Sabra and Shatila: 30 Years Ago Today

Hossfly,

I have to keep reminding you that this message board we are having this discussion on is designated as a place to discuss Israel and Palestine.

Sabra and Shatila are relevant because those massacres arose out of the Israeli Palestinian conflict and the presence of Israeli Occupying forces in Lebanon in 1982.

What is happening to Christians in Sudan and Nigeria or "Muslim countries" has no relevance to this thread or Israel and Palestine, so there is no reason to address those subjects here.

What is with your calling me both a Christian and a Muslim? You know I am a Christian, I have stated that before. And my refusal to embrace the Muslim Hatefest Program, or should I more correctly call it a Pogrom, does not operate to convert me from a Christian to a Muslim.

Sherri
I mention Palestine in my replies but I refer to other Muslim countries because it is an analogy and metaphorical. Can't you get away from your Tinmore-like arguments?And if you don't want to be called a Muslim, stop acting like one. As for your Christian "piety," I have never in my life heard Christian people defile Jews until you started your ranting and raving.

Hossfly,

I woke up yesterday, seeing this road, in my mind. It was a road headed straight to DEATH AND DESTRUCTION AND HELL, and Israel was on that road, and the United States was not far behind her. And I knew it was almost inevitable, that there was absolutely nothing that was going to stop them both from reaching their destinations. I knew it was extremely unlikely either nation was going to stop and change the route they were headed down. But I had to remind myself, and I constantly have to keep reminding myself of this, which is true of all Nations and all Individuals, we, all of us, choose every single day whether to pursue peace or war, and the World's values or God's values, and support Injustice or oppose Injustice we see in front of us, and do what is good or what is bad, and for how ever long any Nation or person lives they have that choice to make. And there is hope for all Nations and all persons, be they Jew or Gentile, as long as any Nation exists and any person lives.

When you see your Nation, your Friends, your Family, your people, the World, all headed straight for Death and Destruction and Hell, do you just sit there in silence and watch it all happen or do you at least try to use your voice to speak against what is bad in what you see happening around you? No, I guess an individual cannot change the world or God's plan for it, but we, every single day are responsible for responding to what is happening around us, we are responsible for our responses to what we see and confront each and every day of our lives. And I think we all have the capacity to make a positive difference in our world, with our lives. Sometimes, that does call us to say things that seemingly are harsh or unkind. But if you really spend some time in the Bible, you will find those pursuing/following God there, many times are using harsh sounding language, as well. Matthew 23, that is an example. And the Book of Isaiah is filled with more illustrations. Doing what is right is not always saying kind words to everyone. It's here I am tempted to quote Ecclesiastes and King Solomon, his words about there being a time and place for everything under the sun. But I do not believe everything written there is necessarily literally true (for example, I do not think there is ever a time for me personally to take the life of another), it is not all consistent with the teachings of Jesus, who says, I give you a new command, love one another as I have loved you. He said that, those words, and He also said those seemingly harsh words about certain people doing certain things in Matthew 23.

About acting like a Muslim, what I see is that everyone who refuses to hate or demonize Muslims is attacked in this fashion. And I intend to keep right on thinking and acting that way, and refusing to hate them. The real enemy, my real enemy, is not any people, but negative emotions and choices, like HATE and WAR. Values of The World? I am taking a Bible Study on the Gospel of John, and so far, we just have gone through a quick overview of the first 11 chapters. And there is this one verse, I cannot get out of my head, where Jesus speaks of the World and the World hating Him, and He refers to the world as it. It is certainly a challenge, to love and not hate, to hate bad acts but not people, to see people apart from the bad actions they embrace, to see we can always, all of us, make different choices and there is hope for all.

Sherri
Are you finished, Sherri? Meanwhile, everyone can see that Sherri never blames the Muslims for what they have done and what they are still doing? We have learned that Muslims must never say anything bad against other Muslims. Are you taking Bible lessons at some madrassa, Sherri? Some of your posts have been sent to people who actually have had Bible lessons practically all their lives and who study the Bible every day, thus not getting their information on the Internet where people can be pretend Christians, have classified you as a phony. You can keep on all you want to, Sherri, about how good a Christian you are, but to many readers this just don't make it so.

