Sacked vegan brings landmark discrimination case

That isn't right and if they did that, I would never donate a dime.
Why would you donate to them? Are you against animal cruelty?

Define animal cruelty.
Bullfighting, for example. But it would help if you read the stuff in thread instead of just posting nonsense.

Bullfighting and killing animals for sport, I am against. You are asking personal questions, so I want clarification. As you know on this board people tend to twist words. You are the one that brought up the rest. I am still not believing Vegans are any type of religion.
I also don't believe it is a religion. Just like not believing in killing or stealing is not a religion, it's just a moral set of beliefs.

You should still read the posts and links when going into a thread.

I did, not sure why you wondered why I throw money at Trump when that wasn’t the issue.

Why would you donate to them? Are you against animal cruelty?

Define animal cruelty.
Bullfighting, for example. But it would help if you read the stuff in thread instead of just posting nonsense.

Bullfighting and killing animals for sport, I am against. You are asking personal questions, so I want clarification. As you know on this board people tend to twist words. You are the one that brought up the rest. I am still not believing Vegans are any type of religion.
I also don't believe it is a religion. Just like not believing in killing or stealing is not a religion, it's just a moral set of beliefs.

You should still read the posts and links when going into a thread.

I did, not sure why you wondered why I throw money at Trump when that wasn’t the issue.
Just an example why someone might want to avoid giving to two differing causes at the same time.

Who cares about veganism. They only it produce in its raw form. You can't cook it or bake it. They don't consume any type of dairy because they believe that it is disrespecting the animal that it has came from. But they consume honey that bees works so hard storing up for themselves. But they comes in and take it away from them without their permission. They are nothing but hoodlums that raids other creatures' refrigerators. Takes what doesn't belongs to them.

There is so much wrong in that paragraph, I don't know where to begin. Are you claiming vegans eat only raw food? If so, that is flatly incorrect, where did you get that from? There are some vegans who eat raw only, but that is not veganism, that is just a subset.

And no, vegans don't eat honey. At least the overwhelming majority don't. "Hoodlums that raid others refrigerators?" :laugh2: What on earth are you talking about?

Who cares about veganism. They only it produce in its raw form. You can't cook it or bake it. They don't consume any type of dairy because they believe that it is disrespecting the animal that it has came from. But they consume honey that bees works so hard storing up for themselves. But they comes in and take it away from them without their permission. They are nothing but hoodlums that raids other creatures' refrigerators. Takes what doesn't belongs to them.

There is so much wrong in that paragraph, I don't know where to begin. Are you claiming vegans eat only raw food? If so, that is flatly incorrect, where did you get that from? There are some vegans who eat raw only, but that is not veganism, that is just a subset.

And no, vegans don't eat honey. At least the overwhelming majority don't. "Hoodlums that raid others refrigerators?" :laugh2: What on earth are you talking about?
I know a lot of vegans. I shops at health food stores a lot, because I eat organic foods. And we talk about each others diets. They always telling me that I shouldn't cook my foods, because they said that we are cooking out or destroying good nutrients that our bodies needs. They mostly eats food that looks like granola bars or something that was squeezed from out of a bear's rectum. But they don't cook their bread products. They just let the dough dry in the sun.
But plants are living being. And some plants houses many insects and parasites. And so you are still killing life just to please your belly.

And so no more bathing or drinking water. Or else you'll be killing a colony of living creatures.

I know a lot of vegans. I shops at health food stores a lot, because I eat organic foods. And we talk about each others diets. They always telling me that I shouldn't cook my foods, because they said that we are cooking out or destroying good nutrients that our bodies needs. They mostly eats food that looks like granola bars or something that was squeezed from out of a bear's rectum. But they don't cook their bread products. They just let the dough dry in the sun.
But plants are living being. And some plants houses many insects and parasites. And so you are still killing life just to please your belly.

Again, it is simply false that veganism is about eating raw food. Just because you met some vegans at your health food store who ate raw, it does not logically follow that veganism is about eating raw. So for to leap to making those claims is either illogical / sincerely misguided or dishonest, take your pick.

As for what you said about plants and bacteria, I'm sorry, I don't like to be blunt, but that was the most idiotic thing I've read here in months.

If you think that a vegetable or fruit which is meant to be food (designed to be food, by God almighty) is on the same level as a sentient being like a pig who is ranked even smarter than a dog, and according to tests is said to be as smart as a 3 year old child, then you are even more ignorant than I thought.

Fruits, veggies, etc, do not have a brain, like animals do. There is no central nervous system. There is no ability to feel emotions or ability to feel pain, like animals can.

