Sanctuary City Question Leaves Gibbs Stammering

It is a voluntary program. ICE wants it everywhere but they don't have the power to force any state or municipality to participate.

It is a voluntary program. ICE wants it everywhere but they don't have the power to force any state or municipality to participate.

Ravi, do you have to be hit over the god damned head before you admit an error? Show me where in ANY case a city or state has been able to opt out of a federal law. Jesus Christ you are stupid. Seriously, I didn't used to think you were the most ignorant person on this board, but this thread seals the deal, YOU'RE FUCKING RETARDED

Article VI of the COTUS

his Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Federal law trumps ALL state or local law. Which means federal agencies have jurisdiction. If this weren't the case then cities could for instance ignore the FCC and allow whatever they want to air on radio and TV, but the can't. YOU FUCKING IDIOT

Ravi Fail #26

States aren't required to enforce Federal immigration policy. States aren't free to enact laws that allow them to arrest people for violating federal immigration policy.

Not sure where the confusion lies...but obviously many of you are confused.

The confusion lies in your head.

Federal law allows state and local law enforcement to assist in enforcing immigration law. Arizona is not trying to enforce policy, and the portions of the law requiring employers to check the immigration status of the people they hire are actually required by federal law, Arizona just imposes harsher penalties on employers who violate it. The feds routinely argue that states have the right to make laws that are tougher than federal laws, even if those laws actually affect producers on a national level. They will happily file a brief in favor of California's new requirement that all eggs sold in their state come from hens with enough room to move around, even if those eggs come from outside the border of California.

Believe it or not, this is entirely a partisan and politically motivated suit, one that is opposed even by the current Democratic candidate for the governor of Arizona. If you want to maintain your reputation as a partisan hack, feel free to keep posting in favor of the suit against Arizona.

Torn in Two Different Directions - Video - FoxNews.com
Oh, Jesus...FoxNews.

A state doesn't have the jurisdiction to arrest people that are breaking federal law. They also don't have the jurisdiction to try, convict and sentence them.

They MAY assist the Feds but they cannot write laws that give them the power to implement Federal laws in this manner.
Wrong, states do have the jurisdiction to arrest people for violating federal law, they do it all the time. Stat law enforcement arrests someone commiting a felony and the federal prosecutor, a.k.a. the u.s. attorney files charges against them. Arizona can enforce federal law, all the new law does is give the state of Arizona the authority to prosecute.
Illegal is illegal. Stop defending law breakers.

I just got an e-mail about the u.s. congress passing to extend soc. sec. to illegal immigrants. Not related to this topic but it shows that maybe states need to look out for themselves because the current idiots in D.C. are not.

:rolleyes:

It is a voluntary program.

Why do you keep babbling that over and over, do you think that will make it come true? Jesus you're stupid. Post a link that says that it is voluntary to counter the linkS I've posted that show it's not.

Ravi fail #26

Federal law allows state and local law enforcement to assist in enforcing immigration law. Arizona is not trying to enforce policy, and the portions of the law requiring employers to check the immigration status of the people they hire are actually required by federal law, Arizona just imposes harsher penalties on employers who violate it. The feds routinely argue that states have the right to make laws that are tougher than federal laws, even if those laws actually affect producers on a national level. They will happily file a brief in favor of California's new requirement that all eggs sold in their state come from hens with enough room to move around, even if those eggs come from outside the border of California.

Believe it or not, this is entirely a partisan and politically motivated suit, one that is opposed even by the current Democratic candidate for the governor of Arizona. If you want to maintain your reputation as a partisan hack, feel free to keep posting in favor of the suit against Arizona.

Oh, Jesus...FoxNews.

A state doesn't have the jurisdiction to arrest people that are breaking federal law. They also don't have the jurisdiction to try, convict and sentence them.

They MAY assist the Feds but they cannot write laws that give them the power to implement Federal laws in this manner.
Wrong, states do have the jurisdiction to arrest people for violating federal law, they do it all the time. Stat law enforcement arrests someone commiting a felony and the federal prosecutor, a.k.a. the u.s. attorney files charges against them. Arizona can enforce federal law, all the new law does is give the state of Arizona the authority to prosecute.
Nope. You are incorrect. States may assist but they do not arrest or prosecute someone for committing a federal crime.

As it applies to immigration, a state or local government can detain someone, notify ICE and hold the person for a short period of time...but they may not hold them indefinitely or convict them of an immigration violation.

