Sacked vegan brings landmark discrimination case

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

A vegan man is bringing a landmark legal action later, in which a tribunal will decide for the first time whether veganism should be protected in law.

Jordi Casamitjana says he was sacked by the League Against Cruel Sports after disclosing it invested pension funds in firms involved in animal testing.

He claims he was unfairly disciplined and the decision to sack him was because of his veganism.

The League Against Cruel Sports says he was dismissed for gross misconduct.

However, it does not contest that veganism should be protected.

On Thursday, the employment tribunal will consider whether veganism is a "philosophical belief" akin to a religion.

I think he is taking the piss myself. The League should not have been investing in animal testing given its remit. And I suspect that he was sacked for embarrassing somebody. But they weren't doing anything illegal and the last thing we need is another "religion".
And the guy looks like a Grade A twat.

_104542507_veganvinny.jpg

He isn't being fired for being a vegan. He is being fired for being a twit.

He isn't being fired for being a vegan. He is being fired for being a twit.
His only defence might be as a whistleblower or if they didn't follow their procedures. But other than that he has very little. The charity should now sack its management for handling this so badly.

A vegan man is bringing a landmark legal action later, in which a tribunal will decide for the first time whether veganism should be protected in law.

Jordi Casamitjana says he was sacked by the League Against Cruel Sports after disclosing it invested pension funds in firms involved in animal testing.

He claims he was unfairly disciplined and the decision to sack him was because of his veganism.

The League Against Cruel Sports says he was dismissed for gross misconduct.

However, it does not contest that veganism should be protected.

On Thursday, the employment tribunal will consider whether veganism is a "philosophical belief" akin to a religion.

I think he is taking the piss myself. The League should not have been investing in animal testing given its remit. And I suspect that he was sacked for embarrassing somebody. But they weren't doing anything illegal and the last thing we need is another "religion".
And the guy looks like a Grade A twat.

_104542507_veganvinny.jpg
Who cares about veganism. They only it produce in its raw form. You can't cook it or bake it. They don't consume any type of dairy because they believe that it is disrespecting the animal that it has came from. But they consume honey that bees works so hard storing up for themselves. But they comes in and take it away from them without their permission. They are nothing but hoodlums that raids other creatures' refrigerators. Takes what doesn't belongs to them.

It’s a British issue not an American issue should this not be in the Europe threads, why is it in Current Events, no one cares about Brits.

I have a philosophical belief system that eating meat as a way to world peace.

You forgot to put a b in there.

But it was pretty stupid for the League to invest in animal testing. I bet they have/had other vegans working for them.

But it was pretty stupid for the League to invest in animal testing. I bet they have/had other vegans working for them.

Probably but it's their money, they are entitled to spend it how they see fit.
I assume they also make their money from donations.

By your comment, I have to assume you're completely fine making donations to a pro-Trump group, even if they donate some of their money to the Democrats.

By your comment, I have to assume you're completely fine making donations to a pro-Trump group, even if they donate some of their money to the Democrats.

I don't make donations to pro-Trump groups, what they do with their money is their business, just like what I do with my money is my business. Maybe, people need to smarten up where companies donate money to before they give.

I read up on charities I donate to, to make sure they align with my values.

I don't make donations to pro-Trump groups, what they do with their money is their business, just like what I do with my money is my business. Maybe, people need to smarten up where companies donate money to before they give.

Fair enough, but the League apparently kept who they donated to secret.

That isn't right and if they did that, I would never donate a dime.

Why would you donate to them? Are you against animal cruelty?

Define animal cruelty.

Define animal cruelty.
Bullfighting, for example. But it would help if you read the stuff in thread instead of just posting nonsense.

Define animal cruelty.
Bullfighting, for example. But it would help if you read the stuff in thread instead of just posting nonsense.

Bullfighting and killing animals for sport, I am against. You are asking personal questions, so I want clarification. As you know on this board people tend to twist words. You are the one that brought up the rest. I am still not believing Vegans are any type of religion.

Define animal cruelty.

Bullfighting and killing animals for sport, I am against. You are asking personal questions, so I want clarification. As you know on this board people tend to twist words. You are the one that brought up the rest. I am still not believing Vegans are any type of religion.
I also don't believe it is a religion. Just like not believing in killing or stealing is not a religion, it's just a moral set of beliefs.

You should still read the posts and links when going into a thread.

New Topics

Forum List

Back