Of ALL possible objections against veganism, that one is the most idiotic one of all, BY FAR. I mean, I shouldn't even waste my time replying to something that idiotic, but you never know if someone reading will be foolish enough to believe it, so I addressed it.

z3Hc7Kh.jpg

Last edited:
Again, it is simply false that veganism is about eating raw food. Just because you met some vegans at your health food store who ate raw, it does not logically follow that veganism is about eating raw. So for to leap to making those claims is either illogical / sincerely misguided or dishonest, take your pick.

As for what you said about plants and bacteria, I'm sorry, I don't like to be blunt, but that was the most idiotic thing I've read here in months.

If you think that a vegetable or fruit which is meant to be food (designed to be food, by God almighty) is on the same level as a sentient being like a pig who is ranked even smarter than a dog, and according to tests is said to be as smart as a 3 year old child, then you are even more ignorant than I thought.

Fruits, veggies, etc, do not have a brain, like animals do. There is no central nervous system. There is no ability to feel emotions or ability to feel pain, like animals can.

Of ALL possible objections against veganism, that one is the most idiotic one of all, BY FAR. I mean, I shouldn't even waste my time replying to something that idiotic, but you never know if someone reading will be foolish enough to believe it, so I addressed it.

z3Hc7Kh.jpg
That is what all you vegetable eaters says. You all says that God gave you vegetables to eat. That sounds so barbaric. I can see all the little fruit trees and vegetables plants screaming bloody murder when you rip out their fetuses and eat them for your own pleasure. Just imagine all of the bees that impregnated these plants will say about you eating their offspring?
The vegan trend just started a few years back. It has evolved into a more desirable diet. At first people didn't like being vegans because they weren't allowed to cook. And so vegans started cooking to make their meals more desirable so that people will buy their products. I have a friend in Berkeley Ca. They has been vegans before veganism became known. The always juicing their foods. They drink a lot of soymilk and other drinks that are made from raw plants. They dried most of their foods, and then grind them into powder to make a paste out of them. They dried their potatoes, beets and carrots to make them into chips. Even they dry kale leaves and eat them as chips. They turns lots of their nuts into a nut paste like peanut butter. But that was years ago. Now things have changed from back then.
Back then, hardly nobody didn't want to become a vegan.

Jonah 4
9 But God said to Jonah, “Is it right for you to be angry about the plant?”

“It is,” he said. “And I’m so angry I wish I were dead.”

10 But the Lord said, “You have been concerned about this plant, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. 11 And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left—and also many animals?”

Matthew 8:27
The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

Luke 19:40
“I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

Genesis 28
18 Early the next morning Jacob took the stone he had placed under his head and set it up as a pillar and poured oil on top of it. 19 He called that place Bethel, though the city used to be called Luz.

20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear 21 so that I return safely to my father’s household, then the Lord will be my God 22 and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”

I have a philosophical belief system that eating meat as a way to world peace.
You forgot to put a b in there.

But it was pretty stupid for the League to invest in animal testing. I bet they have/had other vegans working for them.

Probably but it's their money, they are entitled to spend it how they see fit.

It's not really their money. Its their pension fund which they administer on behalf of their members.

They have a fiduciary duty to get the best return for the members so that is the primary factor driving their investment decisions.

Most bigger companies get around this by offering an ethical choice or by balloting their members.

They dropped the ball on this one by not doing anything. I know a few hunt sabs who are horrified but it isnt their pension.

z3Hc7Kh.jpg
That is what all you vegetable eaters says. You all says that God gave you vegetables to eat. That sounds so barbaric. I can see all the little fruit trees and vegetables plants screaming bloody murder when you rip out their fetuses and eat them for your own pleasure. Just imagine all of the bees that impregnated these plants will say about you eating their offspring?
The vegan trend just started a few years back. It has evolved into a more desirable diet. At first people didn't like being vegans because they weren't allowed to cook. And so vegans started cooking to make their meals more desirable so that people will buy their products. I have a friend in Berkeley Ca. They has been vegans before veganism became known. The always juicing their foods. They drink a lot of soymilk and other drinks that are made from raw plants. They dried most of their foods, and then grind them into powder to make a paste out of them. They dried their potatoes, beets and carrots to make them into chips. Even they dry kale leaves and eat them as chips. They turns lots of their nuts into a nut paste like peanut butter. But that was years ago. Now things have changed from back then.

Jonah 4

10 But the Lord said, “You have been concerned about this plant, though you did not tend it or make it grow. It sprang up overnight and died overnight. 11 And should I not have concern for the great city of Nineveh, in which there are more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who cannot tell their right hand from their left—and also many animals?”