I mention Palestine in my replies but I refer to other Muslim countries because it is an analogy and metaphorical. Can't you get away from your Tinmore-like arguments?And if you don't want to be called a Muslim, stop acting like one. As for your Christian "piety," I have never in my life heard Christian people defile Jews until you started your ranting and raving.

Hossfly,

I woke up yesterday, seeing this road, in my mind. It was a road headed straight to DEATH AND DESTRUCTION AND HELL, and Israel was on that road, and the United States was not far behind her. And I knew it was almost inevitable, that there was absolutely nothing that was going to stop them both from reaching their destinations. I knew it was extremely unlikely either nation was going to stop and change the route they were headed down. But I had to remind myself, and I constantly have to keep reminding myself of this, which is true of all Nations and all Individuals, we, all of us, choose every single day whether to pursue peace or war, and the World's values or God's values, and support Injustice or oppose Injustice we see in front of us, and do what is good or what is bad, and for how ever long any Nation or person lives they have that choice to make. And there is hope for all Nations and all persons, be they Jew or Gentile, as long as any Nation exists and any person lives.

When you see your Nation, your Friends, your Family, your people, the World, all headed straight for Death and Destruction and Hell, do you just sit there in silence and watch it all happen or do you at least try to use your voice to speak against what is bad in what you see happening around you? No, I guess an individual cannot change the world or God's plan for it, but we, every single day are responsible for responding to what is happening around us, we are responsible for our responses to what we see and confront each and every day of our lives. And I think we all have the capacity to make a positive difference in our world, with our lives. Sometimes, that does call us to say things that seemingly are harsh or unkind. But if you really spend some time in the Bible, you will find those pursuing/following God there, many times are using harsh sounding language, as well. Matthew 23, that is an example. And the Book of Isaiah is filled with more illustrations. Doing what is right is not always saying kind words to everyone. It's here I am tempted to quote Ecclesiastes and King Solomon, his words about there being a time and place for everything under the sun. But I do not believe everything written there is necessarily literally true (for example, I do not think there is ever a time for me personally to take the life of another), it is not all consistent with the teachings of Jesus, who says, I give you a new command, love one another as I have loved you. He said that, those words, and He also said those seemingly harsh words about certain people doing certain things in Matthew 23.

About acting like a Muslim, what I see is that everyone who refuses to hate or demonize Muslims is attacked in this fashion. And I intend to keep right on thinking and acting that way, and refusing to hate them. The real enemy, my real enemy, is not any people, but negative emotions and choices, like HATE and WAR. Values of The World? I am taking a Bible Study on the Gospel of John, and so far, we just have gone through a quick overview of the first 11 chapters. And there is this one verse, I cannot get out of my head, where Jesus speaks of the World and the World hating Him, and He refers to the world as it. It is certainly a challenge, to love and not hate, to hate bad acts but not people, to see people apart from the bad actions they embrace, to see we can always, all of us, make different choices and there is hope for all.

Sherri
Are you finished, Sherri? Meanwhile, everyone can see that Sherri never blames the Muslims for what they have done and what they are still doing? We have learned that Muslims must never say anything bad against other Muslims. Are you taking Bible lessons at some madrassa, Sherri? Some of your posts have been sent to people who actually have had Bible lessons practically all their lives and who study the Bible every day, thus not getting their information on the Internet where people can be pretend Christians, have classified you as a phony. You can keep on all you want to, Sherri, about how good a Christian you are, but to many readers this just don't make it so.

i think the world consists of more people than you and your two cooze butt buddies, roudy and say it.

Fuck You, REMF.

Hossfly,

Sherri

i think the world consists of more people than you and your two cooze butt buddies, roudy and say it.

Fuck You, REMF.
As Sherri is a Christian, I am a Hindu and I study
The Vedas, Upanishads, Manusmriti, Srimad Bhagvatam, Bhagwad Geeta, Ramayana every day.

Fuck You, REMF.
The Vedas, Upanishads, Manusmriti, Srimad Bhagvatam, Bhagwad Geeta, Ramayana every day.

what part of "judge not lest ye be judged" do you find so difficult to understand, REMF.

