Sarah Palin Scolds And Obama Folds: He will now meet BP CEO after her Facebook Attack

This is pretty amazing. I would have just assumed that the first phone call made by Obama would have been to BP's CEO. Saying that he was just looking for results on demand is ridiculous. But worse is that it is something commonly seen in some very low level government managers. We all know who they are and avoid working with them as much as possible too, because they are also the ones who know the least. This is a bad sign to me. I would never have guessed this. :eek:

I was shocked as well when I learned they hadn't yet talked. I just don't fuckin' get why that wouldn't be one of the first calls made? Any real "problem solver" is going to call the one responsible for the problem immediately! But no, we don't have a "problem solver", we have a fucking lawyer/politician cross that hasn't a clue how do anything but campaign.

Yeah...and anyone who understands business knows that the CEO is the last fucking person you go to looking for answers immediately following a "problem"...

Last edited:
This is pretty amazing. I would have just assumed that the first phone call made by Obama would have been to BP's CEO. Saying that he was just looking for results on demand is ridiculous. But worse is that it is something commonly seen in some very low level government managers. We all know who they are and avoid working with them as much as possible too, because they are also the ones who know the least. This is a bad sign to me. I would never have guessed this. :eek:

I was shocked as well when I learned they hadn't yet talked. I just don't fuckin' get why that wouldn't be one of the first calls made? Any real "problem solver" is going to call the one responsible for the problem immediately! But no, we don't have a "problem solver", we have a fucking lawyer/politician cross that hasn't a clue how do anything but campaign.

I was surprised too, especially considering that he's more than happy to sit down and talk with everyone else and their terrorist brother. Seriously, he didn't bother because he thought the guy was just going to blow bullshit in his ear?? Excellent defense.

I was surprised too, especially considering that he's more than happy to sit down and talk with everyone else and their terrorist brother. Seriously, he didn't bother because he thought the guy was just going to blow bullshit in his ear?? Excellent defense.

In case any of you ditto heads haven't noticed, BP's CEO is a moran and has NO answers....

Hey Mr. President,it's about the Gulf not the Golf. What took him so long? This is meaningless at this point. Way too little too late. It's very sad.

In case any of you ditto heads haven't noticed, BP's CEO is a moran and has NO answers....

WTF is a ditto head?? Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that Obama looks weak to have not done it initially, then sit on his hands, and NOW decides it would be a smart move.

WTF is a ditto head?? Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that Obama looks weak to have not done it initially, then sit on his hands, and NOW decides it would be a smart move.

People that listen to and repeat verbatim, talking points produced by the likes of Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity....

Perhaps....think for a moment, perhaps the CEO actually has some ANSWERS now?

Too busy looking for the best political way out.:eusa_shhh:

People that listen to and repeat verbatim, talking points produced by the likes of Limbaugh, Beck and Hannity....

Perhaps....think for a moment, perhaps the CEO actually has some ANSWERS now?

Oh, well thanks for the assumption that I can't think on my own.

Obama should have been in communication with him and monitoring progress from the horse's mouth/ass since the beginning. That is MY opinion.

This is shocking incompetence. I don't care how the loyal Hopey Changeys try to spin things. Palin nailed this one. Nuff said.

You know.........Tea Party Braindead is totally off base with this.......

Obama stated (when he first went to the Gulf 4 days after it happened), that he wanted to speak to the CEO's, and they were avoiding him and would only tell him what he wanted to hear.

However, I do believe that they finally found a free space in the schedule to make it happen, which is why it's happening.

Sarah Palin has no more influence on Obama than her endorsement has influence on elections. Big whoop, she picked 3 out of 4 winners, that's 75 percent.

The ones that she did pick correctly? They were the heavy favorites anyway. Attributing any kind of influence to Palin is like saying that the ant in the back yard is sending you telepathic messages to mow the lawn.

Anyone who believes in Palin believes in stupidity as a lifestyle.