The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”

Genesis 28
18 Early the next morning Jacob took the stone he had placed under his head and set it up as a pillar and poured oil on top of it. 19 He called that place Bethel, though the city used to be called Luz.

20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear 21 so that I return safely to my father’s household, then the Lord will be my God 22 and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”

It looks like you set a new record for packing in the most false statements into one post. I mean, it’s actually comical how you were able to pack so many false and ridiculous statements into one post, good job! :laugh2:

For your sake, I hope you were just trolling, because I really would pity someone who believes the things you said. But of course you don’t believe the things you said, if you actually believed that fruits and vegetables suffer and scream in horror when they’re being eaten then you wouldn’t eat them, would you? On the other hand, since you eat animals who absolutely DO suffer and feel pain when they had their throat slit and were hung upside down and dismembered, then that whole argument about pain doesn’t even matter to you, obviously it doesn’t, you’re just trying to argue against veganism. But you end up making yourself look like an ignorant, illogical, ridiculous fool.

Look, I know it’s uncomfortable to be shown that you said something demonstrably incorrect, and perhaps I’ve been a little too blunt with you. But the honorable thing to do when someone shows that you’ve said something false is to admit your mistake and move on. That is something that people respect. But to double down and not only continue with false statements but make even more insane, hilariously idiotic statements really is unbecoming and pitiful. Thanks for the laugh though!

Last edited:

But it was pretty stupid for the League to invest in animal testing. I bet they have/had other vegans working for them.

It's not really their money. Its their pension fund which they administer on behalf of their members.

They have a fiduciary duty to get the best return for the members so that is the primary factor driving their investment decisions.

Most bigger companies get around this by offering an ethical choice or by balloting their members.

They dropped the ball on this one by not doing anything. I know a few hunt sabs who are horrified but it isnt their pension.

That is why I’d rather invest than a pension fund manage my money. Not easy to do.

Calling Vegan a religious belief system is a very slippery slope.

That is why I’d rather invest than a pension fund manage my money. Not easy to do.

I think it is as well. Surely its a lifestyle choice. Ive worked all of my life and I cant ever remember vegan being an issue anywhere. I am not sure it is an issue in this case either.

A vegan man is bringing a landmark legal action later, in which a tribunal will decide for the first time whether veganism should be protected in law.

Jordi Casamitjana says he was sacked by the League Against Cruel Sports after disclosing it invested pension funds in firms involved in animal testing.

He claims he was unfairly disciplined and the decision to sack him was because of his veganism.

The League Against Cruel Sports says he was dismissed for gross misconduct.

However, it does not contest that veganism should be protected.

On Thursday, the employment tribunal will consider whether veganism is a "philosophical belief" akin to a religion.

I think he is taking the piss myself. The League should not have been investing in animal testing given its remit. And I suspect that he was sacked for embarrassing somebody. But they weren't doing anything illegal and the last thing we need is another "religion".
And the guy looks like a Grade A twat.

_104542507_veganvinny.jpg
What religions and philosophical belief systems (e.x. secular Humanism) are already recognized and protected, and why shouldn't "veganism" be?

I think it is as well. Surely its a lifestyle choice. Ive worked all of my life and I cant ever remember vegan being an issue anywhere. I am not sure it is an issue in this case either.
I'm sure it can be an issue, people who put no dietary restrictions on themselves can act like jerks towards others, as can be seen in this thread as well.

On the other hand, I find it hard to believe it being an issue in an animal rights group.

Me either, now some are very passionate about their lifestyle and their not wanting harm to animals, that I can appreciate. I worked with a few vegans and they are nice enough and it didn’t interfere with their work or their relationship at work.

I worked with a guy who was the same religion as I am and he kept pushing our religion at work, he was a distraction and I wound up firing for something else but his attitude about religion didn’t help his cause when we made a decision. I kept telling him work was not the place for personal beliefs, he was a thorn in my side. I am for balance in life.

A vegan man is bringing a landmark legal action later, in which a tribunal will decide for the first time whether veganism should be protected in law.

Jordi Casamitjana says he was sacked by the League Against Cruel Sports after disclosing it invested pension funds in firms involved in animal testing.

He claims he was unfairly disciplined and the decision to sack him was because of his veganism.

The League Against Cruel Sports says he was dismissed for gross misconduct.

However, it does not contest that veganism should be protected.

On Thursday, the employment tribunal will consider whether veganism is a "philosophical belief" akin to a religion.

I think he is taking the piss myself. The League should not have been investing in animal testing given its remit. And I suspect that he was sacked for embarrassing somebody. But they weren't doing anything illegal and the last thing we need is another "religion".
And the guy looks like a Grade A twat.