Fuck You, REMF.

what part of "judge not lest ye be judged" do you find so difficult to understand, REMF.
Let me contemplate that question for 15 years or so and I'll get back to you.There's no hurry.

so? I served in the Navy as an officer. ---well---not a combat type officer but if I ended up somewhere in the sticks with others of lesser rank---I would have had command I would have no idea in my mind other than "HOW TO PROTECT" the people under my command. Knowing that the SHERRI side is saturation bombing a residential city on my side with poison nail bombs would have an effect on me. Unless you have served in the military ----been an officer ----you have nothing to say, Sherri. But just think----if the 2006 conflict had not taken place you would not have had the pleasure of knowing that your colleagues engaged in mutilation torture murders that included severing the genitals of young men and stuffing the members down the throats of the still living boys Maybe you will get lucky someday and be able to take part in an islamic style obscene torture murder. btw---there is no way of proving that any of the crap written in the report you cite is true-----but the autopsies of the obscene torture meccaist style murders were definitive
When do you plan on providing proof for any of the crap you write?

Start with those definitive autopsies.

Your shilling for the "chosen people" is becoming shrill and redundant.

so? I served in the Navy as an officer. ---well---not a combat type officer but if I ended up somewhere in the sticks with others of lesser rank---I would have had command I would have no idea in my mind other than "HOW TO PROTECT" the people under my command. Knowing that the SHERRI side is saturation bombing a residential city on my side with poison nail bombs would have an effect on me. Unless you have served in the military ----been an officer ----you have nothing to say, Sherri. But just think----if the 2006 conflict had not taken place you would not have had the pleasure of knowing that your colleagues engaged in mutilation torture murders that included severing the genitals of young men and stuffing the members down the throats of the still living boys Maybe you will get lucky someday and be able to take part in an islamic style obscene torture murder. btw---there is no way of proving that any of the crap written in the report you cite is true-----but the autopsies of the obscene torture meccaist style murders were definitive

So Georgie doesn't think he is shilling for the Muslim people who happened to have killed Christians. Does anyone actually think that Georgie would have started a thread entitled "It is almost 100 years since the Muslim Turks murdered over a million Christian Armenians along with Greeks and Assyrians." Of course he wouldn't have because he couldn't have dragged the Jews/Israelis into this particular atrocity. He can't even face up to the fact that many Christians happened to be killed in Darmour which led the Maronites to seek revenge on the Palestinians.

Lol you guys have a real discussion I just read this it's all rants :) some of you posted good information though

So Georgie doesn't think he is shilling for the Muslim people who happened to have killed Christians. Does anyone actually think that Georgie would have started a thread entitled "It is almost 100 years since the Muslim Turks murdered over a million Christian Armenians along with Greeks and Assyrians." Of course he wouldn't have because he couldn't have dragged the Jews/Israelis into this particular atrocity. He can't even face up to the fact that many Christians happened to be killed in Darmour which led the Maronites to seek revenge on the Palestinians.
You're right, Aristotle, it would never have occurred to me to mention the Armenian Genocide in a thread about Sabra and Shatila although the Turks based much of their racism on the same logical fallacies that many Jews today hold towards Arabs.

"Turkish rule...meant unutterable contempt...The Armenians (and Greeks) were dogs and pigs...to be spat upon, if their shadow darkened a Turk, to be outraged, to be the mats on which he wiped the mud from his feet..."

Sounds a little like life in Area C for today's non-chosen.

Armenian Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're right, Aristotle, it would never have occurred to me to mention the Armenian Genocide in a thread about Sabra and Shatila although the Turks based much of their racism on the same logical fallacies that many Jews today hold towards Arabs.

"Turkish rule...meant unutterable contempt...The Armenians (and Greeks) were dogs and pigs...to be spat upon, if their shadow darkened a Turk, to be outraged, to be the mats on which he wiped the mud from his feet..."

Sounds a little like life in Area C for today's non-chosen.

Armenian Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Now Georgie, how do you know that the Hindus, Christians and Buddhists don't hate the Muslims more? Since you live in the big city of Los Angeles, you probably can catch one or two or more when they come out of services and ask them how they feel about the Muslims. I just know your city must have several Coptic or Assyrian Churches and Buddhist and Hindus Temples so it shouldn't be too difficult for you to find out their feelings toward the Muslims. After all, the Muslims have murdered tons of them in the past and are still murdering them today. And let face it, Georgie, if this was the 100th anniversary of the Armenian Genocide, you wouldn't have mentioned it at all. Since I once read that there is a huge Armenian population in the Los Angeles area, no doubt they have never forgotten what happened to their people.

