Sarah Palin: Alaska's Position On The Globe (Yes, You Can See Russia)

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
Many many years ago, I remember being told that you could see Russia from places in Alaska. This was at a time when we were in the “Cold War” with Russia and Alaska was being represented as a line of defense against the Russians. Palin as usual was right when she said you could see Russia from Alaska but the liberal media distorted her statements in a effort to slander her. This was done for desperate reasons because of her stellar record as governor and her experience being a executive who ran the largest strategic state for military defense.

Pics of Russia from Alaska:
Alaska?s Position on the Globe (Yes, You Can See Russia!) | Facebook

At last week’s revved-up Anchorage rally for Joe Miller I spoke to the independent, inspired crowd about the need to change Washington so Alaska can finally develop our natural resources to help secure the union. In the discussion, of course, the fact was made that our strategic location on the globe is key to resource development, military security, and transportation and shipping lanes boosting export opportunities, etc. And naturally I included a riff on the fact that you can actually see Russia from Alaska, because apparently only Alaskans know it’s true. Anyway, my good buddies throughout the state continue to send their “pictures of truth,” along with the plea to prove my point and put to rest the lamestream media’s mocking of that point. I promised my buddies I would prove it. So here you go

More about this truth that proves Palin right is in link.

Last edited:
but lets not let the facts get in the way of stupidity.

67464_461073128587_24718773587_5406073_804894_n.jpg

Last edited:
If I remember right it's about 52 miles across the Bering Strait. And in Winter time that is solid Ice so you could actually take a snow mobile or even walk across to Russia.

If you position yourself just right in my front yard, in the winter when all the leaves are off the trees, you can see my next door neighbor's corn field.

Many many years ago, I remember being told that you could see Russia from places in Alaska. This was at a time when we were in the “Cold War” with Russia and Alaska was being represented as a line of defense against the Russians. Palin as usual was right when she said you could see Russia from Alaska but the liberal media distorted her statements in a effort to slander her. This was done for desperate reasons because of her stellar record as governor and her experience being a executive who ran the largest strategic state for military defense.

Pics of Russia from Alaska:
Alaska?s Position on the Globe (Yes, You Can See Russia!) | Facebook

At last week’s revved-up Anchorage rally for Joe Miller I spoke to the independent, inspired crowd about the need to change Washington so Alaska can finally develop our natural resources to help secure the union. In the discussion, of course, the fact was made that our strategic location on the globe is key to resource development, military security, and transportation and shipping lanes boosting export opportunities, etc. And naturally I included a riff on the fact that you can actually see Russia from Alaska, because apparently only Alaskans know it’s true. Anyway, my good buddies throughout the state continue to send their “pictures of truth,” along with the plea to prove my point and put to rest the lamestream media’s mocking of that point. I promised my buddies I would prove it. So here you go

More about this truth that proves Palin right is in link.

No one denies that you can stand on the last island of Alaska and see Russia across the water.

This is a case of selective memory on your part. The reason the quote was so hilarious and mocked was because Sarah Palin said you can see Russia from Alaska in answer to a question about what her experience with foreign policy was.

But don't let the truth and the facts stop you in your quest to twist reality into a conservative wacky world view.

Or maybe you think that if a candidate has seen a foreign country, that gives them foreign policy experience? That's what Sarah Palin seems to think. Why else would she give such a demented answer?

HAHAA

Or maybe you think that if a candidate has seen a foreign country, that gives them foreign policy experience? That's what Sarah Palin seems to think. Why else would she give such a demented answer?

HAHAA

Just like all of that foreign policy experience Obama has, huh?

You forget that he actually lived in foreign countries as a small child and negotiated world peace on several occasions while in residence.

Dems try to make people forget that Alaska is bordered by 2 foreign countries and that they do have trade, commerce, and communications with both of them. I don't believe any other state can make that claim.....

This is a case of selective memory on your part. The reason the quote was so hilarious and mocked was because Sarah Palin said you can see Russia from Alaska in answer to a question about what her experience with foreign policy was.

Bingo. Amazing that some people seem to think the significance of this joke is that it's some kind of referendum on Palin's eyesight.

Forum List

Back