fox News’s Greta van Susteren. The full interview is posted on Palin’s Web site, but we watched all of it so you don’t have to.

Much of the interview consisted of fluffy stuff, but every so often van Susteren diverted into asking about policy issues. Palin responded with her trademark style of making broad assertions with only a shaky command of the facts. We’ll go through the key statements in the order in which she said them, which allows us to begin and end with some absolute whoppers.

Done.

The rest is written from a left wing perspective.... opinion. Do you see the difference now?

You cannot - legitimately - claim something as 'news' if it is written from either a left wing or right wing perspective. That isn't my opinion, it is basic journalistic ethics.

If I were a liberal, I would be quite offended by the arrogance of the 'writer' of this piece. (S)he appears to think the left are too stupid to analyze an interview for themselves..... y'all apparently need to have things pointed out to you rather than forming your own conclusions.

The Doobie Brothers said it best, especially about people like *YOU* CG:

But what a fool believes he sees
No wise man has the power to reason away

What seems to be
Is always better than nothing
There's nothing at all

Just replace "he" with "she" and there you have it CG, a chorus that fits you.

Done.

The Doobie Brothers said it best, especially about people like *YOU* CG:

No wise man has the power to reason away

What seems to be
Is always better than nothing
There's nothing at all

Just replace "he" with "she" and there you have it CG, a chorus that fits you.
Actually, it applies to you quite nicely.

Forum List

Back