Hossie, you're absolutely right (blind squirrels and broken clocks).

My best friend is Armenian, and she's never forgotten what Muslims did to her family; however, she's way too logical to condemn Palestinians for the crimes of the Turks. Why do you?

BTW, those Christian deaths in Darmour which inspired the Maronites to seek revenge on Palestinians would never have happened if the greatest purveyor of violence on this planet hadn't supported the creation of a Jewish State in 1948.

Possibly your own contributions to the murder of 3 million Asians during the US occupation of South Vietnam makes it difficult for you to recognize the universality of doing onto others as you would have them do onto you?

My best friend is Armenian, and she's never forgotten what Muslims did to her family; however, she's way too logical to condemn Palestinians for the crimes of the Turks. Why do you?

BTW, those Christian deaths in Darmour which inspired the Maronites to seek revenge on Palestinians would never have happened if the greatest purveyor of violence on this planet hadn't supported the creation of a Jewish State in 1948.

Possibly your own contributions to the murder of 3 million Asians during the US occupation of South Vietnam makes it difficult for you to recognize the universality of doing onto others as you would have them do onto you?

...however, she's way too logical to condemn Palestinians for the crimes of the Turks. Why do you?

Good question.

I can't wait to hear the answer.

...however, she's way too logical to condemn Palestinians for the crimes of the Turks. Why do you?

Good question.

I'm guessing it won't include the words "segregation", "democratic", or "racism".

"Israel’s segregationist occupation infrastructure evidenced by legalized discrimination and increasingly separate and unequal justice systems must no longer be directly or indirectly funded by the US taxpayers or ignored by the US government;

• "Israel has failed as a claimed democratic state and continued American financial and political cover will not change its continuing devolution as international pariah state;

• "Increasingly, rampant and violent racism exhibited among Jewish settlers in the West Bank is being condoned by the Israeli government to a degree that the Israel government has become its protector and partner..."

Franklin Lamb:  America Planning for a Post-Israel Middle East?      :    Information Clearing House: ICH

Franklin Lamb is a nazi propagandaist whose articles are published in the Premier american nazi web site STORMFRONT

It is interesting how some have done nothing but slime the source without mentioning any of the issues.

Typical propaganda ploy.

Sherrie-----may all those males you care for experience the same "FANTASY"'
I saw the autopsy photos your colleagues at the nuremburg trials did not DOCUMENT their actions either

Palis murdering Armenians? Did I really say that? Anyhow, they would probably murder them if they had the opportunity. They're Muslims ain't they?

Are we back to the Viet Nam war, Georgie, because it is obvious that a coward like you wouldn't even defend this country if needed. Did you even go into the California National Guard during peacetime so you could help out here if needed during natural disasters? So you know one Armenian. Why not ask many Armenians if they support Israel over the Arabs after what happened to their people? Meanwhile, why not do as I suggest and go speak to the citizens in your area who are Hindus, Assyrians, Buddhists, etc. and ask them how they feel about the Muslims? By the way, Georgie, since you are blaming the tragedy at Damour on the creation of the State of Israel, could you tell us if Israel was to blame for the tragedy of the over two million Christians murdered in the Sudan by Muslims? How about the Hindus murdered in Bangladesh by the Pakistani Army? It's really pathetic when you have posters like Georgie putting the blame on Israel for what happened instead of saying that the Palestinians didn't have to start up in Darmour in the first place.

Good question.

I have a story to tell you about your Palestinians pals that will amuse you, Tinny. Years ago there was a Lebanese poster with the screen name of Waves of Green. He was a retired officer in the Marines. He said that Israel took in many of the Lebanese survivors of this tragedy, and two of his cousins became policemen. When they were interrogating Arabs and the Arabs found out they were Lebanese, the Arabs wet their pants. One good thing about his story is that his young cousin who was raped was sent to medical school by the Israelis, and she became a doctor.

Forum List

Back