You might want to look up a bit more on BP's CEO before calling him a moron. He happens to be a hands-on, long term industry man and is probably one of the most technically qualified senior officers that any oil company has on this planet. It's a good thing he is were he is, it's just a bad thing the problem is as bad as it is. I'm sure BP is wishing they had been more proactive in overseeing what kind of job was the rig company and the regulators were doing and you can bet they won't count so much on them in the future but, at present, the problem is a technical nightmare requiring not only clear and careful thinking but a good deal of creativity as well. People running around demanding and screaming provide nothing constructive at this point. There will be plenty of time for blaming each other after the probem in solved, assuming it can be solved.

I thought it hilarious when I heard Robert Gibbs answer a Reporter, "BO has not talked to the CEO, because they have a Board to go through"

Morons are representing our Country :redface:

Just what we deserve for electing someone who never worked in a board room, or even for someone who worked in a board room.

You might want to look up a bit more on BP's CEO before calling him a moron. He happens to be a hands-on, long term industry man and is probably one of the most technically qualified senior officers that any oil company has on this planet. It's a good thing he is were he is, it's just a bad thing the problem is as bad as it is. I'm sure BP is wishing they had been more proactive in overseeing what kind of job was the rig company and the regulators were doing and you can bet they won't count so much on them in the future but, at present, the problem is a technical nightmare requiring not only clear and careful thinking but a good deal of creativity as well. People running around demanding and screaming provide nothing constructive at this point. There will be plenty of time for blaming each other after the probem in solved, assuming it can be solved.

Are you fucking kidding me? This asshat is the BEST they got? They drill 43 miles off of OUR fucking coastline at depths that have barely been tried in the past and he allows safety measures to be left out of the equation???? God help us.

You know.........Tea Party Braindead is totally off base with this.......

Obama stated (when he first went to the Gulf 4 days after it happened), that he wanted to speak to the CEO's, and they were avoiding him and would only tell him what he wanted to hear.

However, I do believe that they finally found a free space in the schedule to make it happen, which is why it's happening.

Sarah Palin has no more influence on Obama than her endorsement has influence on elections. Big whoop, she picked 3 out of 4 winners, that's 75 percent.

The ones that she did pick correctly? They were the heavy favorites anyway. Attributing any kind of influence to Palin is like saying that the ant in the back yard is sending you telepathic messages to mow the lawn.

Anyone who believes in Palin believes in stupidity as a lifestyle.

If that is the case, then this administration was quite foolish not to have played that angle up to the nth degree.

I thought it hilarious when I heard Robert Gibbs answer a Reporter, "BO has not talked to the CEO, because they have a Board to go through"

Morons are representing our Country :redface:

Just what we deserve for electing someone who never worked in a board room, or even for someone who worked in a board room.

Our last president worked in a boardroom.

And we all know how well that worked out.

Palin was just repeating what she heard on tv. Which pretty much sums up Palin.

No.
If not for the statement by Sarah Palin, Obama would still not be talking to the BP CEO.

Obama's duty is to take command of the situation and using the resources of the United States mitigate the damage and end this disaster in the Gulf. He has not done nothing but pose for photos, play golf, throw parties, and talk trash.

Obama_Palin_Shoe_Shine.jpg

Prove it.

I guarantee more people than Palin were advising Obama to meet with the CEO.

I have severe criticisms of the Obama Administration. However, a secret belief that anything Palin writes on her facebook page influences them one iota is not one of them.

I kinda sorta picture one unpaid intern assigned to read that page -- monthly.

Ok, let's play this game.

If Palin thought it was so important for the president to talk directly to Hayward, right away,

why did she wait 6 weeks to mention it?

lolololol

case closed.

Maybe she just assumed, like every other rational person on the planet, that he had done so at the beginning of the mess.

He is a community organizer, which just means he finds problems, and then gets people to talk about them in the hope they woll go away.

Ok, let's play this game.

If Palin thought it was so important for the president to talk directly to Hayward, right away,

why did she wait 6 weeks to mention it?

lolololol

case closed.

Maybe she just assumed, like every other rational person on the planet, that he had done so at the beginning of the mess.

Just like she assumed she was going to ride John McCain's coattails right into the White House.

Forum List

Back