Sallow's kidney stone adventure.

have you passed the offending stone....cause if not...i hate to tell you this...the stone is just not in position to hurt....but it will be

its amusing that men think a kidney stone is worse than childbirth....get back to me when you have passed an 8 lb stone lol

Ask any woman who has had bad kidney stones.
And the comparison in size is obviously and totally irrelevant.
When your vaginal cavity is not expandable and is the circumference of spaghetti, and your baby has numerous spikes and thorns...get back to me.

My sympathy on the stone. I have passed about 6. Lots of pain the worst is it feels like a pair of vice grips on your nuts when you go into full blockage mode.

I've never had one....but I have had some lower back pain from being dehydrated.

Kidney stones are usually caused from not taking in enough fluids. Some people say it's caused from drinking too many diuretics like iced tea. It's mostly caused by an imbalance of minerals in the urinary tract.

The best prevention I know for kidney stones is drinking lemon juice on a regular basis or using lemon juice over a tossed salad instead of vinegar dressing. . Also if you have hard water don't drink it from the tap. Anyone with recurring kidney stones should drink distilled water.

have you passed the offending stone....cause if not...i hate to tell you this...the stone is just not in position to hurt....but it will be

Not sure really. Haven't seen it or felt it. But the doctor had given me a strainer to look for it. Heh. Haven't used it yet.

But I also have a good deal of medicine to deal with pain..should the need arise. :eusa_whistle:

its amusing that men think a kidney stone is worse than childbirth....get back to me when you have passed an 8 lb stone lol

When your vaginal cavity is not expandable and is the circumference of spaghetti, and your baby has numerous spikes and thorns...get back to me.

i worked at er admitting.......people would come in screaming...men saying they were dying......grabbing at the nurse begging her to save them...it was normally stones...but douger is right they can break them up quickly.....which beats going up there with a little basket and scooping them out.....

friend of mine had to have his urethra split open and scar tissue removed.....for a year he could not have an erection ......it was funny to see him in the corner huffing some type of thing to prevent them.....like smelling salts....

i worked at er admitting.......people would come in screaming...men saying they were dying......grabbing at the nurse begging her to save them...it was normally stones...but douger is right they can break them up quickly.....which beats going up there with a little basket and scooping them out.....

Hell no...I refuse to have the basket. That is worse than having the stone. Walking around with a damn straw stuck up you penis with a string on it...feeling like you have to piss a water tower 24 hours a day is not for me.
I had that done twice...they should have done this to terrorist rather than water board them...after pissing acid rain for 24 hours...they'll be singing like birds

Try passing a stone with razor-blades all over it out of your pee-hole.

pee hole...really mudd? pee hole......i have an urethra....pee hole...why do i even bother....why?

No kidding. We both have one. Men's are longer......some of us have longer urethras then others. Yours is only 4 cm in length.

Now while you're busy jumping to conclusions imagine having a hole to piss out that is smaller in width but in most cases twice as long. Yours is straight while in men it has twists and turns shaped like an S. So the stone has farther to travel and has to negotiate a couple of bends....ripping holes in the walls of the urethra as it goes.

Hell no...I refuse to have the basket. That is worse than having the stone. Walking around with a damn straw stuck up you penis with a string on it...feeling like you have to piss a water tower 24 hours a day is not for me.
I had that done twice...they should have done this to terrorist rather than water board them...after pissing acid rain for 24 hours...they'll be singing like birds

A good case of the Clap would do the same thing.

Guys would bend pipes from the pain. Thank God I never got that stuff.

Ewww, so sorry for the stoneage. Hopefully it's passed by now.

Can't they break it up via laser so it passes more quickly and easily? I thought that's what they did rather than just let it works its way out on its own?

And BTW Sallow........

It is disturbing to me that your doctor doesn't know if it is still in you??
If you are still having flank pain then without question you still have the stone, and it is large enough to cause back pressure in the kidney tissue - the kidney is extremely sensitive to pressure coming from the ureter. Prolonged pressure can and will damage kidney tissue...and that is bad.
If your pain is more on your side than your flank, then the stone has exited the kidney and is stuck in the ureter. Not nearly as serious as the kidney pressure - but it can and will cause a UTI if it doesn't move along.
If your pain is in your front, usually below your stomach - accompanied by a feeling of having to go to the bathroom a lot - then the stone is near the bladder - but not in the bladder. Once the stone reaches the bladder the pain will totally disappear until that 1/2 second needle-like pain when it finally exits.
If your pain is much lower, with a strong desire to go to the bathroom and a burning sensation in your little man - then the stone is lodged in your uretha - not good...this will almost always result in an infection. However your uretha tube is much larger and straighter than the ureter so if you drink copious amount of liquids you will highly likely dislodge it and get it the hell out of you.

At any rate...don't let this thing hang around if you are still in pain. Got to a urologist.

And BTW Sallow........

It is disturbing to me that your doctor doesn't know if it is still in you??
If you are still having flank pain then without question you still have the stone, and it is large enough to cause back pressure in the kidney tissue - the kidney is extremely sensitive to pressure coming from the ureter. Prolonged pressure can and will damage kidney tissue...and that is bad.
If your pain is more on your side than your flank, then the stone has exited the kidney and is stuck in the ureter. Not nearly as serious as the kidney pressure - but it can and will cause a UTI if it doesn't move along.
If your pain is in your front, usually below your stomach - accompanied by a feeling of having to go to the bathroom a lot - then the stone is near the bladder - but not in the bladder. Once the stone reaches the bladder the pain will totally disappear until that 1/2 second needle-like pain when it finally exits.
If your pain is much lower, with a strong desire to go to the bathroom and a burning sensation in your little man - then the stone is lodged in your uretha - not good...this will almost always result in an infection. However your uretha tube is much larger and straighter than the ureter so if you drink copious amount of liquids you will highly likely dislodge it and get it the hell out of you.

At any rate...don't let this thing hang around if you are still in pain. Got to a urologist.

I plan on it.

Thanks.

are you saying i got a small uretha? are you?

but seems you are right men have longer damn longer ones...8 inches

8 inches when it's flaccid.

When it's hard it's longer.......but then again it's difficult to pee with morning wood.

Yep...the old' one armed lean-to urination...legs slightly spread apart..whole body leaning at about 60-70 degrees toward the toilet, with one arm - straight like you are blocking a tackler - and the other arm...well...

Forum List

Back