Saddam's daughter wants International Trial

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
His daughter Raghad (... yes... I got a chuckle too) states she wants him to be tried internationally. She believes the U.S. drugged him prior to capture to explain why he looked so ragged. Unbelieveable.

She says:

“I am really proud that this man is my father. We all know the reason why he was displayed in the way he was. Where is the democracy, where is the immunity that presidents enjoy?”

Not once does she mention the thousands of people he killed, including her own husband. I think the whole family could use a nice dose of Lithium.

Link to article

His daughter Raghad (... yes... I got a chuckle too) states she wants him to be tried internationally. She believes the U.S. drugged him prior to capture to explain why he looked so ragged. Unbelieveable.

So that he can live with Milosevek?

An alternative theory Not the most reliable source, but on the money over 50% of the time. Perhaps he 'was' drugged, but not by US...

Raghad:
“I am really proud that this man is my father. We all know the reason why he was displayed in the way he was. Where is the democracy, where is the immunity that presidents enjoy?”

Not sure where the 'democracy' is, that she is claiming in her father's name. Maybe the little girlie, who now is so proud of the man who killed her husband, didn't know he is a fascist dictator? A little late to clamour for 'democracy.'

Saddam should be tried by the Iraqis, by their laws, and punished by their laws. Somewhere today I saw a column that suggested 'stoning' by 1 relative of all that were killed under his regime. While the line would stretch miles and he would be dead before the end, those in line could at least have the satisfaction of some retribution.

Immunity? What the hell is she talking about? I don't think he'll be getting immunity any time soon.

I am really proud that this man is my father

Oh brother! Whatever happened to being proud of people for their positive achievements and things they have done for their community? Saying she still loves him I could understand. Being proud of him baffles me.

A Daughter that truly will stand by her Dad, even though he is a nut case and killed many. Drugged him before capture, that's surely reaching. I think they should display him were his statue once stood and let the people from Iraq do what they want to him.

As a WSJ editorial reminded me this morning, the Arab culture is the quintessential shame/honor based culture. Obviously, the ruler of Iraq looking as haggard and tired as he did was the ultimate shame for his supporters and family. So it makes sense that those people would try to make excuses, including shifting the blame for his looks to the US.

Forum List

Back