Sad Commentary on our direction as a Nation

You go ahead and tell yourself that if you want. The fact of the matter is, broken homes create a huge vacuum. Children from broken, non-traditional homes are at higher risk for drug addiction, sexual molestation, assault, you name it.

But go ahead and keep telling yourself the kid growing up in a stable, 2-parent, heterosexual Christian household is at as high a risk as the kid growing up in a single parent household where a series of different, temporary sexual partners parade in and out the front door and where morality has no place in family discussion.

Oh, but you claimed it was all a result of people ridiculing christianity. What happened to that part of your fallacious argument?

No, you loon, I don't believe any of those things. I'm a single mother, too. My world is definitely not narrow. I'm not the one assigning thoughts and feelings (incorrectly) to others based solely on my own narrow vision of what I THINK their faith means.

So we're changing from hating Christians because they "force" their religion on others, to stating we just have a problem with the way it's "presented".

I don't badger people into believing anything, never have never will. I defend my own belief from assholes who call me a "nutter" a "bible thumper" and "narrow minded" without having so much of a glimmer into what I'm about. I defend myself from assholes who ask me what I believe, then start screaming that I'm trying to "force" my religion down their throat when I state my beliefs.

I believe abortion is wrong. I believe our government is wrong in promoting it, and I don't believe that is the government's job. Do I think women who have aborted are morally bankrupt? Have I ever said that? I don't believe I have. I have said I pity women who are lulled into believing it's a good choice by a government and a loud-mouthed pack of progressive teachers who tell our children that it's a good choice, devoid of any sort of repercussion. I pray for women who have had abortions (and this isn't impersonal, believe me) and I have no intention of saying here or anywhere else that I know what, if any, price they will ultimately pay. I have no idea. I just know that at its core it's wrong. And it's wrong to tell people otherwise.

That's not forcing anythign down anyone's throat. I get so sick of progressives who will screech their own hideous beliefs all over the place, and are insulting when they do it...who cry "foul!" when some person DARES to voice an opinion that is different from theirs.

Newsflash. Just because somebody has a different opinion doesn't mean they're 1. forcing it down your throat, or 2. narrow minded.

That's just rhetoric.

Then you must also understand that as you present your beliefs .. as is your right to do .. others have every right to shun and even disrespect that which you believe .. just as with anyother topic or comment.

There is nothing sacrosanct about religion on a mesage board.

Still not answering the question. Who on this board has ever said we should legislate religion?

Other than the libs, that is.

Also .. along with your religious beliefs, your political beliefs are clearly obvious.

I for one have had enough of christian hypocritical thinking about fake ass "morality."

Surely you're not surprised that many don't have much tolerance for that bullshit.

Then you must also understand that as you present your beliefs .. as is your right to do .. others have every right to shun and even disrespect that which you believe .. just as with anyother topic or comment.

There is nothing sacrosanct about religion on a mesage board.

I didn't say there was. My objection is to the morons who claim that a person voicing their religious beliefs is, by virtue of stating those beliefs, in any way trying to "force" those beliefs down anyone's throat.

Last edited:
Really? I said that? Where? Go ahead and provide a quote.

Originally Posted by AllieBaba
Look at the statistics, and you can answer your own stupid questions. I know that since you and your chums started ridiculing Christianity and traditional values, the standard of living in America, the incidence of child murder, abuse, and gang membership have sky rocketed. You do the math.

I didn't say there was. My objection is to the morons who claim that a person voicing their religious beliefs is, by way of stating those beliefs, is in any way trying to "force" those beliefs down anyone's throat.

Who is doing that?

Oh, but you claimed it was all a result of people ridiculing christianity. What happened to that part of your fallacious argument?

As your quote above shows, I did NOT say it was all a result of people ridiculing Christianity. I said ridiculing Christianity and eschewing traditional values has resulted in the moral decline of our country.

The only religious people I have seen mocked and ridiculed are the disrespectful, selfish ones who insist on forcing their religion on others. The respectful people who practice their religion without grandstanding and who treat others the way they want to be treated (sorta like that guy Jesus taught) are applauded.

If you really want to examine a nosedive in morals, look at the fundamentalist part of many religions. Child molesting, sex scandals, extortion, lying, cheating and those are just the clergy!

The same could be said of the Democratic party.

Case in point.

Tell me who on this board is disrespectful, selfish, and forcing their religion upon others.

Sharing your beliefs with others doesn't count.

When I'm telling you about my religion I'm sharing it with you, and you ought to be grateful to me for trying to save you

But when you're telling me about yours, you're forcing it on me, and you ought to be ashamed for trying to shake my faith in the one true religion.

You haven't figured that out yet, pilgrim?

Look at the statistics, and you can answer your own stupid questions. I know that since you and your chums started ridiculing Christianity and traditional values, the standard of living in America, the incidence of child murder, abuse, and gang membership have sky rocketed. You do the math.

Well, the reporting of child murder and abuse have gone up. There was a lot of gang membership in the 20's and 30's as well.

Sadly (for you) it's impossible to prove whether the increase is due to increased reporting, or increased occurrences. I would chance that it's a combination of the two.

Let me think..the 20s and 30s...when drinking became illegal because liberal minded tee totalers decided it was time to force everyone to abide by their rules.
The years that Margaret Sanger (that bastion of eugenics, ethnic cleansing and forced sterilization/abortions of the poor) began her crusade to eliminate the poor and the minority classes using abortion and birth control....

...When divorce became acceptable, women started to dress and act like whores....

Well thanks for making my point.

Sadly (for you) it's impossible to prove whether the increase is due to increased reporting, or increased occurrences. I would chance that it's a combination of the two.

Let me think..the 20s and 30s...when drinking became illegal because liberal minded tee totalers decided it was time to force everyone to abide by their rules.
The years that Margaret Sanger (that bastion of eugenics, ethnic cleansing and forced sterilization/abortions of the poor) began her crusade to eliminate the poor and the minority classes using abortion and birth control....

...When divorce became acceptable, women started to dress and act like whores....

Well thanks for making my point.

Really? Read this...........

Carrie A. Nation (November 25, 1846 – June 9, 1911) was a member of the temperance movement—which opposed alcohol in pre-Prohibition America—particularly noted for promoting her viewpoint through vandalism. On many occasions, Nation would enter an alcohol-serving establishment and attack the bar with a hatchet. She has been the topic of numerous books, articles and even a 1966 opera by Douglas Moore, first performed at the University of Kansas.

Nation was a large woman nearly 6 feet (180 cm) tall and weighing 175 pounds (80 kg). She described herself as "a bulldog running along at the feet of Jesus, barking at what He doesn't like,"[1] and claimed a divine ordination to promote temperance by smashing up bars.

The spelling of her first name is ambiguous and both Carrie and Carry are considered correct. Official records say Carrie which Nation used most of her life, but Carry was used by her father in the family Bible. Upon beginning her campaign against liquor in the early 20th century, she adopted the name Carry A. Nation mainly for its value as a slogan, and had it registered as a trademark in the state of Kansas.

So please.......tell me again......how are "liberal minded teetotalers responsible for prohibition"?

See? Even though I wanted to call you names the last time, I resisted......

I also resisted this time.........

How is Bass POSSIBLY better or more civil than me?

As your quote above shows, I did NOT say it was all a result of people ridiculing Christianity. I said ridiculing Christianity and eschewing traditional values has resulted in the moral decline of our country.

You're contradicting yourself.

Forum List

Back