Salesforce Is Helping Employees Get Out Of Indiana

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Salesforce is stepping up its opposition to Indiana’s controversial religious-freedom law.

The cloud computing company said Wednesday it is helping employees who are uncomfortable with the law, which allows business owners to discriminate against LGBT people, transfer out of the state.

“I just got an email on the way to the studio from another employee who said, ‘Look, I don’t feel comfortable living in this state any more, you have to move me out,’” CEO Marc Benioff, who helped lead a corporate boycott against Indiana last week, told CNN’s Poppy Harlow. “I gave him a $50,000 relocation package and said, ‘Great, you’re clear to go.’”

Salesforce confirmed that it has helped several workers arrange plans to leave Indiana.

"Our employees in Indy started a grassroots effort that led us to take a stand against this law," Scott McCorkle, chief executive of the company's Indianapolis-based marketing cloud division, said in a statement to The Huffington Post on Thursday. "As a result of this law, a few employees have asked to relocate and we supported those requests. This is not unusual for Salesforce."

More: Salesforce Is Helping Employees Get Out Of Indiana

Wow, companies like Salesforce are helping to restore my faith in capitalism.

The PC Police must love the fact that the good people of Indiana may be hurt by this whole episode.

That's how zealots are -- collateral damage is just a part of the war.

Mac will call them the PC police because you arent allowed to disagree with Mac

While other people will call SalesForce "the left". The right doesnt like to be confused so if everyone can be "the left" they already have a clip full of zingers ready.

Business zingers? Clip is empty

They are only concerned with businesses leaving when it has to do with taxes don't cha know

Wait where are they going? I see they are promoting work in Chicago...which has the same law already in place.

Salesforce is stepping up its opposition to Indiana’s controversial religious-freedom law.

The cloud computing company said Wednesday it is helping employees who are uncomfortable with the law, which allows business owners to discriminate against LGBT people, transfer out of the state.

“I just got an email on the way to the studio from another employee who said, ‘Look, I don’t feel comfortable living in this state any more, you have to move me out,’” CEO Marc Benioff, who helped lead a corporate boycott against Indiana last week, told CNN’s Poppy Harlow. “I gave him a $50,000 relocation package and said, ‘Great, you’re clear to go.’”

Salesforce confirmed that it has helped several workers arrange plans to leave Indiana.

"Our employees in Indy started a grassroots effort that led us to take a stand against this law," Scott McCorkle, chief executive of the company's Indianapolis-based marketing cloud division, said in a statement to The Huffington Post on Thursday. "As a result of this law, a few employees have asked to relocate and we supported those requests. This is not unusual for Salesforce."

Fuck 'em... Dynamics CRM is overtaking them anyway.

:lol:

what? all three of them...screw them. I never heard of them before so I'd say a majority of MIDDLE America probably hasn't either

LOSERS...shun them and whatever the hell it is they do....

I think you people (sales or we will force ourselves on you, the op and his ilk) are born with black hearts...it's too bad you have to spread it on the rest of us

Last edited:

The PC Police must love the fact that the good people of Indiana may be hurt by this whole episode.

That's how zealots are -- collateral damage is just a part of the war.

Mac will call them the PC police because you arent allowed to disagree with Mac

While other people will call SalesForce "the left". The right doesnt like to be confused so if everyone can be "the left" they already have a clip full of zingers ready.

Business zingers? Clip is empty

Mac?, as in Apple?

Has that protest started yet?

If we announce that the law effects the entire nation....I hope these people will leave the United States.

Forum List

Back