Why do you think Arizona passed this law anyway? They are attempting to make immigration violation a state crime so they can get around Federal law.

http://immigration.procon.org/sourc...onLawTheRoleofStateandLocalLawEnforcement.pdf

I just got an e-mail about the u.s. congress passing to extend soc. sec. to illegal immigrants. Not related to this topic but it shows that maybe states need to look out for themselves because the current idiots in D.C. are not.
Oh, my bad, I didn't realize you were a liar.

Why do you keep babbling that over and over, do you think that will make it come true? Jesus you're stupid. Post a link that says that it is voluntary to counter the linkS I've posted that show it's not.

Ravi fail #26
You haven't proven anything beyond the fact that you are stupid.

Like that stupidity you posted about having a right to yell fire in a crowded theater.

:lol:

Oh, Jesus...FoxNews.

Nope. You are incorrect. States may assist but they do not arrest or prosecute someone for committing a federal crime.

As it applies to immigration, a state or local government can detain someone, notify ICE and hold the person for a short period of time...but they may not hold them indefinitely or convict them of an immigration violation.

Why do you think Arizona passed this law anyway? They are attempting to make immigration violation a state crime so they can get around Federal law.

http://immigration.procon.org/sourc...onLawTheRoleofStateandLocalLawEnforcement.pdf

No they aren't moron. Read SB 1070 which I have posted a link to 100 times now. There is no state violation involved. They simply detain and turn over to ICE any illegals.

Ravi fail #27

Go read the bill Ravi, you look like a complete idiot refusing to even read the damned thing.

Ravi fail #26
You haven't proven anything beyond the fact that you are stupid.

Like that stupidity you posted about having a right to yell fire in a crowded theater.

:lol:

Ravi there isn't a person on this board, other than yourself, who doesn't realized I have OWNED you on this thread.

By the way , are you arguing that you DO have the right to yell fire in a crowded theater? You must be b/c clearly I said you don't and you just said I was wrong.

Ravi fail #28
Ravi fail #29

Honest, if you're in this thread and believe I owned Ravi's ass please sign this post with your thanks. if you think SHE owned me, sign one of her post with thanks.

Thank you for your time

Oh, Jesus...FoxNews.

:clap2:

:)

peace...

The Federal government cannot compel states and cities to check immigration status. You can whine, you can lie, you can cry...but that is the truth of the matter.

That is all.

Yet they do just that.

San Francisco Sheriff Wants to Opt Out of Program Reporting Undocumented Immigrants to Federal Authorities

I think that trumps your that is all with the real facts.
This is a program states and cities can chose to participate in...it is not mandatory.

Wrong again.

All law enforcement divisions will be required to comply with it, and Sam
n Francisco is now complying despite their piddly ass little law because federal law trumps city ordinances, every time.

San Mateo County sheriff starts sending fingerprints of everyone arrested to ICE - San Jose Mercury News

Yet they do just that.

San Francisco Sheriff Wants to Opt Out of Program Reporting Undocumented Immigrants to Federal Authorities

This is a program states and cities can chose to participate in...it is not mandatory.

Wrong again.

n Francisco is now complying despite their piddly ass little law because federal law trumps city ordinances, every time.

San Mateo County sheriff starts sending fingerprints of everyone arrested to ICE - San Jose Mercury News

Yo man,you're fucking up my count, make sure when you school Ravi you count it

So I'll count it for you this time

^^ Ravi fail #29

Yet they do just that.

Wrong again.

Your link doesn't work.

If SF is complying it is because the City of SF wants to comply.

Wrong again.

Your link doesn't work.

If SF is complying it is because the City of SF wants to comply.

Come on Ravi, can you just admit to being wrong about ANYTHING. The CA AG told San Fran that they were crazy and could NOT opt out.

San Francisco FORCED to Report Illegals. Too Funny. Too Weird. - Burning Atlanta

Last year, the California Dept. of Justice signed a memorandum with ICE on the S-Comm program; the cover letter indicated that counties needed to agree to the program by signing a “statement of intent.” But last week, Attorney General Brown denied the Sheriff’s request to opt out, so community and legal advocates continue to explore their options.

Let the ICE picket begin | San Francisco Bay Guardian

We are extremely disappointed by Attorney General Brown's refusal to let San Francisco opt out of this dangerous program, and by the Federal Government's continued endorsement of Police-ICE ...............

SF rights groups decry imposition of dangerous immigration check program

Ravi fail #30

So the State of California itself wants its cities to comply. Then the cities have no choice.

But the Federal government can't force states and cities to comply.

Forum List

Back