Salad dressing, unrefrigerated...

Just smell it. If it's bad it'll let you know.

Processed food is so drugged up with preservatives anyway, it's prolly fine.

I generally keep salad dressings refriged, but there's other stuff some people do, some don't. I've never refrigerated mustard or nut butter.

I fridge OPENED nut butter and mustard-------but not soy sauce

According to what I'm reading, nut butters can be treated like cooking oils...mustards are good for at least two months without refrigeration.

I generally keep salad dressings refriged, but there's other stuff some people do, some don't. I've never refrigerated mustard or nut butter.

That's what I am working on... what will last a few days if the power goes out at my folks place...too much rain already in their neck of the woods already, and they're in the 8" zone from Florence.

Are they out this way?

I'm in the mountains of western NC. My forecast even with the track headed straight to my house says we peak out at 20 mph winds, less than we get on a winter night.

That's what I am working on... what will last a few days if the power goes out at my folks place...too much rain already in their neck of the woods already, and they're in the 8" zone from Florence.

Are they out this way?

I'm in the mountains of western NC. My forecast even with the track headed straight to my house says we peak out at 20 mph winds, less than we get on a winter night.

Maryland...they already have water over the road at their place.

Are they out this way?

It can't be from Florence then. She's still out at sea.
Coastal Maryland I take it? I suspect by the time they see any effect Flo's Mo is slowed. And probably to the south of them:

032641_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

The rain forecast does call for 2-4" for the whole state of MD (here too) but it's wind that spurs power outages.

with all the poison Mexican tortilla and burrito and shit

and people get sick ....vomiting...and all that

better eat nothing

better eat only what you bought in the supermarket

only eat what you cook

better eat nothing

only eat what you cook

Is this a dream journal?

Are they out this way?

Coastal Maryland I take it? I suspect by the time they see any effect Flo's Mo is slowed. And probably to the south of them:

No...just regular weather. They're on a mountain, so flooding isn't an issue...the problem is the ground is so saturated, the tree roots are giving way, knocking down power lines. Thanks for the track...that's better (for them) than the last one I saw.

How much rain are you guys going to get?

Are they out this way?

No...just regular weather. They're on a mountain, so flooding isn't an issue...the problem is the ground is so saturated, the tree roots are giving way, knocking down power lines. Thanks for the track...that's better (for them) than the last one I saw.

Rigjt now about 2 to 4 inches, same as Maryland. My ground isn't really saturated though, it's rained the last couple of days but before that was dry a while.

032641WPCQPF_sm.gif

That track, if it just makes a very slight right turn I'll get the eye. :eusa_dance:

better eat nothing

only eat what you cook

Last week I figured I'd cook my own chili at home rather than spend at the Mexican restaurant.

Bad idea. That's all I'm gonna say. :eusa_silenced:

better eat nothing

only eat what you cook

Last week I figured I'd cook my own chili at home rather than spend at the Mexican restaurant.

good

so cook your own chill/food/dinner

it is what it is

better eat nothing

only eat what you cook

good

so cook your own chill/food/dinner

it is what it is

That's what I did.
Should have just gone to the restaurant. :puke:

all mayonaise all that shit ,,,sorry ,,,,all that words' all that yes

you put in the fridge

Believe it or not, the Association for Dressings and Sauces states commercial mayonaise is shelf stable after opening...that refrigeration is for quality...not safety.

Q. What happens if I leave mayonnaise unrefrigerated for a long period of time?

A. From a food safety standpoint, commercial mayonnaise and mayonnaise-type dressings are perfectly stable when stored at room temperature after opening. Quality (e.g., flavor, taste, aroma), not safety, is the only reason the labels on these products suggest that they be refrigerated after opening. Refrigeration ensures that the commercial mayonnaise keeps its fresh flavor for a longer period of time. Please review the product's label for more information on storage and shelf life.
Make Mine Mayonnaise!: The Goodness of Mayonnaise

I've read this before, but it's just to ingrained to break the conditioning.

I do have UPS backup here in case of power failure. Not sure it would run a refrigerator, but come to think of it the only time we have power outages here is in winter so it's not an issue.

all mayonaise all that shit ,,,sorry ,,,,all that words' all that yes

you put in the fridge

Believe it or not, the Association for Dressings and Sauces states commercial mayonaise is shelf stable after opening...that refrigeration is for quality...not safety.

Q. What happens if I leave mayonnaise unrefrigerated for a long period of time?

A. From a food safety standpoint, commercial mayonnaise and mayonnaise-type dressings are perfectly stable when stored at room temperature after opening. Quality (e.g., flavor, taste, aroma), not safety, is the only reason the labels on these products suggest that they be refrigerated after opening. Refrigeration ensures that the commercial mayonnaise keeps its fresh flavor for a longer period of time. Please review the product's label for more information on storage and shelf life.
Make Mine Mayonnaise!: The Goodness of Mayonnaise

I've read this before, but it's just to ingrained to break the conditioning.

That makes sense. I've never seen mayonnaise spoil. "Refrigerate after opening" is often more a suggestion than a safety rule.

Are they out this way?

Rigjt now about 2 to 4 inches, same as Maryland. My ground isn't really saturated though, it's rained the last couple of days but before that was dry a while.

032641WPCQPF_sm.gif

That track, if it just makes a very slight right turn I'll get the eye. :eusa_dance:

Don't like the sound of that.

I do have UPS backup here in case of power failure. Not sure it would run a refrigerator, but come to think of it the only time we have power outages here is in winter so it's not an issue.

Harbor Freight time.

Forum List

Back