Sandra Bullock is such a class act.

I'm glad Bullock won. I thought she was terrific in The Blind Side. Very different from most characters she plays.

Sadly, I think The Blind Side was one of her weaker performances (not considering All About Steve, however). Then again, I think the Tuohey family and their story is bullshit and the book the movie was adapted from is about as much a true story as Inglourious Basterds.

But, I am glad she won. She's an incredible actress who's made some fantastic comedies over the years, and she deserves recognize. I just hate that she had to cross genre lines to get it.

Well, I'm surprised and not surprised Avatar didn't win Best Picture. I am surprised because, clearly, it's a monumental film that will change the industry. I'm not surprised because the Academy is extremely worried that movies like Avatar will put their actors out of work.

However, in the spirit of Lord of the Rings, it's not a big surprise either. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring should have won its year, but it didn't because the Academy knew it would be a trilogy. They were waiting to award it in the final film, which they did. Cameron has already announced that Avatar is a trilogy, so he may have shot himself in the foot there. Then again, Cameron doesn't care about awards. He makes movies to make movies.

I've seen The Hurt Locker, and I've seen Avatar. I've seen most of the movies in that category. Of the ones I've seen, The Hurt Locker was probably my least favorite. Up is a much better film. Precious is a much better film. Avatar is a much, much better film. The Hurt Locker was this year's Slumdog Millionaire. It's really that simple.

I'll take guns and bombs over hippie smurfs any day.

/haven't seen either one.

Then why bother posting? The Hurt Locker is a repetitive, boring movie. It's one disarming scene after another. There's no development, at all.

Sandra Bullock is mine.

Hands off.

Oh, she's from the hurt locker. I'll take that Catherine Biggalow from the Hurt Locker and you can have Bullock. She's a very pretty lady. Great body. Does she act too? I'm going to imbd her.

Katherine Bigelow is James Cameron's (Director of Avatar) ex-wife.

And now that she's the first female Driector to win Best Picture AND Best Director, she's a HUGE force to be reckoned with in Hollywood. Her per film price tag just went up by millions and millions!

Good for her, I say! :clap2: :clap2:

James Cameron is a pompous, conceited ass. It was nice to see Katherine Bigelow hand it to him on a silver platter tonight. He sure got his---in a quite public way too! :lol:

Well, I'm surprised and not surprised Avatar didn't win Best Picture. I am surprised because, clearly, it's a monumental film that will change the industry. I'm not surprised because the Academy is extremely worried that movies like Avatar will put their actors out of work.

However, in the spirit of Lord of the Rings, it's not a big surprise either. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring should have won its year, but it didn't because the Academy knew it would be a trilogy. They were waiting to award it in the final film, which they did. Cameron has already announced that Avatar is a trilogy, so he may have shot himself in the foot there. Then again, Cameron doesn't care about awards. He makes movies to make movies.

I've seen The Hurt Locker, and I've seen Avatar. I've seen most of the movies in that category. Of the ones I've seen, The Hurt Locker was probably my least favorite. Up is a much better film. Precious is a much better film. Avatar is a much, much better film. The Hurt Locker was this year's Slumdog Millionaire. It's really that simple.

I'll take guns and bombs over hippie smurfs any day.

/haven't seen either one.

Then why bother posting? The Hurt Locker is a repetitive, boring movie. It's one disarming scene after another. There's no development, at all.

Bombs and guns..

or...

Hippie smurfs.....

development not needed.

Sandra Bullock is mine.

Hands off.

Oh, she's from the hurt locker. I'll take that Catherine Biggalow from the Hurt Locker and you can have Bullock. She's a very pretty lady. Great body. Does she act too? I'm going to imbd her.

And now that she's the first female Driector to win Best Picture AND Best Director, she's a HUGE force to be reckoned with in Hollywood. Her per film price tag just went up by millions and millions!

James Cameron is a pompous, conceited ass. It was nice to see Katherine Bigelow hand it to him on a silver platter tonight. He sure got his---in a quite public way too! :lol:

Was she a director before she met him?

You have no clue what you are talking about. James Cameron campaigned for Kathryn to win Best Director, and he is just as gracious in defeat as he is in victory.

You want to talk about getting your ass handed to you? Look at the box office numbers. The Hurt Locker has made $14 million. No one has fucking seen this movie. Even Slumdog Millionaire made $141 million. The Oscars are supposed to award movies that inspire. I'd say when you have the highest grossing film of all time (15th highest when adjusted for inflation, if you so choose to do so), you've inspired more than your share of the audience. That kind of achievement is worthy of Oscar praise.

Was she a director before she met him?

Yes.

Forum List

Back