Santorum: There's 'No Such Thing' As A Liberal Christian

AWOOOGAH!!! Conservatives Start To Sound The Alarm Over Rick Santorum’s Extremism | TPM2012

DRUDGE: SANTORUM'S SATAN WARNING

Santorum: Satan is Systematically Destroying America | rightwingwatch.org

Santorum: Satan is Systematically Destroying America - YouTube

It’s as if we’re being assailed by a deranged holy man in a sweater vest.

Obama's out there quoting scripture to beat the band. Do you have problems with the President?

Here is what Santorum said....that a Christian doesn't get to pick and choose what parts of the Bible they are going to live by IOW 'I don't agree with that, therefore I don't have to pay attention to it,'.

Let's take this concept out of the realm of religion and into the realm of politics.

The president is sworn to protect and uphold the Constitution.

If he decides 'I don't agree with that, therefore I don't have to pay attention to it,' is he still upholding the Constitution?

No, he can't have it both ways, the can either protect and uphold the entire Constitution, or he has failed in his sworn duty.

Anyone disagree with that?

Santorum is saying that the Bible is like the Constitution, you don't get to choose to uphold the parts you like and ignore the parts you don't like.

Last edited:
“Woodstock is the great American orgy. This is who the Democratic Party has become. They have become the party of Woodstock. The prey upon our most basic primal lusts, and that’s sex. And the whole abortion culture, it’s not about life. It’s about sexual freedom. That’s what it’s about. Homosexuality. It’s about sexual freedom.”​

And "sexual freedom" is about "freedom". And "America" is about "freedom"...but apparently not to Sandorum

Here is what Santorum said that a Christian doesn't get to pick and choose what parts of the Bible they are going to live by IOW 'I don't agree with that, therefore I don't have to pay attention to it,'.

Let's take this concept out of the realm of religion and into the realm of politics.

If he decides 'I don't agree with that, therefore I don't have to pay attention to it,' is he still upholding the Constitution?

No, he can't have it both ways, the can either protect and uphold the entire Constitution, or he has failed in his sworn duty.

A Christian is not sworn to agree with and live by everything written in the Bible.

I know one liberal Christian.....

And he answered and said to Him, “Teacher, all these things I have kept from my youth.”
21 Then Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, take up the cross, and follow Me.”
22 But he was sad at this word, and went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.
23 Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!”
24 And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, “Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God!
25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

It looks like there are way too many folks who simply project their inability to compartmentalize personal beliefs from laws onto others.

In stark contrast to comments made earlier this week, Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum addressed the issue of now-President Barack Obama's Christian faith in a 2008 interview with the Oxford Centre for Religion and Public Life, Buzzfeed reported Tuesday.

When asked if he believed Obama is a "sincere liberal Christian," the former Pennsylvania senator said he didn't believe that sort of ideology exists, and that Obama's church, United Church of Christ in Chicago, had "abandoned Christendom" and used a non-literal interpretation of the Bible.

"I don't think there is such a thing," he said of Obama as a liberal Christian. "To take what is plainly written and say that 'I don't agree with that, therefore I don't have to pay attention to it,' means you're not what you say you are. You're a liberal something, but you're not a Christian."

More: Rick Santorum Questioned Obama's Faith In 2008, Said There's No Such Thing As A Liberal Christian

And here I thought Jesus was a liberal. My bad.

Here is what Santorum said....that a Christian doesn't get to pick and choose what parts of the Bible they are going to live by IOW 'I don't agree with that, therefore I don't have to pay attention to it,'.

Santorum is saying that the Bible is like the Constitution, you don't get to choose to uphold the parts you like and ignore the parts you don't like.

So you believe that Noah's Arc is real then? Do you follow the laws of Leviticus too?

Last edited:
Once again, Santorum tells the unpopular truth.

You either believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, or you don't.

If you don't believe part of it, why should you believe any of it?

If you believe that something was slipped in there that shouldn't gave been then you also believe that God couldn't protect his own book, therefore, he is either not all-knowing or all-powerful.

If you don't believe God has the power to do something so small as protect his own book, how can you possible believe that he did something as enormous and glorious as send his only son to the Virgin Mary to live as a man and die for your sins?

Isn't that the definition of a Christian...one who believes that God sent the Jesus, the Messiah, his the Son of God, to teach His children the path of righteousness and sacrifice His earthly to wash away the sins of man?

So, how does a Christian believe that miracle, but not believe that God has the power to protect the Word of God?

YOU can believe that.

And SANTORUM can believe that.

And the hundred million Americans that you and Santorum have just kicked out of Christianity can decide that they don't want someone as judgmental and exclusionary as Santorum to ever take up occupancy in the White House.

Easy Peasy.

Neither Santorum nor I kicked anyone out...they left.

Is it judgmental to state a fact?

:lol::lol::lol:

It looks like there are way too many folks who simply project their inability to compartmentalize personal beliefs from laws onto others.

Santorum has set the tone. He has shown us over and over again that his priority is with religion.

He inserted it gratuitously into his answers in the debates.

He has told us that as a president he will pay attention to these things.

What are the odds that he'll be the one person who can go up there and talk about religion incessantly and not mix it unduly with governance?

Maybe he can. But it is our job as voters to calculate the likelihood based on what we know about him. And he is not reassuring in that regard. Not at all.

So you believe that Noah's Arc is real then? Do you follow the laws of Leviticus too?

We're all going to Hell for wearing polyester. Honestly, if I took the Bible word for word, I would be forced to become Buddhist or Atheist.

How can anyone take this guy seriously?

Theocracy anyone?

Why don't you get back to us when you get President Obama from quoting scriptures and saying that his economic policies are based on his faith and the Bible?

What's the difference between them quoting scripture and talking about their faith so openly?

Theocracy anyone?
Oh, he'll never get my vote - way too authoritarian for my tastes. I just find that the hyperbole, the misrepresentations, and the outright lies about him need to be challenged.

Well same goes with every candidate all you need to do is look at his voting record to see whether he really is what they call a "Conservative" these days, because apparently it changes daily, one day it's Romney then Newt then Santorum but no one will emphasize the only "Conservative" who really does fit into that spectrum but like I said everyone likes to nit-pick that name for their own personal gain.

1zfrmkj.jpg

My point. ^

Theocracy anyone?

Why don't you get back to us when you get President Obama from quoting scriptures and saying that his economic policies are based on his faith and the Bible?

What's the difference between them quoting scripture and talking about their faith so openly?

Anybody who uses the Bible or your own Faith as a way of scoring political points doesn't deserve to be taken serious.

Leave the Religion out of politics, let the people decide whether they want to take a pill and don't have a mandatory program where they force you to cover part of a program where goes against your beliefs.

Theocracy anyone?
Oh, he'll never get my vote - way too authoritarian for my tastes. I just find that the hyperbole, the misrepresentations, and the outright lies about him need to be challenged.

I must admit I love the "gossip queen" of the board Lakhota at work. Smear, smear, smear.

That's all Lakhota does.

Somedays I think she's really Andrew Sullivan. Or a reincarnated Hedda Hopper. Or a political Perez Hilton.

Theocracy anyone?

I must admit I love the "gossip queen" of the board Lakhota at work. Smear, smear, smear.

That's all Lakhota does.

Somedays I think she's really Andrew Sullivan. Or a reincarnated Hedda Hopper. Or a political Perez Hilton.

All you have to do is offer "credible" proof that what I post is UNTRUE. Why don't you do that...?

Theocracy anyone?

That's all Lakhota does.

They are far brighter and more talented than Lahkota.

And, they are idiots.

Forum List

Back