Santorum Wants to Enslave People Who Have Unconventional Sex

Did you have a source for this or are you just making shit up?

You're retarded. Why would I make this up.

Rick Santorum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sodomy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki. :lol::lol::lol: Yep, that's valid. :eusa_angel:

Ha... ha... ha... Yeah, laugh, but there's nothing wrong with Wikipedia. They cite their sources and if you have any sense of discernment at all, reading Wiki shouldn't be a problem for you. Since you don't know how to verify cited sources from Wiki, I'll show you where Wiki got the info from.

USATODAY.com - Excerpt from Santorum interview

USA Today and Associated Press; looks like a pretty credible source to me, not to mention it's a script of an actual interview from Rick Santorum so no slant could be added by an article writer.

So some other leftist faggot made it up and you're going right along with it, got it, thanks...

False. Santorum himself said it in an interview.

Intelligent people don't do 'excerpts'. There's often an agenda behind 'excerpts', like taking what someone said out of context to 'spin' it. However, I'm sure that, for the stupid, it is easier to be sold a spin than to think for yourself.

Santorum himself said it in an interview.

The AP interview, the excerpt from USA Today:
SANTORUM: We have laws in states, like the one at the Supreme Court right now, that has sodomy laws and they were there for a purpose. Because, again, I would argue, they undermine the basic tenets of our society and the family. And if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes, it does. It all comes from, I would argue, this right to privacy that doesn't exist in my opinion in the United States Constitution, this right that was created, it was created in Griswold — Griswold was the contraceptive case — and abortion. And now we're just extending it out. And the further you extend it out, the more you — this freedom actually intervenes and affects the family. You say, well, it's my individual freedom. Yes, but it destroys the basic unit of our society because it condones behavior that's antithetical to strong healthy families. Whether it's polygamy, whether it's adultery, where it's sodomy, all of those things, are antithetical to a healthy, stable, traditional family.

The Supreme Court case Santorum was referring to:

On June 26, 2003, the U.S. Supreme Court in a 6-3 decision in Lawrence v. Texas struck down the Texas same-sex sodomy law, ruling that this private sexual conduct is protected by the liberty rights implicit in the due process clause of the United States Constitution, with Sandra Day O'Connor's concurring opinion arguing that they violated equal protection. See Sodomy law.. This decision invalidated all state sodomy laws insofar as they applied to noncommercial conduct in private between consenting civilians and overruled its 1986 ruling in Bowers v. Hardwick which upheld Georgia's sodomy law.

In addition, Santorum made two basic Constitutional errors: the first, where he refers to a ruling upholding privacy rights with regard to consensual sex, ‘And if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery.’ Laws banning bigamy, for example, are Constitutional and wouldn’t be effected because such laws apply equally to everyone, of all races and sexual orientations. Sodomy laws that target only gays clearly violate the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment because it singles-out a specific group of people – as affirmed by the Court.

Second, with regard to his comments about Griswold and privacy rights, Santorum must have forgotten that per Marbury v Madison (1803), the Supreme Court decides the original intent of the Constitution and what the Founding Document means. The Constitutional right to privacy is settled law, he and those who believe like him simply need to accept that.

The republican field is full of a bunch of long shots at this point. They're just looking for the free publicity that campaigning provides. Most will be gone by early 2012 and we'll see who the truly dedicated ones are. Romney for sure. Palin? Who knows.

Intelligent people don't do 'excerpts'. There's often an agenda behind 'excerpts', like taking what someone said out of context to 'spin' it. However, I'm sure that, for the stupid, it is easier to be sold a spin than to think for yourself.

The interview is in context. I’ve found other confirming sources as well, you’re free to search.

There was nothing taken out of context. His FULL answers were provided to every question asked. Nothing was clipped or chopped. Try clicking the link and read it and you'd see that nothing was taken out of context.

They called it an "excerpt" because they only showed the part of the interview that talked about the issue at hand. However, they showed everything he said about that issue. Why would they include the other questions and answers that were about a different subject? Clearly it's you who isn't doing the critical thinking.

Last edited:
So some other leftist faggot made it up and you're going right along with it, got it, thanks...

Seriously, there's a time to be a bitch, and a time to just suck it up and admit you were wrong.

Santorum did say he supported sodomy laws. It wasn't taken out of context, he elaborated on it, and the quote is very easy to find. There's no "spin".

And you would have known this if you'd actually read any of the links, instead of calling people names and complaining about wiki.

Seriously, there's a time to be a bitch, and a time to just suck it up and admit you were wrong.

Santorum did say he supported sodomy laws. It wasn't taken out of context, he elaborated on it, and the quote is very easy to find. There's no "spin".

And you would have known this if you'd actually read any of the links, instead of calling people names and complaining about wiki.

So? Where did he say he wants to put people in slavery, which BTW, is the title of this thread.. in case you didn't notice.

Isn't there a single one of you leftist retards who's capable of using established dictionary meanings of words only?

Putting people in jail is not enslaving them. Moron. Note that I don't agree with Santorum, before one of you idiots starts having a hissy fit.

Isn't there a single one of you leftist retards who's capable of using established dictionary meanings of words only?

Putting people in jail is not enslaving them. Moron. Note that I don't agree with Santorum, before one of you idiots starts having a hissy fit.

Not to mention, When's the last time somebody was incarcerated for consensual sodomy?

So? Where did he say he wants to put people in slavery, which BTW, is the title of this thread.. in case you didn't notice.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the OP's ridiculous use of hyperbole.

But that doesn't change the fact that Santorum has publicly supported sodomy laws.

Santorum supports sodomy laws (USATODAY.com - Excerpt from Santorum interview) which include:

"and thus in 2003, only 10 states had laws prohibiting all sodomy, with penalties ranging from 1 to 15 years imprisonment."

Sodomy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As you can see, Santorum believes that the government should enslave people for 1 to 15 years for committing unconventional sex acts.

Not to mention, When's the last time somebody was incarcerated for consensual sodomy?

Friday.

SCOTUS ruled that all state sodomy laws were unconstitutional in 2003.

Friday.
Palmer was accused of sodomy with an 8-year-old boy in Madison at Federal Square Suites on Madison Blvd in August of 2010.
A minor can't give consent to sex.

Try again.

Forum List

Back