_104542507_veganvinny.jpg
What religions and philosophical belief systems (e.x. secular Humanism) are already recognized and protected, and why shouldn't "veganism" be?

You can claim anything is a belief system, how far do you want to take it?

I'm sure it can be an issue, people who put no dietary restrictions on themselves can act like jerks towards others, as can be seen in this thread as well.

On the other hand, I find it hard to believe it being an issue in an animal rights group.
I cant believe how badly they have handled it to let it get this far.

z3Hc7Kh.jpg

Jonah 4

Genesis 28

It looks like you set a new record for packing in the most false statements into one post. I mean, it’s actually comical how you were able to pack so many false and ridiculous statements into one post, good job! :laugh2:

For your sake, I hope you were just trolling, because I really would pity someone who believes the things you said. But of course you don’t believe the things you said, if you actually believed that fruits and vegetables suffer and scream in horror when they’re being eaten then you wouldn’t eat them, would you? On the other hand, since you eat animals who absolutely DO suffer and feel pain when they had their throat slit and were hung upside down and dismembered, then that whole argument about pain doesn’t even matter to you, obviously it doesn’t, you’re just trying to argue against veganism. But you end up making yourself look like an ignorant, illogical, ridiculous fool.

Look, I know it’s uncomfortable to be shown that you said something demonstrably incorrect, and perhaps I’ve been a little too blunt with you. But the honorable thing to do when someone shows that you’ve said something false is to admit your mistake and move on. That is something that people respect. But to double down and not only continue with false statements but make even more insane, hilariously idiotic statements really is unbecoming and pitiful. Thanks for the laugh though!

I know you want to have a distinguish title. That you want to be known as someone that has defeated all odds. But you know what? I'm going to go ahead and give you a title. How about 3/4 vegan just like how the mason ranks like 1/3 degree mason.
And believe me that I know about nutrition and know about all sorts of diets and how these diets effects the body. back in the days. No one dependent on meds. They had knowledge about herbs. what herbs is good for certain things. and believe me, that I don't even look my age.
When I was growing up. That there was three types of vegetarians. One that eats dairy. And another they eats fish and poultry like Lou Ferrigno. And I used to work out. I have friends that were professional bodybuilders and football and basketball players. Bodybuilders have to know what foods to eat and so on. But then there is the strict vegetarians, that doesn't eat nothing from off the animals. And then the vegans came later on.
This new vegan trend that they are not vegans but they are strict vegetarians. Whom ever that is teaching you about veganism. That they don't want to admit that they don't have any will-power. And so they created the diet to fit into their own taste buds. That pretty soon, that they will start telling you that you can eat meat as long as the eyes were taken out before the animals' death

I know you want to have a distinguish title. That you want to be known as someone that has defeated all odds. But you know what? I'm going to go ahead and give you a title. How about 3/4 vegan just like how the mason ranks like 1/3 degree mason.
And believe me that I know about nutrition and know about all sorts of diets and how these diets effects the body. back in the days. No one dependent on meds. They had knowledge about herbs. what herbs is good for certain things. and believe me, that I don't even look my age.
When I was growing up. That there was three types of vegetarians. One that eats dairy. And another they eats fish and poultry like Lou Ferrigno. And I used to work out. I have friends that were professional bodybuilders and football and basketball players. Bodybuilders have to know what foods to eat and so on. But then there is the strict vegetarians, that doesn't eat nothing from off the animals. And then the vegans came later on.
This new vegan trend that they are not vegans but they are strict vegetarians. Whom ever that is teaching you about veganism. That they don't want to admit that they don't have any will-power. And so they created the diet to fit into their own taste buds. That pretty soon, that they will start telling you that you can eat meat as long as the eyes were taken out before the animals' death

Veganism is not a diet, it's an ethical stance. I'm sorry, but based on your posts, it's clear you don't know anything about it. In fact, almost everything you have stated is flatly and demonstrably false. Your very last sentence makes me question your sanity. Either that or you're just trolling. In which case, I'm sorry, but I don't have time to play troll games.

Veganism is not a diet, it's an ethical stance. I'm sorry, but based on your posts, it's clear you don't know anything about it. In fact, almost everything you have stated is flatly and demonstrably false. Your very last sentence makes me question your sanity. Either that or you're just trolling. In which case, I'm sorry, but I don't have time to play troll games.

raw

raw

What did I say that was false? You can't refute anything I've said, or else you would have by now. You posted a slew of false and hilariously ridiculous, laughable statements, which is why I'm thinking you must be trolling. So unless you can refute what I said, or concede, I'm going to stop feeding the troll.

Forum List

Back