Indiana State Rep Bob Morris (R) blasts the Girl Scouts

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Thinking about buying some Girl Scout cookies. Indiana State Representative Bob Morris would probably urge you to think again.

Morris is refusing to honor the Girl Scouts' 100th anniversary because he says it's a 'radicalized organization.'

Among other things, the AP reports:

... Morris said he found online allegations that the Girl Scouts are a tactical arm of Planned Parenthood, encourage sex and allow transgender females to join. He also wrote that the fact that first lady Michelle Obama is honorary president should give lawmakers pause before they endorse the Girl Scouts.

Bob Morris, Indiana Lawmaker, Calls Girl Scouts A 'Radicalized Organization' (VIDEO)

Here's Bob's letter to his fellow lawmakers:

Rep. Bob Morris: Girl Scouts have 'radical policies' | The Journal Gazette

I stopped supporting the Girl Scouts long ago because of this. I used to buy cookies all the time.

Now I go up to the mothers who are always there with the girls and explain why I'm not purchasing them this time.

There are some tenuous connections between the GSA and PP. See the link in my last post.

And do some googling and you will find more.

You can decide for yourself whether that is a good thing or bad thing. But I can certainly understand why some people would find that to be objectionable.

LOL, what a wacko. I bet he likes christian youth camps, no socially crippling indoctrination there.

There are some tenuous connections between the GSA and PP. See the link in my last post.

You can decide for yourself whether that is a good thing or bad thing. But I can certainly understand why some people would find that to be objectionable.

"Tenuous" is the right word for it.

"Tenuous" is the right word for it.

But there nonetheless.

I guess that is why Obama hasn't attempted to sanction them for those unhealthy cookie sales.

LOL, what a wacko. I bet he likes christian youth camps, no socially crippling indoctrination there.

Considering that Christian youth camps are by definition 'Christian', the fact that they discuss, teach, etc the Christian faith, should not really be a surprise to you.

This subjectivity is so demoniacal in nature it overwhelms the human consciousness. To look into the political ramifications of the Girl Scouts of America, Really? Why those little manipulative young ladies who led us to believe they are enjoying learning life skills ought to be imprisoned in one of our for profit prisons. They knew exactly what they were doing when they sold me those cookies, they probably drugged them too. It is the innocent uniforms with the ribbons they display with that now evident false sense of pride which threw me off. Never again I say, Never again.

Thinking about buying some Girl Scout cookies. Indiana State Representative Bob Morris would probably urge you to think again.

Morris is refusing to honor the Girl Scouts' 100th anniversary because he says it's a 'radicalized organization.'

... Morris said he found online allegations that the Girl Scouts are a tactical arm of Planned Parenthood, encourage sex and allow transgender females to join. He also wrote that the fact that first lady Michelle Obama is honorary president should give lawmakers pause before they endorse the Girl Scouts.

Bob Morris, Indiana Lawmaker, Calls Girl Scouts A 'Radicalized Organization' (VIDEO)

My daughter was a girl scout. They said the pledge, learned first aid, drawing and how our government works. I don't recall them being required to get their hair cut in mullets, listen to Melissa Etheridge or any of their classes that involved putting wallets on chains.
Wait! They DID wear vests! And everyone knows lesbians wear vests!
Holy smokes, he's right! All that First Aid and Flowers stuff was just a cover-up!
Phew! Thank goodness my daughter wasn't in that radical organization very long!

He might want to think again.

A few years ago, a friend of mine told me what went on at a Christian Youth Camp he went to. According to him, there was PLENTY of sex, drugs, and rock 'n' roll going on there.

Sounds like Christian schools.

My daughter was a girl scout. They said the pledge, learned first aid, drawing and how our government works. I don't recall them being required to get their hair cut in mullets, listen to Melissa Etheridge or any of their classes that involved putting wallets on chains.
Wait! They DID wear vests! And everyone knows lesbians wear vests!
Holy smokes, he's right! All that First Aid and Flowers stuff was just a cover-up!
Phew! Thank goodness my daughter wasn't in that radical organization very long!

I have a neighbor, and her 9 yo daughter is a girl scout. I've often picked her up after school and after girl scout meetings, and it's nothing except good clean fun. The girls get to learn how to relate to one another and be good citizens of their school and their neighborhood. Furthermore, they learn about responsibility (and business) by selling girl scout cookies.

All that Bob Morris is going to accomplish by pulling his daughters out of the GS (aside from making himself looking like a first class kook and fool) is to cause them unnecessary short term emotional harm and longer term psychological damage when they're separated from their friends with whom they've forged friendships and bonds.

And how did Morris reach his conclusions? The Internet? Did he bother to research his 'findings,' or did he just react in much the same way as someone (an immature and inexperienced child comes to mind) who reacts to an unsubstantiated rumor.

Morris can react however he pleases with his family. While he'll likely be laughed at for a long time to come for his knee-jerk reaction to an Internet story (who doesn't understand that the Internet is rife with nonsense), what's disturbing here is that Morris is a legislator who votes on issues that can affect all the citizens of his state. Hopefully, his constituents will be smart enough to vote him out of office, after they stop laughing at him, that is.

I think Bob is probably another latent homosexual RWer trying to cover.......

This is the most important issue that a conservative has raised since Mittens Romoney raised awareness about trees that aren't of the right height.

Forum List

Back