San Bernardino School Shooting

Too many murder suicide scenarios happening lately.
Domestic violence is big in this area, too. But let's arm more Americans--it's our right to shoot each other at will.
If the teacher had been armed none of this would have happened.
I believe you're joking, aren't you Tommy? Many of our elementary schools keep their doors locked now. You have to get buzzed in. It's sad, but it keeps infuriated crazies from coming in and committing mayhem.

Locked doors, did they work this time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. But a lot of school "drama" is fathers without visiting rights who try to pick up kids from school. Sometimes they come drunk or high and cause a big scene; that's not something the school secretary should have to deal with, or the kids hear.. Rather than lockdown and cops, just keep the doors locked and voila.
This guy did it in cold blood. It's sure possible that he tracked her down at school because she had protection at home, or maybe she had gone to stay with friends or in a shelter and he couldn't find her anywhere else. Too bad she didn't tell the school's office what was going on. She obviously didn't anticipate him coming there, though.

it isn't. it was domestic violence related....which is why abusers shouldn't have guns.

try again.

We agree. He was already a prohibited person IN CALIFORNIA. It was already a FELONY for him to have the gun.

Try again.

Sadly, this was exactly the kind of thug domestic violence that is all too common in communities like San Bernardino. Why this idiot had to shoot kids while he attacked his new wife is incomprehensible. I honestly suspect he was holding the gun sideways and couldn't hit what he was aiming at. This was thug culture at it's finest.

From what Ive read, it seems like a typical case of domestic violence. Dont know if there was any kind of restraining order, but she was afraid of him.
Too bad there were no metal detectors at the school, thats the only thing that might have prevent this.

I do hate turning an elementary school into a prison camp, but it IS San Bernardino.

Standard Disclamer: People in Watts look at San Bernardino and say "What a ghetto!"

It does sound absurd for an elementary school, but it would have prevented this.
This guy was known by a teacher and had signed in like everyone had to.

From what Ive read, it seems like a typical case of domestic violence. Dont know if there was any kind of restraining order, but she was afraid of him.
Too bad there were no metal detectors at the school, thats the only thing that might have prevent this.
Domestic violence doesn't usually end in murder, especially multiple. Maybe she stayed in an abusive relationship too long. I have a hard time believing he was a nice guy then suddenly went full bore ahole. Lots of gals go from one abusive relationship to another.

Obviously he wasn't a "nice guy" and had a criminal past... including another domestic violence charge.
I agree domestic violence doesn't always end in murder but it always has the potential to.

...and this "gal":rolleyes-41: was trying to get rid of this wacko.

Domestic violence doesn't usually end in murder, especially multiple. Maybe she stayed in an abusive relationship too long. I have a hard time believing he was a nice guy then suddenly went full bore ahole. Lots of gals go from one abusive relationship to another.

Obviously he wasn't a "nice guy" and had a criminal past... including another domestic violence charge.
I agree domestic violence doesn't always end in murder but it always has the potential to.

Why is gal in quotes? She wasn't a gal? I suppose murder is always possible anytime if you are going the dv is a potential murder route.

No, it's usual a shouting match. Sometimes someone gets hit. Murder is rare. Like I said, some gals are attracted to the wrong guys. (Is "guys" offensive too?) Doesn't mean she wanted it or deserved it. Picking better guys would be a better solution than pairing up with a whack job then trying to get rid of one later on. And yes, I know it isn't always obvious.

I've heard about this shooting...I'm pretty sure it was the usual maniac.
Unfortunately there's nothing the law can do to prevent things like that I guess... :(

This was a little different. It wasn't a maniac. It was a gangsta who decided that if he couldn't have his new wife, no one would. She was a teacher at the school. Had she worked at McDonalds, he would have shot her there. Cedric Anderson was a convicted felon with ties to the 9th street Crips. His wife Karen Elaine Smith had been married to him less than 6 months and there were many domestic violence calls already.

I don't understand why women are attracted to gang bangers. A teacher SHOULD be smarter than that.
Oh I thought he was just a psycopah or a maniac! :eek:
Anyways I agree with you Uncensored2008, I don't understand why some women are attracted to criminals... maybe some women think being violent, being a criminal means someone is a "alpha" male... o_O

Some lost 16 yr old maybe, but a dedicated teacher? He didnt look like a gang banger at all, he looked like an average nice guy ( at least in the pics they showed)

Why is gal in quotes? She wasn't a gal? I suppose murder is always possible anytime if you are going the dv is a potential murder route.

No, it's usual a shouting match. Sometimes someone gets hit. Murder is rare. Like I said, some gals are attracted to the wrong guys. (Is "guys" offensive too?) Doesn't mean she wanted it or deserved it. Picking better guys would be a better solution than pairing up with a whack job then trying to get rid of one later on. And yes, I know it isn't always obvious.

lol, I dont hear "gal" that often.
I think theres a clear difference between a couple in a shouting match with one ( or both lol) kicking a wall vs domestic violence when a human is the target of harm.

it isn't. it was domestic violence related....which is why abusers shouldn't have guns.

try again.

We agree. He was already a prohibited person IN CALIFORNIA. It was already a FELONY for him to have the gun.

Try again.

Sadly, this was exactly the kind of thug domestic violence that is all too common in communities like San Bernardino. Why this idiot had to shoot kids while he attacked his new wife is incomprehensible. I honestly suspect he was holding the gun sideways and couldn't hit what he was aiming at. This was thug culture at it's finest.

I do hate turning an elementary school into a prison camp, but it IS San Bernardino.

Standard Disclamer: People in Watts look at San Bernardino and say "What a ghetto!"

