Sad Commentary on our direction as a Nation

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Chris67, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Chris67

Chris67 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm one of a great many completely discouraged about our economy and the shape our country is in. I'm especially saddened when I think of the shape of our country morally.

I read this article and cannot agree with the author any more as he or she hit the nail on the head.

google husbandtribe dot com under "news and opinion". Well worth the quick search.

After reading it, does anyone see how our country can shape up in our lifetime or am I being too critical?

2. YWN666

YWN666 Freelance Beer Tester Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +458
    I think it depends on how you look at it. Our economy isn't the best but it has been much worse. As far as morality, we have our problems but would you rather live back in the "good old days" when african-americans were lynched and spousal and child abuse and drunk driving were pretty much ignored? People lied back then as much as they do now. Maybe those good old days weren't so good.

3. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    If you pick apart the traditional family, and sneer at traditional family values such as belief in God, the sanctity of marriage and life and living honorably and with your vision turned outward, towards the good of others, instead of inward....then you are going to have a crisis.

And we're having it. Traditional families are no longer respected or seen as things of value. They are being supplanted by non-traditional families; i.e., families headed by homosexuals. People for the past 40 years have been encouraged to "find themselves" at the cost of their families, and to walk away from their families at the first sign of difficulty or less than perfect happiness...and then are encouraged to play the field and bring serial partners into the family home, where their children are exposed.

Religion, particularly Christianity, has been labeled as "extremism" by progressives and it has become the accepted thing to mock and ridicule those who adhere to a specific religion (except Islam, of course. They get all sorts of respect) or who dare to declare a belief in God. Despite the best efforts of the religious right to maintain religion separate from government, the left insists on trying to legislate religion; attempting to identify biblical text as "hate speech" and attempting to remove the tax free status of churches..forcing them into "business" and thus removing any strictures which remain which keep the churches separate from our government.

Add to this the fact that our children are encouraged to experiment with sex, are taught that there's no such thing as "bad" sex, and provided with sex counseling, contraceptives, and abortion clinic information, while at the same time the schools are attacking the family if and when children choose to marry instead of abort....while at the same time the abortion clinics refuse to research who, exactly, is getting these young girls pregnant and holding them accountable for their (often) illegal behavior.

Of course our morals suck and life has no meaning. The liberal progressives have been calling the shots. You want it to end? Get rid of them and quit shrugging your shoulders at their outrageous behavior.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. YWN666

YWN666 Freelance Beer Tester Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +458

The only religious people I have seen mocked and ridiculed are the disrespectful, selfish ones who insist on forcing their religion on others. The respectful people who practice their religion without grandstanding and who treat others the way they want to be treated (sorta like that guy Jesus taught) are applauded.

If you really want to examine a nosedive in morals, look at the fundamentalist part of many religions. Child molesting, sex scandals, extortion, lying, cheating and those are just the clergy!

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,730

who are these people? Other than Jehovah Witness's I have never met any religous people who insis on forcing thier religion on other people. who are these people of whom you speak.

6. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    Allie, you are a nutter.
    :cuckoo:

7. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Case in point.

Tell me who on this board is disrespectful, selfish, and forcing their religion upon others.

Sharing your beliefs with others doesn't count.

8. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Yes. Thank you. Another case in point. A perfect example of a liberal progressive who labels those who value life and has respect for traditional values as a "nutter".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Otter_Creek

Otter_Creek worst president ever

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +144
    I think they mean by "Forcing" their religion on others, is those who have the audacity to post their faith on a message board such as this one.

I think silence will agree ... off with their heads!!

10. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    it's the way your present your "traditional" values Allie which is your right to do as you please

I live in a "non-traditional" household. I am a single mother. I've been single since before my daughter was born. You would have me believe that it's MY fault that people do the things they do? simply because I'm not married with the white picket fence and a dog named spot!

To you, believing in the right to choose = moral bankruptcy. Believing that people love who they love and shouldn't be punished for loving another person = moral failure.

You live in a world that is so narrow that I'm not sure how you don't suffocate.

The God I believe in tells me it's not MY job to judge others. I'm here to offer support if needed and wisdom if asked. I share my faith if someone is so inclined to inquire about it. I do not carry a bible nor do I advertise my beliefs except insomuch as I have a tattoo of the fisher of men symbol on my wrist (which is a conversation starter for sure). I'm open and honest about my faith in God but I do not feel the need to badger people into believing what I believe. People come to God in their own time and in their own way when they are ready. I trust that God knows what He is doing and I don't second guess Him.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008