It does sound absurd for an elementary school, but it would have prevented this.
This guy was known by a teacher and had signed in like everyone had to.
It's NOT at all like a 'prison camp' or 'absurd' to have the doors locked. Like I said, a lot of schools around here do it and the only nuisance is for visitors who have to wait to be buzzed in. This guy likely would have been buzzed in, though, unless the teacher had alerted the office he shouldn't be let in.

try again.

Yup. I thought San Bernardino was a gun free zone???

Bet some of the people in that gun free zone wished they had guns to defend themselves with.

Yeah, like that 8 year old special needs student....
You have a funny way of leaving. Why does every shooting become a gun debate for libs? The 2nd A isn't going away for the foreseeable future with Gorsuch on the bench. Not enough libs there to remove our rights.

Future mass murders are celebrating everywhere!
We've always had guns. Leftists corrupt societies then need oppression to try and cure it. Liberals need answers they can touch.

Gotcha. The Rights need guns to shoot the Lefts. That is pretty much they way I remember it when I was growing up in Georgia in the 1950's....

What a cliché. Some moron shoots someone and people start blaming guns LOL.
Oy vey
WTF are they supposed to blame?
When I was a baby, mom gave me oj for the first time and I was screaming with a belly ache in an hour. She said my dad walked the floor with me saying "Goddamned orange juice, there, there, okay, goddamned orange juice" for hours. It's a normal reaction if you're not a libertarian.
ummm the people?
The gun is an inanimate object. To blame it is the perfect example of a fallacy.
If you got hit by a drunk driver, do you think I am going to blame the driver, or the car?
That is a highly stupid argument. Guns have only one purpose, _(insert your choice of name I won't call you here)___. Guns are to kill people. So yes, I can blame them for the fact that they were used to kill someone. Duh.
And animals. Its not the gun fault some loon uses it to kill someone. Especially innocent children.
Do you think I am going to blame the driver or the car?
If a child somehow gets its hand on its fathers gun collection and shoots itself, are you blaming the gun or the irresponsible parents that deserve prison time?
Its not the gun fault some loon uses it to kill someone.
That quote just entered my Hall of Stupid quotes list. Hate to criticize you, but c'mon, TN. :lmao:

Okay, here's a hypothetical:

You're locked in a room with a kitten and a loaded .45. Which one is more dangerous to you?

try again.

Yeah, like that 8 year old special needs student....
You have a funny way of leaving. Why does every shooting become a gun debate for libs? The 2nd A isn't going away for the foreseeable future with Gorsuch on the bench. Not enough libs there to remove our rights.

We've always had guns. Leftists corrupt societies then need oppression to try and cure it. Liberals need answers they can touch.

Gotcha. The Rights need guns to shoot the Lefts. That is pretty much they way I remember it when I was growing up in Georgia in the 1950's....

WTF are they supposed to blame?
When I was a baby, mom gave me oj for the first time and I was screaming with a belly ache in an hour. She said my dad walked the floor with me saying "Goddamned orange juice, there, there, okay, goddamned orange juice" for hours. It's a normal reaction if you're not a libertarian.
ummm the people?
The gun is an inanimate object. To blame it is the perfect example of a fallacy.
If you got hit by a drunk driver, do you think I am going to blame the driver, or the car?
That is a highly stupid argument. Guns have only one purpose, _(insert your choice of name I won't call you here)___. Guns are to kill people. So yes, I can blame them for the fact that they were used to kill someone. Duh.
And animals. Its not the gun fault some loon uses it to kill someone. Especially innocent children.
If a child somehow gets its hand on its fathers gun collection and shoots itself, are you blaming the gun or the irresponsible parents that deserve prison time?
That quote just entered my Hall of Stupid quotes list. Hate to criticize you, but c'mon, TN. :lmao:

You're locked in a room with a kitten and a loaded .45. Which one is more dangerous to you?
You've lost me, Marion.

try again.

ummm the people?

You've lost me, Marion.

If you're locked in a room with a kitten and a loaded pistol, which is more likely to hurt you?

Domestic violence is big in this area, too. But let's arm more Americans--it's our right to shoot each other at will.
People drive drunk every day. Should we restrict the booze or the cars?
Guns should be restricted.
Whatever. Your position is based on emotion & nothing more. As such it's not worth debating you.

try again.

You've lost me, Marion.

If you're locked in a room with a kitten and a loaded pistol, which is more likely to hurt you?
The kitten! Unless you hurt yourself.

lol, I dont hear "gal" that often.
I think theres a clear difference between a couple in a shouting match with one ( or both lol) kicking a wall vs domestic violence when a human is the target of harm.
Gal and guy are still common terms around here. You really missed my point though.

People drive drunk every day. Should we restrict the booze or the cars?
Guns should be restricted.
Whatever. Your position is based on emotion & nothing more. As such it's not worth debating you.
Tell that to every other civilized nation in the world, who restrict guns and have FAR lower innocent lives lost to gun deaths than we do. Emotional know nothings? The proof is in the pudding.

NewsWest9 reports Cedric Anderson, the San Bernardino elementary school killer,had a restraining order, obtained by his former wife that made purchase or possession of the murder weapon unlawful under the Lautenberg Amendment.

Briefly quoting the NewsWest report linked above:

The New York Daily News reports (San Bernardino school shooter had sordid past of violent threats ) Tuesday that Natalie Anderson filed for the restraining order against her then-husband Cedric Anderson in Los Angeles in 1996.

She wrote in court documents that Cedric wanted her to pay for their divorce, and when she refused, he told her that “we would all die, me the kids and himself.”

Since Lautenberg violations never expire,Cedric Charles Anderson of Riverside, California was permanently barred from gun ownership or possession.

I'm not saying any of this is true, but if it is then you have to wonder how this guy got his hands on a gun.

Forum List

Back